IT.COM

How can I ship a domain name sold on Ebay?

NameSilo
Watch

Kamaz

Established Member
Impact
Hi everyone,

I sold a domain name on eBay 2 days ago. I pushed the domain name to the buyer account and everything was great.

Today, I got an Email from Ebay that the item must be shipped to the buyer to make sure I can get paid faster.

I think the domain name as a non-physical product cannot be shipped, so how can I let them know that the domain was pushed successfully to the buyer account?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Use hosterstats.com it will show exactly when it was transferred. Refer eBay to it to check or screenshot the data for your sold domain. Then screenshot the new whois on the domain hopefully it doesn't have privacy yet

•••
This is what you do, print a invoice and put it in an envelope, buy the postage for 4 oz and then mail it. You have the tracking number to prove they received it and if they dispute the sale on their bank account (happened to me) they have to literally return the merchandise in order to follow through.

I learned this from someone who worked for Paypal.

•••
Jus contact eBay through their live chat with any transaction info, and they will sort this for you.

•••
This is what you do, print a invoice and put it in an envelope, buy the postage for 4 oz and then mail it. You have the tracking number to prove they received it and if they dispute the sale on their bank account (happened to me) they have to literally return the merchandise in order to follow through.

I learned this from someone who worked for Paypal.

Damn! Seriously? Nice but I've sold downloadable products on eBay a while ago. Isn't an email a "form" of digital shipping? Wouldn't that work?

•••
Did you mark the item as shipped? If not, then just mark it as shipped and leave feedback. Don't invent the bicycle, just follow the common rules.

•••
Yes like @Ted.T said just mark it as shipped easy as a click.

•••
Did you mark the item as shipped? If not, then just mark it as shipped and leave feedback. Don't invent the bicycle, just follow the common rules.

Yup! I still don't get why they are making him jump thru hoops like this. A screenshot of the completed transfer at his registrar dashboard should suffice. Why does it have to be "shipped"?

•••
Yup! I still don't get why they are making him jump thru hoops like this. A screenshot of the completed transfer at his registrar dashboard should suffice. Why does it have to be "shipped"?
Are you joking? Ebay has some rules, a roadmap for sales. You, as a seller must mark the item as shipped in the moment you ship it. It doesn't matter if it's a real or digital item. Their emails are also automatically sent. Nobody cares about screenshots, just follow the rules.

•••
Yes, seriously. The customer bought digital goods from me too and I marked it sent and the lady disputed it with her bank and I showed screenshots but they didn't care. They took all my screenshots and then closed it in favor of the customer.

When you do the shipping label you'll have proof you shipped. Period. I hope you never have to go through that but maybe just call Paypal and ask how to mark that as delivered because it was a domain.

•••

No yet, how can I mark it as shipped? The buyer leaves a nice feedback on the item.

Buyer feedback: "Excellent transaction. Smooth and fast. Thank you very much."

•••
call ebay
explain it was digital item
explain buyer left feedback
they'll close it for you and release your funds.
gl

•••
I marked the item as shipped!

I will contact eBay and let them know that the domain was pushed and delivred i the time!

Hopefully they will release my funds!

•••

I will contact eBay and let them know that the domain was pushed and delivred i the time!

Yes, they will. This is a problem when selling digital items through them, and they could really do with implementing a better system. We stopped using them a while ago.

•••
Yes, they will. This is a problem when selling digital items through them, and they could really do with implementing a better system. We stopped using them a while ago.

Yeah, that's bad for the seller! What will happen if the buyer opens a dispute that the item was not delivered? Do I have to take screenshots or videos for every time I sold an item on eBay? Also, I don't like the story of 20 days Hold.

I marked when I listed the item that there are no returns, is this may help or not?

•••
You probably have low feedback or new to eBay. If that so eBay will hold the funds for 21 days. If buyer make a positive feedback or you add actual shipping info (Tracking) the process will be faster. Marking as "Shipped" without actually shipping anything will not help in case of chargeback. It will close in favour of buyer. They protect the buyer not seller. hats why sellers even cant make negative feedbacks. but buyers can. I have experience in this.

eBay is not desinged to sell digital goods. There are specific marketplaces to do that.

If you just care about releasing the funds faster, sell some domains faster and get some positive feedback. Make your account old and be like real seller. Then they will not hold the funds even for 1 second.

Hope this helps

•••
Yes, seriously. The customer bought digital goods from me too and I marked it sent and the lady disputed it with her bank and I showed screenshots but they didn't care. They took all my screenshots and then closed it in favor of the customer.

When you do the shipping label you'll have proof you shipped. Period. I hope you never have to go through that but maybe just call Paypal and ask how to mark that as delivered because it was a domain.

Thanks for help!
Much appreciated!

•••
In addition - I would suggest stop using eBay altogether - it's simply not the place to sell domains.

•••
This is why i wouldnt buy or sell domain names on ebay

•••
You probably have low feedback or new to eBay. If that so eBay will hold the funds for 21 days. If buyer make a positive feedback or you add actual shipping info (Tracking) the process will be faster. Marking as "Shipped" without actually shipping anything will not help in case of chargeback. It will close in favour of buyer. They protect the buyer not seller. hats why sellers even cant make negative feedbacks. but buyers can. I have experience in this.

eBay is not desinged to sell digital goods. There are specific marketplaces to do that.

If you just care about releasing the funds faster, sell some domains faster and get some positive feedback. Make your account old and be like real seller. Then they will not hold the funds even for 1 second.

Hope this helps

Thanks for help!

What will happen if the buyer opens a dispute and I send screenshots/Video proof to eBay that the domain is pushed directly to his account? is this may help?

•••
It really shouldn't be this difficult!

•••

Lol I assumed you did this already! Here I was thinking of "other ways". I agree with Ted

•••
Lol I assumed you did this already! Here I was thinking of "other ways". I agree with Ted

Lol I did it, and I'm waiting for their response. I'm wondering if the way: taking screenshots/Video proof may help or not!!

•••
Lol I did it, and I'm waiting for their response. I'm wondering if the way: taking screenshots/Video proof may help or not!!

Probably not?

•••
Paypal & eBay are dumba$$ when it comes to digital delivery. I Was asked for proof of "shipping" by paypal and in another instance by eBay for digital products delivered online.
I always had the habit of sending a physical delivery of a "Thank you for the purchase" card and in both cases, the tracking info just k!lled the buyers dispute.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back