Dynadot

How can I ship a domain name sold on Ebay?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Kamaz

Established Member
Impact
Hi everyone,

I sold a domain name on eBay 2 days ago. I pushed the domain name to the buyer account and everything was great.

Today, I got an Email from Ebay that the item must be shipped to the buyer to make sure I can get paid faster.

I think the domain name as a non-physical product cannot be shipped, so how can I let them know that the domain was pushed successfully to the buyer account?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Today, I got an Email from Ebay that the item must be shipped to the buyer to make sure I can get paid faster.

thats is a very interesting question
maybe you use an envelop?
send by snail mail
having the auth code insight???

who knows...

•••
thats is a very interesting question
maybe you use an envelop?
send by snail mail
having the auth code insight???

who knows...

Yes, you right!! This may be a good solution, but it's complicated. That means you have to do these things each time you sold a name on eBay. I have a new eBay account, that's why Paypal hold the money for 21 days. so I need to do more sales quickly and getting more positive feedback to make sure I can get paid faster.

•••
Ebay is hacked and tries to infect your system with a nasty trojan. I submitted the info including the js script to eset, they checked it and sure enough it's a nasty js script that seems harmless but once in it opens a connection to a site that will infect your system with multiple keyloggers and browser hijacks. so best to avoid ebay for a while.

•••
This is what you do, print a invoice and put it in an envelope, buy the postage for 4 oz and then mail it.

Probably a dumb question but why does the postage have to be for 4 oz?
Is it for the tracking? (ie. they don't offer tracking for postage less than 4 oz?)

•••
xx

Last edited:
•••
Probably a dumb question but why does the postage have to be for 4 oz?
Is it for the tracking? (ie. they don't offer tracking for postage less than 4 oz?)

that is because of the auth codes weight

•••
•••
•••
Wow, you managed to sell a domain on Ebay !? Only domains i've seen sell on there have been for peanuts. As far as covering yourself re scammers, of which there are many on Ebay, only push your domain to another account at the same registrar, don't give them an auth code to transfer out. At least then the registrar will have a record of who's account the domain transferred to.

•••
Just curious... not asking what name you sold but how much did you get for a name on ebay these days anyway?

•••
I found a couple of LLLL.com domains on eBay in the mid-200's. Paid through Paypal, domains pushed without a problem. I looked at the seller's feedback and ratings before bidding and they both seemed reasonable.

There was another listed as cye.com but you had to read the fine print that it was an IDN using cyrillic characters. I was watching as the bidding went over $900 - the sale never went through as whoever ended up winning didn't realize they were getting an IDN. I mean, a real LLL.com for only $900????

•••
I never have to ship my domains Ive sold on eBay! Or put weights in.

•••
Thanks Kpett. Happy domaining!

•••
Mail the pasword and username in a box with tracking and mark the domain 'shipped' lol

•••
Did you mark the item as shipped? If not, then just mark it as shipped and leave feedback. Don't invent the bicycle, just follow the common rules.
been cutting corners since birth myself.

•••
This is what you do, print a invoice and put it in an envelope, buy the postage for 4 oz and then mail it. You have the tracking number to prove they received it and if they dispute the sale on their bank account (happened to me) they have to literally return the merchandise in order to follow through.

I learned this from someone who worked for Paypal.
Great advice

I have not had any issues to this point but I will keep this in mind

Thanks

•••
I do know this, print a label and mail a receipt to the buyer so the buyer can't claim it was never delivered. A good friend has a personal executive contact at PayPal and this was the method he said would stop a charge back.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back