IT.COM

question How can I justify the value of domain name to end user ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ro5hit

NameZeal.comTop Member
Impact
Lately I had a conversation with a end user for a domain (E-commerce Brandable domain) that i hand reg a year ago. And last night i got mail from buyer asking for justification of price offered by me. I asked him for low XXXX. How can i justify the value of that domain.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How can i justify the value of that domain.
The simple version of this is.. You own it, and if they want it or feel it would be beneficial to their business, ..that's the price! If they don't want it, then you'll just offer it to their competitors.

•••
Say comparable domains are selling in that range. Have some examples but dont offer the examples until he ask for them

•••
Going after the right type of end users will be critical. By going after similar websites that have the domain keyword you own within their domain just maybe the longer version or less valuable extension. By doing this the value of the domain will be pretty obvious.

If the domain has a good amount of searches per month you can use that stat to your advantage and mention it to represent value. As stated above having a history of recent similar domain sales can justify the price if the price is within your target price. In simple words just do your research.

- Will

•••
It is not easy to justify a brandable domain through normal metrics.like no of searches etc.

Right buyer will buy it without asking such silly questions. The power of that name.

Just go through DN journal list.

Lat week, one 5-letter brandable went for low $ xxxxxx. Several good brandables went for low $ xxxx.

It is the power of patience and the right buyer.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back