Dynadot

question Master Domain Valuation: How?

NameSilo
Watch

Skyislimit

Established Member
Impact
Hello All

How can I accurately assess the value of a domain before purchasing it?

What websites and factors should I take into account during the evaluation process?"

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Chek the domain on

Dotdb.com
Namebio.com for similar sold domains
Estibot.com
Godaddy appraisal
Expireddomains.net

Any others guys?

Last edited:
•••
I would like to see in reducing importance your top 4 or 5 best valuers. Here's mine:-

GoDaddy
Estibot
Dynadot (My registrar who is trying provide me a spreadsheet of my complete domain portfolio)
Dotdh (I'd like to here what you think about this one)
Any others worth condering and why?

-------------------
Name Trader

•••
  1. Research Comparable Sales: Look at recent sales of similar domains on marketplaces like GoDaddy, Estibot, Dynadot, Dotdb,Sedo, Flippa, and NameBio to understand market trends and pricing benchmarks.
  2. Evaluate Domain Metrics: Consider factors such as domain length, keyword relevance, extension (.com, .net, .org), search volume, and backlink profile to gauge its potential value and market demand.
  3. Assess Branding Potential: Evaluate the domain's branding potential, including its memorability, pronounceability, and relevance to target audiences or industries.
  4. Check for Trademarks: Verify if the domain infringes on any existing trademarks to avoid legal issues and assess its long-term potential.
  5. Consult Professionals: If you have the means seek advice from domain valuation experts.
By combining the above, you can make more informed decisions when analyzing the value of a domain before buying it.

•••
Try our appraisal tool https://www.namemaxi.com/suggestion?searchQuery=investable.com&origin=appraise

We try to give you data to determine if you should register or buy a name and how to price it to sell sale.

Read in detail

1) Other TLDs of your Exact Match Domain. You should look for a) Most TLDs are registered b) Other TLDs are listed for high price

2) Valuations from Humbleworth, Estibot, GoDaddy, Squadhelp. Use these services and you will get a better sense of what are universally better domains. Do note that each valuation service is still subjective so take a portfolio approach and benchmark all names instead.

3) Some words are just more valuable than others in the domain market. For example, digital, auto, smart are top selling keywords. You can see the number of sales to gauge STR and also Average Sale price to gauge how much they sell for. Click through to NameBio for details.

4) Compare what's available to buyers on the market. Buyers can choose from names to register or other similar names to buy. Get a sense of how to price the name to market price. You can even use the suggestion to register other high valuable names.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back