Dynadot

question How are you selling names - Platform?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Just curious and always looking for ideas:

ebay?
Here (NamePros)?
From the name itself?
Bodius?

What is working best for you?
Some of my best sales have been reaching out to brokers to buy my name and letting them sell it higher. I still make a great profit :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My secret....... Do not sell anywhere then post them and take them down you get offers a plenty but the more you tell someone no the more they want it ;) (Reverse Psycology). Works best if you are willing to wait a few years before finally listing them to pass them them off. Combine that with your strategy, your broker will probably tell you to list them everywhere at the same price or plus commission fees. yeah you'll take a hit but it works. As a rule having lander on the actual domain increases sales and that is hard to do on some of the big name sites... As always it does depend on the market and the names. I think the recent price drop will sort out soon. It also doesn't hurt to change the whois records from to time also, (a trick one of the big boys shared years back with me).

•••
I put mine on afternic and sedo, and then put it on the sedomls but still never any offers, its just a numbers game though as i dont own hundreds of domains, i only have around 100 names

I do reach out to possible end users but ive not been successful doing that

•••
I put mine on afternic and sedo, and then put it on the sedomls but still never any offers, its just a numbers game though as i dont own hundreds of domains, i only have around 100 names

I do reach out to possible end users but ive not been successful doing that

I have not had much success with end users either. I have used every tool I can find to mine data but I receive no emails back or a flat "No".

•••
I have even tried very crafty things like emailing all the end users with my link to my sedo page saying that im accepting offers hoping that someone makes an offer, and then push it to auction. I know its a little naughty, but anyway nobody has made offers either.

Also on facebook i have joined every domain selling group i can find and posted on there, but also nobody interested on there either

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back