Domain Empire

How are 5-number .com domains doing?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Are they all bought out? What's the current value of one with / without 4? Should I hold on to 20932.com, or sell it?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
heard they are all sold out because somebody on this forum bought the last ones, hehe.

Well I run a little search with the search_short_domains tool to probe and found nothing - stopped now. Think statistically chances are max. 20 domains available, but practically maybe really all taken.

All the really cool like 37777.com are taken but the tool says that soon at least one will expire - mayby a chance for me to get one such :)

but what do people use something like 54209.com indeed for?

PS. 999-0.com is free. Good?

Last edited:
•••
mindless and nonsense herd instinct for most NNNNN names with few exceptions (imo), just like most LLLL domains. Many number combinations are basically useless. So are many letter combinations.

I would rather invest in pronounceable brandable LLLLL.coms which can be used by real endusers (start-ups, etc.) instead of these.

As a side note: meanwhile even low quality LLLL.coms a la QWZY drop and are sometimes available at closeouts or dropcatch for very low xx.

These are all the so called "incest market" amoung domainers which is in my opinion without prospects and will totally collapse sooner or later.
Higher quality CVCV, VCVC, etc. names of course will keep their value and maybe even increase in value. Also some nice NNNNN names belong to this group. But most don't. Quality is the key.

Just my opinion based on my own observations and experience of course.
Others might disagree.

As for NNNNN domains: i can find available ones daily. Usually they are available for few hours up to 1 day after drop before someone takes them.

•••
@GiftedDomains

I agree about the sense. Until its not 11111.com or so I cant see real value. Maybe for some SMS premium numbers or cheap call numbers, but are there so much? Other countries would also prefer their cctld.

•••
Other uses could be around real estate address (5209 main st, anytown USA). Where the market would probably in the $x-xx market unless it is high end community then low $xxx with an intelligent real estate agent (there are not many, but some get it). And other model number uses for high end products.

•••
The main value for NNNNN.com domains is for Zip Codes like 90210.com etc.

•••
The main value for NNNNN.com domains is for Zip Codes like 90210.com etc.

Exactly. City Directories, Real Estate markets, etc.

A few xxx - xxxx sales last month
Check Namebio.

Peace,
Cy

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back