Dynadot

How About Sedo Now?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Is anyone earning more from Sedo now that they seem to have an improved landing page?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I haven't seen a change in earnings, but it's early yet.

•••
Is anyone earning more from Sedo now that they seem to have an improved landing page?

I've heard that sedo days are over

•••
•••
This month has been a terrible one for my domains parked at Sedo. Clicks are way down for me. It's not even worth my time to log in on a regular basis and check what my parked names have made.

•••
This month has been a terrible one for my domains parked at Sedo. Clicks are way down for me. It's not even worth my time to log in on a regular basis and check what my parked names have made.

Do you have domains parked other places? If yes, how are they performing this month in comparison?

•••
The large majority of my undeveloped names are parked at Sedo. I have another chunk of names at smartname that have also been doing poorly over the past few months, especially compared to smartname last year. I have a handful at parked.com which do better than the others, but, I haven't tried enough names there to make a proper comparison.

•••
I've recently moved all of my parked domains to another provider. I was a reasonably happy Sedo customer for five years but their recent shift to estimates and then cutting revenue on 50% of my clicks to $0.00 was the final straw.

•••
I've recently moved all of my parked domains to another provider. I was a reasonably happy Sedo customer for five years but their recent shift to estimates and then cutting revenue on 50% of my clicks to $0.00 was the final straw.

May be after a while you would like to tell us how your domains are performing with this new provider?

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

The large majority of my undeveloped names are parked at Sedo. I have another chunk of names at smartname that have also been doing poorly over the past few months, especially compared to smartname last year. I have a handful at parked.com which do better than the others, but, I haven't tried enough names there to make a proper comparison.

Why not move them elsewhere in that case, I am sure that you know that you can still sell them through Sedo.

•••
Why not move them elsewhere in that case, I am sure that you know that you can still sell them through Sedo.

I just don't think it's worth the hassle of going through and manually changing all of the nameservers.

Also, to get the discounted commission fees on fixed price sales, the names also have to be parked at Sedo.

•••
To be honest, I haven't paid much attention to Sedo recently. Selling through them has been much more successful for me than has parking my domains.

•••
I moved all my parking from Sedo to another recently. I submitted a bunch of dotCO domains to their "premium" auction recently...all one word dictionary domains and they all got rejected. I'm not part of the Sedo in crowd. But they accept names like garcon.co and peliculas.co. They don't do anything as a company except take a huge percentage of sales and don't add any service other than listing the domain. And parking with them is beyond a joke now. Of course this can be said of most parking companies nowadays. I've left Sedo and feel good about it.

•••
I moved all my parking from Sedo to another recently. I submitted a bunch of dotCO domains to their "premium" auction recently...all one word dictionary domains and they all got rejected. I'm not part of the Sedo in crowd. But they accept names like garcon.co and peliculas.co. They don't do anything as a company except take a huge percentage of sales and don't add any service other than listing the domain. And parking with them is beyond a joke now. Of course this can be said of most parking companies nowadays.

I've left Sedo and feel good about it.

If you want to even feel better why not send them a copy of this post so at least they will be aware of how bad you think they are and they may do something about it, HOPEFULLY.

•••
If you want to even feel better why not send them a copy of this post so at least they will be aware of how bad you think they are and they may do something about it, HOPEFULLY.

Trust me, Sedo doesn't care. Been with them many years and I speak from personal experience. Don't get me wrong though, they are probably the best on payments especially going bank direct (no paypal or check required). I've never had a problem with them in that regard. But they turn a blind eye to certain things that hurt the integrity of their marketplace like shill bidding, etc. But then they turn around and tell you a domain can't be listed over $10K because it hurts the integrity of the marketplace. And then the further this by allowing super long, hyphenated, nonsensical names to be listed in the millions (I'm sure we've all seen these roll through their feeds). They speak from both sides of the mouth. Don't dislike them really, just sick of the games they play. I'm sure many others are very satisfied with them.

•••
Sk8BY.jpg

•••
You've been at it again! Keep on wrecking :)

•••
Sedo

Parking $$ sucks like most places. Next year when I have a little more time, going to pick a few domains getting the most traffic and make my own parking pages or parking pages + and utilize my Homestead account. Back in the day, didn't know how to make pages and used Homestead. Only have it open because I have 1 site sill doing great but I have unlimited this and that, so will use it for parking type pages. Cut out the middleman like most people should.

Buying and selling have been good for me and they pay quick. They do that right.

Don't like they have caps $10,000 on how much you can set your domain for. That's stupid and probably costing them money.

With Sedo picking domains for auctions, I think they pretty much suck at that as well. With what they have to choose from, they should be picking nothing but winners or an extremely high percentage. Some of the stuff I see get in vs. what doesn't is mind boggling sometimes.

There's lots of room for improvement.

•••
Don't like they have caps $10,000 on how much you can set your domain for. That's stupid and probably costing them money.
I've seen domains badly underselling because you have to be certified in order to bid over 10K :|

•••
I've seen domains badly underselling because you have to be certified in order to bid over 10K :|

Yeah, I mean they're always pushing Buy Now and people should be able to price their domains for whatever they want, let the market decide kind of deal. I don't want to have to buy an appraisal or hope their Price Suggestion tool values a domain for more than that. Even GoDaddy has the amount at $50,000 before you need to do something like that. I think the money they would make by opening that up, probably will lend itself to more/higher Buy Now sales and the commission they make from that would probably be more that any money they make from appraisals.

•••
IMHO, Sedo is a parasite, profiting from your property. A real estate broker takes maximum 6% commission, remember that.

Help change the way Sedo and other parking companies treat you and I (the domain owners) by temporarily giving up on the parking scheme (which sucks in this economy anyway) and holding only the best of your domains until the current major players (like Sedo) are forced to provide domain owners better returns. You continue to park your domains at Sedo and they have nothing to lose by keeping the status quo.

Play hardball. They certainly are.

Last edited:
•••
Many sales are in the $$$ range, some are even lower and 6% is peanuts when you're dealing in low amounts.

The margins are high enough in domaining to leave something on the table imo.

•••
I moved all my parking from Sedo to another recently. I submitted a bunch of dotCO domains to their "premium" auction recently...all one word dictionary domains and they all got rejected. I'm not part of the Sedo in crowd. But they accept names like garcon.co and peliculas.co. They don't do anything as a company except take a huge percentage of sales and don't add any service other than listing the domain. And parking with them is beyond a joke now. Of course this can be said of most parking companies nowadays. I've left Sedo and feel good about it.

Peliculas.co means, "Movies" in Spanish,it's one of the top names you can have in .co extension.

•••
Peliculas.co means, "Movies" in Spanish,it's one of the top names you can have in .co extension.

Oh. Well, that's not a good example then. Thanks for pointing that out. But I think you know what I mean.

•••
I was considering putting some of my names back with Sedo in the hope tht they had improved but I see they are just as bad as ever, so I will continue to avoid. I also had a similar experience with the .co auction - one word names for products people actually buy being rejected because of poor quality. So you wonder what gems they actually put up for auction and then see thatt a lot of them are absolute rubbish. Makes you wonder what their game is.

•••
To be honest.I am not interested Sedo now.Voodoo is good.I was moved half domain into Voodoo.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back