IT.COM

discuss How about.CA domains?

NameSilo
Watch

domainnews

domaining story-tellerTop Member
Impact
Hey ,guys what do you think of .CA domains ?I wanna reg a .CA domain , but seems that the registry required personal info,right?anyone can help me ?

much appreciate it

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Another option is to lease it from a Canadian...not sure if OP plans on developing site.
but i dont know why do a Chinese domainer has a.CA domain and he put it up on sedo for sale for 2 years ,how come?

•••
•••
If your trying to game .ca from China don’t waste your money, if they take your names away you will be left with nothing.

This CDN personal ID sounds very fishy, I would recommend you avoid such a scenario.
I got it ,The registry once cancelled my domain without refund when i use my Chinese name,so i wanna use someone's ID who comes from Canada? in the past few years,registry in China said only Chinese people can reg .CN domain and needed to provide personal ID ,but seems lots foreigners still owned the .CN domains when i checked at that time.

•••
If your trying to game .ca from China don’t waste your money, if they take your names away you will be left with nothing.

This CDN personal ID sounds very fishy, I would recommend you avoid such a scenario.
Yes,i got it ,the registry once cancelled my domain without refund when i use my personal info,but i dont know why so many foreigners still own .CN domains although the registry once said only Chinese people or related business companies can own,aslo needed to provided personal ID,how come?

•••
Yes,i got it ,the registry once cancelled my domain without refund when i use my personal info,but i dont know why so many foreigners still own .CN domains although the registry once said only Chinese people or related business companies can own,aslo needed to provided personal ID,how come?
Many Chinese are foreign nationals, and have business interests, or dual citizenship. Without knows the full bio, it is impossible to tell, until they ask you to verify.

•••
Many Chinese are foreign nationals, and have business interests, or dual citizenship. Without knows the full bio, it is impossible to tell, until they ask you to verify.
yeah,someone must provide personal ID when someone reg.CN as for now,otherwise their domains will be put in suspend until they provide personal ID,howere,they can still renew their names

•••
yeah,someone must provide personal ID when someone reg.CN as for now,otherwise their domains will be put in suspend until they provide personal ID,howere,they can still renew their names
Yes, .ca registry probably put the register on notice when they saw an abnormally high amount of registrations coming from that company.

•••
Yes, .ca registry probably put the register on notice when they saw an abnormally high amount of registrations coming from that company.
Yea,once only european citizens can reg .EU domain,but i still own lots of EU.domains

•••
Why don't you just enter a partnership with a Canadian you trust?

They would obviously still need to own and control the domain .. but if you paid for it and offered a percentage when you sell it then it could be a win-win situation for you both.

•••
Why don't you just enter a partnership with a Canadian you trust?

They would obviously still need to own and control the domain .. but if you paid for it and offered a percentage when you sell it then it could be a win-win situation for you both.
Good idea,but the problem is that i wanna wholelly control the domain because it means great matter to me!

•••
Good idea,but the problem is that i wanna wholelly control the domain because it means great matter to me!

Do you know any Chinese people with an active business in Canada - if so, just become a minority owner and use that address. I don't think legally it would be a problem, as you would then be part of a Canadian business.

•••
Do you know any Chinese people with an active business in Canada - if so, just become a minority owner and use that address. I don't think legally it would be a problem, as you would then be part of a Canadian business.

maybe ,it doesnot work,because registry reguires personal ID to verify it

•••
maybe ,it doesnot work,because registry reguires personal ID to verify it

A lot of Chinese nationals use that technique to prove they have a "Canadian presence" for far more lucrative angles than buying a few domains, so I am quite surprised that the CIRA forbids it.

•••
A lot of Chinese nationals use that technique to prove they have a "Canadian presence" for far more lucrative angles than buying a few domains, so I am quite surprised that the CIRA forbids it.
Yea,I also saw someone from China but they still own.CA domains ,i dont know how could they do it?

•••
Move to Canada. Then you can buy all the .ca’s you want. :)

•••
•••
Move to Canada. Then you can buy all the .ca’s you want. :)

Yeah, and bring your snow shovels and snow blowers - the winters here are getting to be like Greenland, and only seem to get worse in anticipation of our next Ice Age.

I loved when they called it "Global Warming" until we nearly laughed to death - now it's "Climate Change".

•••
Yeah, and bring your snow shovels and snow blowers - the winters here are getting to be like Greenland, and only seem to get worse in anticipation of our next Ice Age.

I loved when they called it "Global Warming" until we nearly laughed to death - now it's "Climate Change".
interesting!

•••
I got it ,The registry once cancelled my domain without refund when i use my Chinese name,so i wanna use someone's ID who comes from Canada?.
use someone's ID who comes from Canada? That is fraud!

If domain is so important to you, find a Canadian to buy it for you and make a deal to lease it from him/her. The domain is kept in his/her account, redirected it to wherever you want. As long as you make payments, the domain is basically yours

Only way that I can think of, for you to get a .ca and still pass the requirements

•••
4{J[KL6($KHS95%4GLGJN)F
C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Tencent\Users\982252880\QQ\WinTemp\RichOle\4{J[KL6($KHS95%4GLGJN)F.png

•••
use someone's ID who comes from Canada? That is fraud!

If domain is so important to you, find a Canadian to buy it for you and make a deal to lease it from him/her. The domain is kept in his/her account, redirected it to wherever you want. As long as you make payments, the domain is basically yours

Only way that I can think of, for you to get a .ca and still pass the requirements
I see,but i will put it up on sedo.com for auction after it was completely register successfully,how to lease?

•••
🚩

I recommend you to forget the TLD .ca (at least as long as you are not a Canadian citizen) and to stay satisfied with the fact that the TLD .cn starts also with a cccc :ROFL:
The TLD .cn has anyway way more potential customers (buyers / endusers) than the TLD .ca (CA ~ 35 m people / CN ~ 1.3 b people).

Last edited:
•••
I see,but i will put it up on sedo.com for auction after it was completely register successfully,how to lease?
NO,NO,NO ,to try find some ways to slove the problems i met!

•••
in canada we cannot register every name.some names are restricted and cannot be bought.you may be thinking about a word that even we can't.buy.

•••
🚩

I recommend you to forget the TLD .ca (at least as long as you are not a Canadian citizen) and to stay satisfied with the fact that the TLD .cn starts also with a cccc :ROFL:
The TLD .cn has anyway way more potential customers (buyers / endusers) than the TLD .ca (CA ~ 35 m people / CN ~ 1.3 b people).
sounds good,thanks for your advice!:xf.sick:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back