Domain Empire

discuss How about.CA domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

domainnews

domaining story-tellerTop Member
Impact
Hey ,guys what do you think of .CA domains ?I wanna reg a .CA domain , but seems that the registry required personal info,right?anyone can help me ?

much appreciate it

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
Why don't u just buy a few quality .coms, it seems u have the budget to do so after spending $5k on mine.network

•••
.ca's are for Canadians and Canadian businesses, hence the required info

•••
.ca's are for Canadians and Canadian businesses, hence the required info
yeah,i got it ,you mean i could own a .CA domain if i have personal ID,right?

•••
Why don't u just buy a few quality .coms, it seems u have the budget to do so after spending $5k on mine.network
yeah,but i care for this.CA domain so much ,if i have a Canadian personal ID then i could own.CA domain ,right?thanks!

•••
yeah,but i care for this.CA domain so much ,if i have a Canadian personal ID then i could own.CA domain ,right?thanks!
Not sure, I would ask the registrar or consult with @MapleDots or someone else who is in the .ca market

•••
•••
you have to be a Canadian citizen or a business operating in Canada

•••
you have to be a Canadian citizen or a business operating in Canada
Thanks!
If im not a Canadian citizen,but someone helps me to provide the required Personal info,then i could own a .CA domain?

•••
that is against the rules and if found out the domain would be cancelled even if it is sold or developed

•••
•••
.ca has strict rules - you need to be Canadian or own a Canadian business.

if you are neither than you can't

•••
As others have said .ca are restricted to ownership by those with a Canadian presence. For the most part that means Canadian residency for individuals, or a business or organization registered in Canada. If you don't meet these you should not be considering ways to register .ca domains.

While some would prefer a more open registration, I think there are good reasons for this. Canada has tough anti spam and do not call legislation. By restricting the domain registrations to those subject to the laws of Canada it helps keep the reputation of the extension strong. Ca has an abuse reputation among the best of all extensions (many, by no means all other country codes are good too).

The second reason is that when you own a .ca you also have the right to take part in decisions about the extension through CIRA. Everyone who owns a .ca can join CIRA free, run for office, vote for the board, attend events, etc. It is an extension essentially owned and controlled by those who use it, rather different from the companies and governments that control most extensions.

There are about a thousand available extensions. If you don't have a legitimate Canadian presence please don't try to circumvent rules.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
As others have said .ca are restricted to ownership by those with a Canadian presence. For the most part that means Canadian residency for individuals, or a business or organization registered in Canada. If you don't meet these you should not be considering ways to register .ca domains.

While some would prefer a more open registration, I think there are good reasons for this. Canada has tough anti spam and do not call legislation. By restricting the domain registrations to those subject to the laws of Canada it helps keep the reputation of the extension strong. Ca has an abuse reputation among the best of all extensions (many, by no means all other country codes are good too).

The second reason is that when you own a .ca you also have the right to take part in decisions about the extension through CIRA. Everyone who owns a .ca can join CIRA free, run for office, vote for the board, attend events, etc. It is an extension essentially owned and controlled by those who use it, rather different from the companies and governments that control most extensions.

There are about a thousand available extensions. If you don't have a legitimate Canadian presence please don't try to circumvent rules.

Bob
Thanks very much ,Bob!

•••

THANKS VERY MUCH!

•••

Bob
Bob,iI wonder if i could use others ID who come from Canada if i reg .ca domain?
thanks!

•••
Bob,iI wonder if i could use others ID who come from Canada if i reg .ca domain?
thanks!

No. Don't try to circumvent rules. If you do not have a legitimate Canadian presence do not try to register a .ca. Just stop.

•••
No. Don't try to circumvent rules. If you do not have a legitimate Canadian presence do not try to register a .ca. Just stop.
I got it,but i care for this name so...so...much!:xf.cry: any other ways?

•••
•••

Another option is to lease it from a Canadian...not sure if OP plans on developing site.

•••
•••
If your trying to game .ca from China don’t waste your money, if they take your names away you will be left with nothing.

This CDN personal ID sounds very fishy, I would recommend you avoid such a scenario.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back