NameSilo

How about a NamePros Blog?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hey Guys,

As few of you might know, I'm doing some research with blogs. And Been visiting many Webmaster Blogs, like Domaining.Com, JohnCow.com etc..

Suddenly the Idea Struck me, Why not NP have a blog of its own? It'll be great, and members can socialize more in there =)

Just what I felt. Maybe there's a blog for NP, already, I dunno.

Lemme know.

Thanks
Krish

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think a np blog would be an awesome idea. Definately add a bit to the traffic. As well.

•••
Aren't we already blogging? :blink:

Perhaps as an add-on area here to a member's Public Profile area ... :gl: :talk:

-Jeff B-)

•••
A blog written by who(m)?

•••
RegFee said:
A blog written by who(m)?

For instance, any member could update their own dedicated BLOG ... within their own #1 Namepros Public Profile™ area/space, IMHO. I would then suggest that folk's register their own "Blog" personal or business domains ... and point them to this new personal blog area! :talk:

Sound like something of interest, with some tweaks ... generally speaking? :gl:
-Jeff B-)

•••
http://www.vbulletin.com/features_blog.php

I remember not being too thrilled about it when a certain non-#1-Namepros forum added that system, but who knows, maybe our stronger community bond will make it more interesting.

•••
IMO, It will actually make the forum a more interactive place, and blogging, as you all know, helps people to socialize better and moreover learn better. =) I'm sure something like that can be done.
@RegFee, I'm sure there are ProBloggers in NP, who will be able to contribute to the Blog content. Anyone who is in the Industry for quite sometime can help with this. Members can contribute aswell, and the "Chief-Editor" will choose the best off the lot and post it on the blog.

Who all go with me?

•••
Krish said:
and the "Chief-Editor" will choose the best off the lot and post it on the blog.

Unless said Chief-Editor is Jeff, and my post is about a prediction of dotMobi success. heheh

•••
Seems like, there ain't a staff looking at this thread.

Anyways, Let's hope for the best.

•••
RegFee said:
Unless said Chief-Editor is Jeff, and my post is about a prediction of dotMobi success. heheh

:lol:

The failed "dot Mobey" .MOBI aside, I'm thinking of applying for the position of #1 Namepros Editor-in-Chief™, IMHO. :gl:

Krish said:
Seems like, there ain't a staff looking at this thread.

I'm sure Staff™ is following this thread, please continue with your kind thoughts and inputs! :talk:

See you soon.
-Jeff B-)

Last edited:
•••
Haha Jeff. That's nice. You are encouraging.. Now, I just need to know, How we can move about this issue? Can we have a NP blog? I could write in it aswell.

Whoever is the deciding authority, can take a decision?

•••
Krish said:
Haha Jeff. That's nice. You are encouraging.. Now, I just need to know, How we can move about this issue? Can we have a NP blog? I could write in it aswell.

Do you have your own blog, already? :blink:

Whoever is the deciding authority, can take a decision?

Jeff said:
I'm sure Staff™ is following this thread, please continue with your kind thoughts and inputs! :talk:

See you soon.
-Jeff B-)

•••
Jeff said:
I'm sure Staff™ is following this thread, please continue with your kind thoughts and inputs!
Indeed. We're following all suggestions, ideas, input and critiquing threads with great interest. Sometimes, we can't comment, especially when it pertains to developments, changes and/or additions.

All i can say at this time is that NP (RJ & his entire team) never rests. While this is not indicative for any changes to come, it does get to say that we are following your input.

All that for going politically into "fluff land" and really not saying anything of substance, eh?! ;)

M.

•••
Another forum I post in has a feature where members can post in their own personal blogs. The link to it is in the mini profile and there is access to it from the main profile page.

Other than that, maybe there could be a main NP blog where the staff can post about different things in NamePros and domaining in general, and there can also be a feed to NP members' personal blogs. Maybe you could have different feeds set up (most recent, most popular this week, etc).

•••
That 'member blogs' thing is a feature of the latest version of vB. Unfortunately it wouldn't work on the version NP runs on (3.0.x I think). It would require a major upgrade, which has already been rules out numerous times.

something like WordPressMU on a sub-domain would work though!

•••
great ideas hopefully someone will come up with a system that works

•••
It's been quite some time since I came online. Seems like there isn't much of an improvement in this topic.

•••
I like the idea of having a main NP blog where it is updating with perhaps 5 "hot topics" of the week, as well as some original thought provoking material written by the members here.

I would definitely be a regular reader.

•••
RickM said:
That 'member blogs' thing is a feature of the latest version of vB. Unfortunately it wouldn't work on the version NP runs on (3.0.x I think). It would require a major upgrade, which has already been rules out numerous times.

something like WordPressMU on a sub-domain would work though!

D-: We are in the middle of this major upgrade as you speak :o The upgrade is schedule to completed my the last day of April. Sooooo May 1st should be a whole new look for NP.

http://www.namepros.com/namepros-in...namepros-forum-upgrade.html?highlight=upgrade

Following the upgrade, we will be going through the ideas from members and then deciding which ones we would like to implement. So keep the conversation going, we are interested in hearing the pros and cons of this idea. :)

•••
Can't wait to see the upgrade in action :)

I think a NP blog would be a great idea :hearts:

NPQueen said:
D-: We are in the middle of this major upgrade as you speak :o The upgrade is schedule to completed my the last day of April. Sooooo May 1st should be a whole new look for NP.

http://www.namepros.com/namepros-in...namepros-forum-upgrade.html?highlight=upgrade

Following the upgrade, we will be going through the ideas from members and then deciding which ones we would like to implement. So keep the conversation going, we are interested in hearing the pros and cons of this idea. :)

•••
I'm back online, after a long time, yet again. And am kinda sure of staying on! :)

So, What's the progress? There seem to be a lot of changes at NP, even in the interface, since the last time I logged on.

What exactly has been happening? Has NP got a blog yet?

Lemme know. :)

•••
We do not have a blog yet, we are now discussing what other things we should add to NP. I am going to bring this idea for discussion as our next NP Team meeting.

•••
What exactly would you want to see on a NamePros blog?

•••
What exactly would you want to see on a NamePros blog?

What would really be helpful to me is just someone pointing out the especially popular, useful or lively threads. Not auctions, because that would be unfair, but threads that many of us might benefit from. It's easy to miss some great threads if they are not in areas you usually visit.

A blog suggestion might help us discover stuff in NP we would otherwise miss.

•••
@RJ, We would probably like to see some topics that actually would help new Webmasters develop. Something like tutorials or tips on SEO etc.

This way, members get benefited.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back