Dynadot

Hosting from domain registrars

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

moonlight77

Account Closed
Impact
Does anyone know any good hosting packages from domain registrars?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
SiberName.com provides nice Linux and Windows shared web hosting package plans. Their plans include nice networking features that make your business easier to run.

•••
Most of web masters do separate web hosting and domain names. And they go for the one company for hosting and to other for domain names and that is true...

•••
~ServerPoint~ said:
Most of web masters do separate web hosting and domain names. And they go for the one company for hosting and to other for domain names and that is true...

Care to give any examples here?

I've also noticed one tendency: webhosting providers who extend their servcies and provide hosting as well usually reasonably limit themselves to shared/reseller deals, this is the case with Sibername.com and Godaddy.com.

•••
Agree about reasonability of using separate companies for domain registering and hosting. The registering domain from a hosting provider may cause problems if you would change your host someday.

Surely, some companies, like MarbleHost.com, claim they will give you DN for free and for life if you choose them as the provider, and this name will be 100% yours. However, I suppose 'free' is very relative in business...

As for recommendations->Nice plans for hosting are provided by Ahosting.biz, which is also being an ICANN- accredited domain registrar. The pricing both for hosting and domains are quite low but service quality is high, according to the reviews and feedbacks about this company...

I suppose looking up will not damage anyone...

Last edited:
•••
If I were you, I would look at another hosting company besides domain registers. Like look at some companys who provide web hosting only, as you will find they are much more well equipped for problems (have better customer support - sometimes) and generally lots of uptime :D

•••
I highly discourage registering a domain and purchasing hosting from the same company.

I personally would go to a company that focuses on hosting. Such as globat or hostgator

•••
Visit my web hosting company in my signature.... It's unique, reliable but insanely cheap

•••
MutoGen said:
Surely, some companies, like MarbleHost.com, claim they will give you DN for free and for life if you choose them as the provider, and this name will be 100% yours. However, I suppose 'free' is very relative in business...

Hm, Interesting offer comes from MarbleHost.com... I would like to learn more. It seems to be very saving, to have free and lifetime DN.. I wonder is it 100% user property, if that is possible in such conditions....

•••
Don't host from domain registrars. It's just asking for trouble.

•••
novelty said:
Hm, Interesting offer comes from MarbleHost.com... I would like to learn more. It seems to be very saving, to have free and lifetime DN.. I wonder is it 100% user property, if that is possible in such conditions....

I have got to know something about their plans.

MarbleHost.com will renew your domain every year until you host your site with them. As soon as you go away to another host they stop renewal, but the domain remains at your property.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back