Domain Empire

Holo vs VR vs MR vs AR vs any other reality (All realities)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VRdommy

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Lots of MR and XR mentions at Vision Summit yesterday (y)

Be careful putting XR into twitter though, just did and got a feed of some very x-r#ted content :xf.eek:

Make sue you use the #XR search for safer results lol.

I suspect xr might become the generic name for x-rated virtual content....and x-rated virtual content only.

Last edited:
•••
I suspect xr might become the generic name for x-rated virtual content....and x-rated virtual content only.

So you better go for some xr adult names you smut king lol

•••
•••
•••
https://www.vrfocus.com/2017/05/the...engine-to-create-mixed-reality-tv-and-gaming/

The Future Group Utilises Epic Games’ Unreal Engine To Create Mixed Reality TV And Gaming

How mixed reality is transforming the TV game show

The quaint TV game show is becoming more exciting, and it has nothing to do with goofy stunts or reality hijinks.

Thanks to mixed reality, contestants in a game show can now steer down rapids in a hollow log while avoiding dinosaurs. That sounds just a little more exciting than spinning a wheel and buying vowels. This is happening now in the Norwegian game show Lost in Time, which launched last month. And people watching at home can play against those in the studio with a mobile app.

Ellyn Lyse Einarsen of the Future Group dived into interactive mixed reality today at the GamesBeat Summit in Berkley, California. The Future Group made the technology that makes Lost in Time possible.

A woman surrounded by green screens could actually be in castle maze or shooting runaway mine carts with a cannon. And these aren’t actors … they’re contestants. Sometimes, they are just interacting with props and not seeing any of the virtual world. In others, they can see parts of the virtual world. In the example with the mine carts, the contestant is firing at them by looking inside a cannon-like device.

Read more: https://venturebeat.com/2017/05/01/how-mixed-reality-is-transforming-the-tv-game-show/

•••
•••
Immersive .Events

Immersive Tech Brings VR to Live Events

Voke VR, a virtual reality (VR) company founded by two former Washington State University (WSU) professors, is working to build Intel-backed immersive tech for live events.

Launched by professors Jay and Uma Jayaram in 2004 and acquired by Intel Capital In November 2016, Voke VR allows viewers to experience live events like football games, concerts, fashion shows and more. At the core of the platform is Voke’s TrueVR product, which delivers full stereoscopic 3D video that is integrated with augmented content in a 360-degree VR environment. It uses multiple camera angles with zoom capabilities and synchronized DVR, so that viewers can control what they want to watch. Additionally, with TrueVR, content is captured, encoded, synced with scores, metadata and audio and delivered in real time to multiple platforms.

Read more: https://campustechnology.com/articles/2017/04/18/immersive-tech-brings-vr-to-live-events.aspx

•••
Whatz happening at Holo world? Any progress guys

Microsoft changed the name of their Holographic operating system to 'Windows Mixed Reality', spelling the deathknell of Holo domains according to most people here, myself included. I know it's easy with the benefit of hindsight, but you would have been better off investing in MR names.

There has been a lot of progress towards 'real' holograms, including plans to put the first holographic TV on sale by 2020, but I doubt that gives any value to holo names. These kind of holograms will likely be shortened to HG rather than Holo.

Most people here are dropping their Holo names, even quite decent names. NamePov is the only guy who has managed to make a couple of good Holo sales, and I'm sure he'd be the first to advise you to drop most of your Holo names.

It's true that VR startups, products, websites are branding themselves as holo on a weekly basis, the latest being the new Acer Holo360 (vr cam). That's a trend that is likely to end soon I would assume and certainly very unlikely to continue for the oncoming rush of thousands of mixed reality products, companies, websites about to explode on to the market, as holo is not such a good match for MR as it is for VR.

•••
Least you now have a good excuse when busted watching P@rn you can say i was searching for the other xr for research purposes
Well, nobody round to bust be. (I make my own in private). Single without Kids !
It's the only way to fly. I do miss having a nag around to keep me in line once in a while.
But I quickly shake those feeling off like a Cold Shower.

---
Just a note on timing.
From a marketing POV, the back-2-school time here in the US is a key target for game gadgets.
Even though the sales for it don't happen till the xmas season. You need everyone talking about your products by then. Youngsters make up there mind on what they want for xmas by mid Oct.
I think many announcement and product launches will be happening about that time for most of these VR/WMR gadgets that are priced right for the young gamer.
But it remains to be seen if enough content creators are out there to support names in the same time.
Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
•••
Microsoft changed the name of their Holographic operating system to 'Windows Mixed Reality', spelling the deathknell of Holo domains according to most people here, myself included. I know it's easy with the benefit of hindsight, but you would have been better off investing in MR names.

There has been a lot of progress towards 'real' holograms, including plans to put the first holographic TV on sale by 2020, but I doubt that gives any value to holo names. These kind of holograms will likely be shortened to HG rather than Holo.

Most people here are dropping their Holo names, even quite decent names. NamePov is the only guy who has managed to make a couple of good Holo sales, and I'm sure he'd be the first to advise you to drop most of your Holo names.

It's true that VR startups, products, websites are branding themselves as holo on a weekly basis, the latest being the new Acer Holo360 (vr cam). That's a trend that is likely to end soon I would assume and certainly very unlikely to continue for the oncoming rush of thousands of mixed reality products, companies, websites about to explode on to the market, as holo is not such a good match for MR as it is for VR.

giphy (4).gif

:ROFL:

•••

Just a FYI,...
I know quite a few dev's and venture capitalist and nobody is switching their intent.
The only thing that changed has been speculators attention and where the hype is concentrated.
And remember it's not Mixed Reality but Windows Mixed Reality. WMR.

•••
More AR gadgets
https://www.thedigitalcircuit.com/not-quite-vr-but-brothers-airscouter-is-ar-with-a-purpose/
I don't see these products being used much in consumer areas. But perhaps when they get smaller and faster/better. When you read those stats in AR development, there are more than a dozen company's like this with more than 20 like products that are being counted.
Devices like this are more suited in a Office environment and used as a tool.
And they must have useful software tools to make them of any value.
But for the price of them, if they are not saving/making you money, you are not a likely candidate for purchase.
AR in general, finds more value as a tool for enterprise, office and engineering.

•••
Full-BodyVR

Epic’s Tim Sweeney Thinks Full-Body VR Scanners Are Just Three Years Away

Epic CEO and video game legend Tim Sweeney was a guest at this year’s GamesBeat Summit where he kept up his pattern of speaking big when it comes to the future of virtual reality.

Sweeney has been a huge proponent of a more believable metaverse for some time now. A big part of that is apparently the introduction of more human-like avatars with more believable interactions in VR.

According to Sweeney, “What we need are inward and outward facing cameras that scan your body. That’s what’s missing. That technology has already been proven to work at a high-end commercial level costing tens of thousands of dollars. It’s probably as little as three years away.”

These cameras would operate like enhanced versions of more gimmicky video game devices like the Microsoft Kinect. Their use in VR would be to increase our ability to communicate non-verbally and recognize individual personalities, in addition to these sorts of social upgrades.

Read more: https://uploadvr.com/epics-tim-sweeney-thinks-full-body-vr-scanners-are-just-years-away/

•••
Full-BodyVR

Epic CEO and video game legend Tim Sweeney was a guest at this year’s GamesBeat Summit where he kept up his pattern of speaking big when it comes to the future of virtual reality.

Sweeney has been a huge proponent of a more believable metaverse for some time now. A big part of that is apparently the introduction of more human-like avatars with more believable interactions in VR.

According to Sweeney, “What we need are inward and outward facing cameras that scan your body. That’s what’s missing. That technology has already been proven to work at a high-end commercial level costing tens of thousands of dollars. It’s probably as little as three years away.”

These cameras would operate like enhanced versions of more gimmicky video game devices like the Microsoft Kinect. Their use in VR would be to increase our ability to communicate non-verbally and recognize individual personalities, in addition to these sorts of social upgrades.

Read more: https://uploadvr.com/epics-tim-sweeney-thinks-full-body-vr-scanners-are-just-years-away/

I'm ready for this.

VRFullBody.com

•••
•••
We are heading to a period when VR will be part of everyday life. All terms, VR, MR, Holo, AR, XR, etc, will be used. Look at what's happening now: VR photos, 3D photos, 360 photos, panoramic photos, all are common.

•••

That's really a shame because for me Holo is one of my strongest portfolios. The whole portfolio is age 10-15 years and was the first major investments I made while entering domains.

I have sold a couple for $2000 each so I have had sales, but whatever Microsoft might do it's name would always be Hololens and thus the more Holo would be in the market the more it will be used as brandable as it sounds cool.

If anyone is selling top end Holo names, I am a buyer for them for sure.

My present names are:

1. HoloBeam.com
  2. HoloImaging.com
  3. HoloCafe.com
  4. HoloComputer.com & HoloPuter.com
  5. HoloMonitor.com
  6. HoloViewer.com
  7. HoloCard.com
  8. HoloTechs.com
  9. HoloGamer.com
  10. HoloPlayers.com
  11. HoloTel.com
  12. HoloDisks.com
  13. HoloDrives.com
  14. HoloCD.com
  15. HoloPrinters.com
  16. HoloProcessor.com
  17. HoloRam.com
  18. HoloRom.com
  19. HoloReader.com
  20. HoloCorder.com
  21. HoloScanner.com
  22. HoloCopier.com
  23. HoloChips.com
  24. HoloControl.com
  25. HoloCubes.com
  26. HoloDancer.com
  27. HoloGenerator.com
  28. HoloMeter.com
  29. HoloPen.com
  30. HoloMedical.com
  31. HoloGen.com
  32. HoloVid.com
  33. HoloWoman.com
  34. HoloPhotography.com
  35. HoloTechnician.com
  36. HoloTomography.com
  37. HoloClocks.com
  38. HoloReader.com
  39. HoloAnimator.com
  40. HoloBoards.com
  41. HoloImplant.com
  42. HoloCells.com
  43. HoloCrystal.com & HoloCrystals.com
  44. HoloSphere.com & HoloSpheres.com
  45. HolographicAnimation.com
  46. HolographicBooks.com
  47. HolographicCamera.com
  48. HolographicCD.com
  49. HolographicCellphones.com
  50. HolographicClothing.com
  51. HolographicCube.com
  52. HolographicDisk.com
  53. HolographicDrive.com
  54. HolographicGaming.com
  55. HolographicInternet.com
  56. HolographicKeyboards.com
  57. HolographicMonitor.com
  58. HolographicNet.com
  59. HolographicNetworking.com
  60. HolographicPlayer.com
  61. HolographicPrinter.com
  62. HolographicSphere.com
  63. HolographicTelephone.com
  64. HolographicTelevisions.com
  65. HOptics.com
  66. MedicalHolography.com

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Holo domains have never been about Microsoft (even though the publicity helps), people were investing in these way before hololens came about and companies have been using the term way before Microsoft launched Hololens

Keep your good Holo names, but only if they are top names, its the same with every niche, if the name is average, it wont sell, whether VR, MR or HOLO. If you are sitting on 100s of HOLO names, get rid of them and keep your top 10-20 names, those are the ones that will sell. Don't get discouraged because 1 or 2 people on a forum say "Holo is dead", it doesnt work like that. I regged some of my holo names in 2009/2010 and the offers on them have gradually increased, especially over the last 18 months.

There will always be value in the decent ones and the value will increase in the next few years with companies launching holo products

What MS does with with or calls their hololens product will have no bearing on this...its about holograms, holographics etc...not Hololens

Thats my strategy anyway :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
That's really a shame because for me Holo is one of my strongest portfolios. The whole portfolio is age 10-15 years and was the first major investments I made while entering domains.

I have sold a couple for $2000 each so I have had sales, but whatever Microsoft might do it's name would always be Hololens and thus the more Holo would be in the market the more it will be used as brandable as it sounds cool.

My present names are:

1. HoloBeam.com
  2. HoloImaging.com
  3. HoloCafe.com
  5. HoloMonitor.com
  6. HoloViewer.com
  7. HoloCard.com
  8. HoloTechs.com
  9. HoloGamer.com
  10. HoloPlayers.com
  11. HoloTel.com
  12. HoloDisks.com
  13. HoloDrives.com
  14. HoloCD.com
  15. HoloPrinters.com
  16. HoloProcessor.com
  17. HoloRam.com
  18. HoloRom.com
  19. HoloReader.com
  20. HoloCorder.com
  21. HoloScanner.com
  22. HoloCopier.com
  23. HoloChips.com
  24. HoloControl.com
  25. HoloCubes.com
  26. HoloDancer.com
  27. HoloGenerator.com
  28. HoloMeter.com
  29. HoloPen.com
  30. HoloMedical.com
  31. HoloGen.com
  32. HoloVid.com
  33. HoloWoman.com
  34. HoloPhotography.com
  35. HoloTechnician.com
  36. HoloTomography.com
  37. HoloClocks.com
  38. HoloReader.com
  39. HoloAnimator.com
  40. HoloBoards.com
  41. HoloImplant.com
  42. HoloCells.com
  46. HolographicBooks.com
  48. HolographicCD.com
  51. HolographicCube.com
  52. HolographicDisk.com
  53. HolographicDrive.com
  58. HolographicNet.com
  65. HOptics.com
Great names and great collection mate

•••
Full-BodyVR

I have quite a few 'scan' names that I registered last year, including 'vrbodyscans.com' , 'avatarscans.com' etc I think this will be a huge thing in VR (and the others).

•••

My present names are:

1. HoloBeam.com
  2. HoloImaging.com
  3. HoloCafe.com
  5. HoloMonitor.com
  6. HoloViewer.com
  7. HoloCard.com
  8. HoloTechs.com
  9. HoloGamer.com
  10. HoloPlayers.com
  11. HoloTel.com
  12. HoloDisks.com
  13. HoloDrives.com
  14. HoloCD.com
  15. HoloPrinters.com
  16. HoloProcessor.com
  17. HoloRam.com
  18. HoloRom.com
  19. HoloReader.com
  20. HoloCorder.com
  21. HoloScanner.com
  22. HoloCopier.com
  23. HoloChips.com
  24. HoloControl.com
  25. HoloCubes.com
  26. HoloDancer.com
  27. HoloGenerator.com
  28. HoloMeter.com
  29. HoloPen.com
  30. HoloMedical.com
  31. HoloGen.com
  32. HoloVid.com
  33. HoloWoman.com
  34. HoloPhotography.com
  35. HoloTechnician.com
  36. HoloTomography.com
  37. HoloClocks.com
  38. HoloReader.com
  39. HoloAnimator.com
  40. HoloBoards.com
  41. HoloImplant.com
  42. HoloCells.com
  46. HolographicBooks.com
  48. HolographicCD.com
  51. HolographicCube.com
  52. HolographicDisk.com
  53. HolographicDrive.com
  58. HolographicNet.com
  65. HOptics.com

Some very good names there, some maybe borderline. I have to say though, that if I could go back in time 15 years and build a holo portfolio I really would be the Holo King now for sure :D But yeah, if you've been renewing those names for up to 15 years, it would be a waste to drop them now we are on the verge of the holoage.

•••
Some very good names there, some maybe borderline. I have to say though, that if I could go back in time 15 years and build a holo portfolio I really would be the Holo King now for sure :D But yeah, if you've been renewing those names for up to 15 years, it would be a waste to drop them now we are on the verge of the holoage.

I think he started Holo collecting last year.

Lots of his purchases were in the aftermarket.

But I agree some very nice names (y)

•••
•••
I think he started Holo collecting last year.

Lots of his purchases were in the aftermarket.

But I agree some very nice names (y)

Thanks for the feedback, I entered domaining only last year but I kind of came into domaining being extremely fond of Holograms so I ended up buying the ones I could from the open market.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back