Domain Empire

Holo vs VR vs MR vs AR vs any other reality (All realities)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VRdommy

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Truth or not, it all comes back to 3D TV’s, many people invested a lot of money in these TV’s and many companies invested a lot of money in this tech.

Would calling a camera a ‘3DCam360’ (for example) be more harmful marketing wise than just coming up with a name like ‘v360’ or ‘360o’? I believe it would, if people see ‘3D’ in a name it will trigger a negative memory of a failed tech people lost so much money in so it will effect sales as people will say “I’m not buying anything 3D again”, therefore I believe majority of companies won’t even go there with the ‘3D’ term.

Soon 3D will become the norm anyway, people won't even use 2D as technology and headsets progress, just like colour TV eventually became the norm from black and white TV, so if something’s the norm why would anyone brand with it?

If you believe a lot of companies may still use the 3D term (marketing wise) that's fair enough, I respectfully disagree for all I said above, a few might, but i can't see this happening on a large scale and with that is it investable (domain wise)? I guess we’ll see as time goes on, but as said it's not something I'd go near personally.

Some good points there and I agree with the 3D TV fiasco hurting attempts to market and brand '3D'. I think maybe that's one reason so many VR companies are going for Holo. However, people are and will search for 3D VR, probably for a good few years, so there are many entertainment sites, for example, that are going to make some $$$ by branding themselves as 3D, if not companies themselves.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?q="3d vr"

•••
Some good points there and I agree with the 3D TV fiasco hurting attempts to market and brand '3D'. I think maybe that's one reason so many VR companies are going for Holo. However, people are and will search for 3D VR, probably for a good few years, so there are many entertainment sites, for example, that are going to make some $$$ by branding themselves as 3D, if not companies themselves.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?q="3d vr"
Yes, and that brings up one other thing. What is valid in keywords today will not necessarily be what is 'NEEDED' 3-5 years from now. Plus we will see new terms develop as old ones pass in that distance.
They are not all going to be forever.
Keep that in mind with some names if your holding out for MAX ROI.
There is a optimum time to part ways with your names. Pass it up and loose.

•••
•••
Coincidentally this company just popped up on my Facebook feed... https://www.3d.run/

Walk free and endless in VR.
Cybershoes make it even possible to run in virtual reality.

•••
Coincidentally this company just popped up on my Facebook feed... https://www.3d.run/

Walk free and endless in VR.
Cybershoes make it even possible to run in virtual reality.

"Cybershoes makes it possible to dangle your feet in VR"

Honnestly, that looked pretty lame. Good for people that don't want to risk getting into shape though.

•••
"Cybershoes makes it possible to dangle your feet in VR"
Honnestly, that looked pretty lame. Good for people that don't want to risk getting into shape though.
That's funny ! And probably true !

I see so many add-on tech's for VR and there is a good chance many will flop. Some will flop with 1st gen and others will go on to a new and improved version of itself.

I noticed that the Vive was best suited for those add-on inputs last year. And they seem to be making partnerships and communicating with those on the software side of things as to needs.
Lots of room for the entrepreneur with this tech. We have not seen the tip of the iceberg yet.

Think of running on a treadmill or exercise bike and your scene changes with each step.
Or have your friend or girlfriend next to you when they are somewhere else doing the same.
That was my thinking... VRFitnessRoom(s) A VR social side of exercise.
That is one I might develop myself when the time comes and consumer ownership is more widespread..

•••
I know this hand reg of mine will excite one person more than myself...
XRSmartGlasses That gives me most all the smartglasses and smartgoggles except for ARsmartglasses and smartglasses owned by Rick Swartz and both are probably better than what I hold in the end game.
don't draw to many conclusions from that 1st XR, I always start the game with a hardware name or 2.
Pay attention if I buy more than 6 of them ...LOL...
Also picked off some other longer shots, perhaps not as long as the above ???
One of them:
VRKamz may work better in the Adult world. Made up words can be highly defendable TM's.

I only show these to show the what and how I'm thinking about names.
...LOL..I'm not bragging @NamePov, that comes when I sell them ...LOL...:xf.grin:

https://www.vrfocus.com/2017/04/intel-let-nabshow-attendees-try-out-immersive-movie-pods/
VRPods (2013) - MoviePODS (new HR)

Last edited:
•••
I know this hand reg of mine will excite one person more than myself...
XRSmartGlasses That give me most all the smartglasses and smartgoggles except for ARsmartglasses and smartglasses owned by Rick Swartz and both are probably better than what I hold in the end game.
don't draw to many conclusions from that 1st XR, I always start the game with a hardware name or 2.
Pay attention if I buy more than 6 of them ...LOL...
Also picked off some other longer shots, perhaps not as long as the above ???
One of them:
VRKamz may work better in the Adult world. Made up words can be highly defendable TM's.

I only show these to show the what and how I'm thinking about names.
...LOL..I'm not bragging @NamePov, that comes when I sell them ...LOL...:xf.grin:

https://www.vrfocus.com/2017/04/intel-let-nabshow-attendees-try-out-immersive-movie-pods/
VRPods (2013) - VRMoviePODS (new HR)
Wow i never thought i would see that day you own an xr lol

•••
Wow i never thought i would see that day you own an xr lol
Generally, everything I have said about it I have not changed my mind on.
But for this keyword smartglasses, I find it a chance I would like to take.
You are welcome to laugh at me latter if you see me with more than 6 of them ...LOL...

•••
Speaking about SmartGlasses, see Rick Schwartz has been posting on NamePros today.

Don’t think he posts on here often, so be good to hear some of his thoughts in this thread.

@Rick Schwartz

What are your views on the VR/AR/MR domain market? Have you been getting much interest for SmartGlasses dot com?

Last edited:
•••
Speaking about SmartGlasses, see Rick Schwartz has been posting NamePros today.

Don’t think he posts on here often, so be good to hear some of his thoughts in this thread.

@Rick Schwartz

What are your views on the VR/AR domain market? Have you been getting much interest for SmartGlasses dot com?

I was surprised that I was able to hand reg SmartGlassFrames dot com a few days ago. Customized frames could be a huge industry as most people are very particular about what they put on their face. We all remember how Google glass wearers were refered to as "glassholes"...:xf.laugh:

If only some high roller like @Rick Schwartz could come along and pick up my beautiful domain :xf.wink:

•••
Holosatnav.com
VRSATNAV.COM
ARSATNAV.COM

•••
I have
SmartglassAR
SmartglassVR
.com

•••
Regod the other day

Aismartglasses.com

•••
•••
I was surprised that I was able to hand reg SmartGlassFrames dot com a few days ago. Customized frames could be a huge industry as most people are very particular about what they put on their face. We all remember how Google glass wearers were refered to as "glassholes"...:xf.laugh:

If only some high roller like @Rick Schwartz could come along and pick up my beautiful domain :xf.wink:

@Onekey I like your thinking... I'm holding

AR frames / (com)

•••
I'm liking vSports lately. Picked up vSportsBet(s) and vSportsBetting in .NET

•••
•••
Whatz happening at Holo world? Any progress guys

•••
IMG_1421.PNG

Added : logo courtesy of realitybrands.com

•••
•••
•••
Lots of MR and XR mentions at Vision Summit yesterday (y)

Be careful putting XR into twitter though, just did and got a feed of some very x-r#ted content :xf.eek:

Make sue you use the #XR search for safer results lol.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Lots of MR and XR mentions at Vision Summit yesterday (y)

Be careful putting XR into twitter though, just did and got a feed of some very x-r#ted content :xf.eek:

Make sue you use the #XR search for safer results lol.
Least you now have a good excuse when busted watching P@rn you can say i was searching for the other xr for research purposes

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back