NameSilo

Holo vs VR vs MR vs AR vs any other reality (All realities)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VRdommy

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's actually interesting your use of the phrase 'big tube brand'. Remember that the technical description for these sites would be along the lines of 'streaming video' (why was it never shortened to SV.?) etc.

I guess a comparison could be made to 3D from a few years back. People would search for anaglyph videos, red blue videos, 3d tv videos, polarized glasses videos etc. The big sales were still all 3D.
Just for curiosity i know you buy different terms in tech as you have a great tech collection have you bought any xr names

•••
Just for curiosity i know you buy different terms in tech as you have a great tech collection have you bought any xr names

My budget has honestly finally reached its limit, LOL. I think I do have one xr name : xr-p***

•••
Somebody in the vr thread once showcased MurderVR.com :xf.eek: Although I thought it was a dubious choice of name, I see that some are now already calling for 'murder' in vr to be made illegal :

https://qz.com/943931/murder-in-virtual-reality-video-games-should-be-illegal/?platform=hootsuite

The idea is that 'if it feels real, it is'.

This disturbs me greatly if before VR even becomes mainstream virtue signallers and lobby groups try to apply real world laws to virtual reality. I mean really, all shoot em up VR would become illegal. Perhaps also adult VR will become effectively illegal on the basis that the actress should have to give written consent each time a video is played (or else it's 'rape').

•••
Somebody in the vr thread once showcased MurderVR.com :xf.eek: Although I thought it was a dubious choice of name, I see that some are now already calling for 'murder' in vr to be made illegal :

https://qz.com/943931/murder-in-virtual-reality-video-games-should-be-illegal/?platform=hootsuite

The idea is that 'if it feels real, it is'.

This disturbs me greatly if before VR even becomes mainstream virtue signallers and lobby groups try to apply real world laws to virtual reality. I mean really, all shoot em up VR would become illegal. Perhaps also adult VR will become effectively illegal on the basis that the actress should have to give written consent each time a video is played (or else it's 'rape').
I have seen especially in role play games they are trying to get some sort of decency standards in i think this is a good thing as some people are super sensitive to unwanted actions even inside a game .

•••
I have seen especially in role play games they are trying to get some sort of decency standards in i think this is a good thing as some people are super sensitive to unwanted actions even inside a game .

Yeah, me too. I read about the SJW who was claiming she was sexually harassed and groped in VR and I'm on her side. I actually hope they succeed in making adult VR illegal. I doubt it will happen for another 5 years or so though, and hopefully we can make a bit of a killing from our names first. $$$$$

Last edited:
•••
Yeah, me too. I read about the SJW who was claiming she was sexually harassed and groped in VR and I'm on her side. I actually hope they succeed in making adult VR illegal. I doubt it will happen for another 5 years or so though, and hopefully we can make a bit of a killing from our names first. $$$$$
I think once they iron out the bugs all will be good in all sections . Adult section will always be a factor in any new technology entertainment and as time goes on i see daily standards slipping everyday on tv print media movies etc i see a day in the not to distant future where adult entertainment will be part of the norm for most people not all the movie below is a good prediction of the way of the world

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/?ref_=m_nm_knf_act_i28

•••
•••
I had never given that any thought. But I can see the issues to come.
Hard to work that out since VR is going to be about role playing 'cause one of the attractions is to be able to do in the virtual world what you can not do in the real one.
I guess apps are going to have to have ratings on them...LOL..
Some may even be looking to be groped in VR ! Probably not going to get any of them to admit that though.

Last edited:
•••
https://blippar.com/en/resources/bl...d-reality-and-mixed-reality/?__prclt=TNsIkPYH

What is Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, and Mixed Reality?

Mixed Reality technology presents a hybrid of AR and VR that sees the two technologies blur and merge. The younger sibling of Augmented Reality, MR technology displays similar capabilities, augmenting the real world with virtual objects. However, with the digital content created so that the user can interact with and manipulate it, the experience will be highly engaging, impacting even what we see when we walk down the street. Microsoft’s MR headset, HoloLens, was one of the first products to enter this market, but Magic Leap is thought to be the leading edge. However, it is not the only company developing this technology - 2017 is poised to be an interesting year for MR as more players start to build in this space.

•••
https://blippar.com/en/resources/bl...d-reality-and-mixed-reality/?__prclt=TNsIkPYH

What is Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, and Mixed Reality?

Mixed Reality technology presents a hybrid of AR and VR that sees the two technologies blur and merge. The younger sibling of Augmented Reality, MR technology displays similar capabilities, augmenting the real world with virtual objects. However, with the digital content created so that the user can interact with and manipulate it, the experience will be highly engaging, impacting even what we see when we walk down the street. Microsoft’s MR headset, HoloLens, was one of the first products to enter this market, but Magic Leap is thought to be the leading edge. However, it is not the only company developing this technology - 2017 is poised to be an interesting year for MR as more players start to build in this space.
There lies the issue in definition. (created by others)
How is the hololens MR if it represents reality with reality. That makes it AR.
There is no virtual representation of it. but it can/does vurtualize some objects in view. And that is program dependent.
But I do wonder why you beat your brains out on this issue. It will be whatever the consumer says in the end.
(as far as names go) That's all I'm watching to see.

Last edited:
•••
There lies the issue in definition. (created by others)
How is the hololens MR if it represents reality with reality. That makes it AR.
There is no virtual representation of it. but it can/does vurtualize some objects in view. And that is program dependent.
But I do wonder why you beat your brains out on this issue. It will be whatever the consumer says in the end.
(as far as names go) That's all I'm watching to see.

Lol

Not beating my brains out this was just an article that explains their point of view what VR, AR & MR is.

I know I quoted MR but it was just to reference my earlier point that some companies are seeing this as an hybrid of VR & AR.

I thought that was the point of this thread ;)

But if you wan't me to just showcase my VR, 3D and Holodeck domains I can do that in future :)

Just kidding btw ;)

I found the article a good read anyway so thought I would share.

Last edited:
•••
Question......anyone making any sales on their 360 domains, lately? I've always thought that '360' or something with 'mobile/vr ' would be the first ones to start selling. From everything I've read, seems like 360 is the gateway drug to VR. Especially with the iPhone 8 coming out, I have a feeling 'mobile' domains might be a little more popular(hoping, at least)

•••
Lol

Not beating my brains out this was just an article that explains their point of view what VR, AR & MR is.

I know I quoted MR but it was just to reference my earlier point that some companies are seeing this as an hybrid of VR & AR.

I thought that was the point of this thread ;)

But if you wan't me to just showcase my VR, 3D and Holodeck domains I can do that in future :)

Just kidding btw ;)

I found the article a good read anyway so thought I would share.
If you want to get real technical, Hololens is really in a class of it's own.
Because it is part MR and Part AR.
The fact that it has the volumetric processing and code to determine what a object is and place a virtual representation of that object in view on top of the actual object is unique.

Because it requires a lot of cpu to do that well, by not doing it for the entire image of reality, it saves a bunch.
If you have ever actually seen it, it reminds me of the early graphics as there is little cpu left to do it in a high quality way. That will change in time.

They way these actually work...
These new MR goggles are bringing reality to you via a camera. But the same process is used to virtualize the objects that the code wants to manipulate. That is why the result of programs that work with these goggles will also work with the hololens.
Difference being one is sight reality and the other is from a camera.
But what a cheap way to get programs developed for your expensive device.

But getting technical you can find issues with the hardware definition with all of it.
In names, it is only a matter of the impression of the consumer.
The top marketing folks will have that fresh on their mind when choosing a name for their products.
So it comes down to, 'do you want to make a political statement or make money'

Last edited:
•••
If you want to get real technical, Hololens is really in a class of it's own.
Because it is part MR and Part AR.
The fact that it has the volumetric processing and code to determine what a object is and place a virtual representation of that object in view on top of the actual object is unique.

Because it requires a lot of cpu to do that well, by not doing it for the entire image of reality, it saves a bunch.
If you have ever actually seen it, it reminds me of the early graphics as there is little cpu left to do it in a high quality way. That will change in time.

They way these actually work...
These new MR goggles are bringing reality to you via a camera. But the same process is used to virtualize the objects that the code wants to manipulate. That is why the result of programs that work with these goggles will also work with the hololens.
Difference being one is sight reality and the other is from a camera.
But what a cheap way to get programs developed for your expensive device.

But getting technical you can find issues with the hardware definition with all of it.
In names, it is only a matter of the impression of the consumer.
The top marketing folks will have that fresh on their mind when choosing a name for their products.
So it comes down to, 'do you want to make a political statement or make money'

100% agree VRDOMMY, quality post as always.

I know we have to wait for consumer adoption of terms. That is the most nail-biting part.

•••
100% agree VRDOMMY, quality post as always.

I know we have to wait for consumer adoption of terms. That is the most nail-biting part.
Good Greif ! I hope nobody on the outside reads that.
Someone will want to make a new def/term for Hololens...LOL...

•••
To call it what it is...
The creator of Pok'eMon Go is promoting AR by trashing VR in society.
(that is the way I see it anyway)
https://www.inverse.com/article/29981-virtual-reality-vr-augmented-reality-ar-pokemon-go
But it actually may say less about society than it does for VR.
There is a place for it all. But it's in the way you utilize anything that brings value or harm.
Excuse me from your war and famine while I pretend to live like the king running it all

Sony working on VR Arcades Rollout! (japan)
https://haptic.al/sony-is-planning-to-promote-playstation-vr-in-arcades-86b01a96dbcf
Any readers here from Japan ? Make yourself known & Tell us more !
It's a pretty big move as far as I see it.

•••
Question......anyone making any sales on their 360 domains, lately? I've always thought that '360' or something with 'mobile/vr ' would be the first ones to start selling. From everything I've read, seems like 360 is the gateway drug to VR. Especially with the iPhone 8 coming out, I have a feeling 'mobile' domains might be a little more popular(hoping, at least)[/QUOTE.
Question......anyone making any sales on their 360 domains, lately? I've always thought that '360' or something with 'mobile/vr ' would be the first ones to start selling. From everything I've read, seems like 360 is the gateway drug to VR. Especially with the iPhone 8 coming out, I have a feeling 'mobile' domains might be a little more popular(hoping, at least)

...I must have posted this in the wrong thread. I don't know how to move/delete it. lol. (surprised the Mods haven't moved it by now)

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
...I must have posted this in the wrong thread. I don't know how to move/delete it. lol. (surprised the Mods haven't moved it by now)

Well this is the thread for all the 'realities'. I doubt if VR Dommy, whose thread this is, minds discussion of 360.

Onekey is the 360 king, and I gather he has made at least one or two sales lately.

Last edited:
•••
Cryptobank.com sells for $125,000 good sale for virtual currency

•••
Cryptobank.com sells for $125,000 good sale for virtual currency

I do have CryptoMR in king.

But what a amazing / life changing sale!

I wish... some day...

Last edited:
•••
•••
I got:

ARWork.Place
VRWork.Place
VRWorld.Travel

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back