IT.COM

Holo vs VR vs MR vs AR vs any other reality (All realities)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VRdommy

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Noticed this is the daily sales report:
mrcloud.com $2,550 GoDaddy

•••
•••
@Bernard Wright Thanks for sharing this. Good to see a company applying XR across multiple platforms for a real use case. I'm holding EventXR and XRmeeting / meetingxr in king. Waiting for such an savvy end user!

•••
Thank you for sharing. this reminded me that i hand registered back in August XR booking in king. it looks like it wasn't a bad idea.

•••
•••
Keeping the news flowing..

I spotted this on XRCentral. It's originally sourced from VR Times (they use white text on black bg so I'm linking to XRCentral).

FeelReal VR Scent Mask Banned Temporarily by FDA, Considered Vaping Product

FeelReal has been working on its VR scent mask for years but it now appears to have hit a snag following the imposition of a ban on the product by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

https://www.xrcentral.com/feelreal-...temporarily-by-fda-considered-vaping-product/

•••
@Bernard Wright LOL Wow, that sucks for them. While America raised the age to buy cigarettes and vaping products to 21, where I am now (in China) a father can send his 8 year old daughter to the corner shop to buy cigarettes for him and grab a candy for herself. Of course, many high school boys and girls also smoke and it's a bit of a problem. So surreal to see this affecting the VR market.

Guess you'll have to be 21 to buy VR smell juice.

Last edited:
•••

Cool.
This is actually a sort of spin off to what has been going on with 3D VR CAD solid modeling for the past couple of years. A favorite for architectural engineers. But any type of engineering has use of it.
Once the cad modeling is complete, it's a matter of syncing to surroundings and can be done in VR or AR.
But with a controller, you do not need to move through it in scale as such a large room would present that problem when viewing in a small office somewhere else.

•••
CES starting today and going on all week, hopefully brings some exciting news for VR/AR.

•••
•••
•••
@Bernard Wright They look sweet. MicroOLED sounds very promising. I'm guessing the entire display may be a fixed MicroOLED because it probably doesn't have eye-cameras for foveated rendering.

•••
Start of a new year/decade (2020’s) and new terms such as XR now in the mix.

Excluding 2 letter .com's. Interested to hear if you could own any domain related to VR/AR what would it be?

I think VirtualReality dot com and AugmentedReality dot com are both the highest ceiling domains (tied), but immersive dot com is the safer bet as i think ‘immersive’ is going to be a massive keyword if VR/AR fulfils its potential and with that Immersive dot com (quite short too) is a potentially valuable domain name, so that would be my choice.

Yours?

Last edited:
•••
This is a cap of the days show. It's long but gives you some sense of what's here.
Carefull how far you skip ahead or you will miss a hour or more. Jump in little pieces.
Expect some surprise product specific announcements sometime later as the show progresses.
I'm sure some new things each day.

•••
This should be an interesting week. Here’s a neat design by Panasonic, out the gate.

CES 2020: Panasonic Unveils World’s First Ultra HD VR Eyeglasses

https://www.xrcentral.com/ces-2020-panasonic-unveils-worlds-first-ultra-hd-vr-eyeglasses/

I have been refraining comment on this so far because I want to know more about it.
At this point, I think it is a concept device. Perhaps we will know more during CES.
I can see a lot of +'s and -'s in such a design, but one thing for sure is it won't be cheap enough for the masses yet. I think that is why it is purely concept 'at this point'. Can easily change soon enough.
Often, when co's do this kind of reveal, they are looking for consumer reaction to design.

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Just acquired

virtual/ digital , standard renewal $ 26/ year

Virtual.Digital.png

•••
Just read this article about new Hong Kong Start Up alternative to ar glasses

https://next.reality.news/news/hong...smartglasses-alternative-nreal-light-0229277/

hong-kong-startups-am-glass-wearable-offers-powerful-augmented-reality-smartglasses-alternative-nreal-light.w1456.jpg

hong-kong-startups-am-glass-wearable-offers-powerful-augmented-reality-smartglasses-alternative-nreal-light.w1456.jpg

Not sure if they if "AM" has another meaning here or not, but it occurred to me It's the shorts and best abrv for (Augmented) no R needed, assume anymore you here the world "Augmented" and you instantly associate it with " augmented reality "

none the less point is I just R/e/gD

AM/ Glasses (King)
AM / Wearables (king)
AM /Wearables (king)

( augmented glasses & wearables) sounds ok to me or am I over looking something ?

Thoughts? yay or nay? Thanks

PS just checked ..The long tail of Glasses has been reg since 2009
and Long tail of +wearables I see @mistressbellek owns , nice name btw ( any action on it?)

•••

https://next.reality.news/news/hong...smartglasses-alternative-nreal-light-0229277/

Not sure if they if "AM" has another meaning here or not, but it occurred to me It's the shorts and best abrv for (Augmented) no R needed, assume anymore you here the world "Augmented" and you instantly associate it with " augmented reality "

AM/ Glasses (King)
AM / Wearables (king)
AM /Wearables (king)

( augmented glasses & wearables) sounds ok to me or am I over looking something ?

and Long tail of +wearables I see @mistressbellek owns , nice name btw ( any action on it?)

I have AugmentedWearable and the plural in king. A few inquiries and decent amount of type in traffic, but no offers yet. :)

•••
I have AugmentedWearable and the plural in king. A few inquiries and decent amount of type in traffic, but no offers yet. :)

Thanks, it’s a stronge name, think you will do well with it.

•••

AM/ Glasses (King)
AM / Wearables (king)
AM /Wearables (king)

2 thoughts on your buys.
1, you are treading intellectual property. AM is a brand not a niche thing. So it depends on it's limited use.
2, otherwise, if this were generic, I would buy it in the host co of its primary marketing...
".hk" ... follow the marketing targets.

•••
•••
2 thoughts on your buys.
1, you are treading intellectual property. AM is a brand not a niche thing. So it depends on it's limited use.
2, otherwise, if this were generic, I would buy it in the host co of its primary marketing...
".hk" ... follow the marketing targets.

Thanks You! You make a good point AM / Glass is a website for American Glass Co

This HK company seems to be called "Pacific Future" and the product AM Glass wearable....so I can see how I am treading on thin ice perhaps

Also valid point with the .hk never even seen a thread or sale or post about .hk on here till now though lol guess that's why that did not cross my mind.

I thank you for taking the time to give me some input

•••
Though this does not use any of the vr xr ar holo prefixes, they are all related to gaming so I wanted to share this here

oddly enough the was still there for the picking

eCloudGames.KING

Worth maybe 5-10% of the non "e"? my guess

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back