IT.COM

Holo vs VR vs MR vs AR vs any other reality (All realities)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VRdommy

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
360LiveVideo(s) / 360-DegreeVideo / Live360VR

I really believe Facebook’s Live 360 along with Oculus Go will be big in 2018-19. With plenty of 360 Cameras around already and smartphones with the ability to stream Live 360 we are at the precipice of a VR content boom.

Last edited:
•••
I really believe Facebook’s Live 360 along with Oculus Go will be big in 2018-19. With plenty of 360 Cameras around already and smartphones with the ability to stream Live 360 we are at the precipice of a VR content boom.

Same here, I think OculusGo could be the headset we’ve been waiting for.

Cheap, gets people into VR and from the things I’ve read people seem very interested in buying it, i for one am.

Whilst a there may be better VR headsets than Oculus, the future of VR rides a lot with them and Facebook in my opinion. They are going to be the ones to take it to the next level more so than companies like HTC with Vive.

Over 1 billion people use Facebook and over 1 billion people will be seeing VR ads and announcements as Facebook are promoting VR heavily and some of the apps they’ve demonstrated that combines VR use with Facebook has potential to be really popular.

Last edited:
•••
VRCamsLive - VRCamTube - VRCam.TUBE - VRCam.CHAT

•••
•••
Warming up, Aftermarket still good :)

Last edited:
•••
Yes, I have been following that since CES 2017 when they were showing the 4k version off.
The only thing that stops me from jumping the pre-order/kickstarter on the 8k is the fact I expect a hardware revision before this 8k version really goes consumer. So I will wait.
But I would like to experiment with the arcade experience myself.
I'm building a 20'x30' room from a old house right now.
But the only way I would go forward is with a hmd that has a better than 160 degree fov.
And this thing specs out like a starvr only better res.
But I am also likely to pick-up a GO also.
Good contrast cause each is going to force things in the marketplace, but at different ends of it.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Its been a while since I touched a VR 4L and I am not really up to date in regards to their popularity on the market but I acquired once today. Thought the price was acceptable, I might me totally wrong.

upload_2017-10-15_21-15-55.png

•••
Its been a while since I touched a VR 4L and I am not really up to date in regards to their popularity on the market but I acquired once today. Thought the price was acceptable, I might me totally wrong.

Show attachment 70954

Well, Most VR4L are about the same. Few exceptions.
I priced mine with about 2500 tag one them. Don't expect to sell them for a while.
May revalue higher in a year or two. It's a waiting game.
xxVR is probably the better branding format, and as luck would have it, I have few of them.

Just so nobody forgets, All the WMR HMD's release on Tues OCT 17 with the Windows Update.

If you can find a place offering a test drive, do it and let us know what you think.

•••
Don't expect to sell them for a while ... It's a waiting game.

Hummm, I am not in for the long run with this one.
I am looking to sell it ASAP for a small profit.

•••
The WMR VR headsets start shipping today. This is nice article explaining the relative merits and specs of each of them : https://www.windowscentral.com/windows-mixed-reality-specs

Hopefully this will help kickstart VR headset sales, although I was expecting a bit more coverage in the media over the weekend, there's hardly been any. I guess the average consumer still hasn't clue that relatively affordable plug and play VR headsets are now on sale. I suppose it doesn't help either that Microsoft are branding them 'mixed reality' to add to the confusion with augmented reality.

Very much off topic, but at least on the subject of future domain investing, I notice in another thread they are discussing Bitcoin names. Is there anything more silly than investing in Bitcoin names? I mean if they have any value, surely it would be better to invest in Bitcoin itself?

I guess someone here has BitcoinVR etc. haha..

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Magic Leap Announces $502 Million
in Series D Funding

https://www.magicleap.com/stories/news/magic-leap-series-d-funding
Sept 27
https://www.namepros.com/posts/6370181/
The only thing new about this is that they signed with a new broker to find them investors and they are going to Asia as needed to find them. That tells me they are having a hard sell.
But the funding was announced a week or more ago...
Oct 12
https://www.axios.com/magic-leap-raises-big-new-funding-round-2496000932.html

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back