Dynadot

Holo vs VR vs MR vs AR vs any other reality (All realities)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VRdommy

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
It's difficult or impossible to watch on anything other than an Apple device.

Actually, I'm very tempted to buy this new iPhone, would be first Apple product I've ever bought.

regular windows 10 with Microsoft edge.

•••
•••
•••
AR was super popular at this years Apple event, mentioned multiple times, it was clear they have really high expectations for this tech.

•••
Amazing phone. A lot of power to generate great AR. He did say a lot of times AR.

Last edited:
•••
That A11 bionic chip had some of the stats I was reading in Rumor Mills. That phone is built almost exclusively with augmented reality in mind. Time for developers to get to work!

Last edited:
•••
Yeah...I just pre/ordered a Note 8 lol. Much bigger screen,

Mediocre updates as usual. The best update in my opinion was in the Apple Watch being celular. Sony did the 3D scanning thing already. Nothing compatible to Tango, unfortunately.

Moving right along..

•••
•••
Iphone x looks so cool

IMG_3121.PNG
IMG_3124.PNG

•••
I think this will be great for AR, power processing wise, but I have to admit I was hoping for 3D depth scanners on the BACK side for more accurate tracking in addition to the dual camera so that AR objects can interact with real life objects...but no...not there yet...

Looking forward to when Tango goes mainstream...

•••
•••
•••
Their avoidance of VR really does not do the VR industry any good, because investors and consumers are waiting for Apple to move in on a tech as a signal that it\s mainstream worthy....

Apple will have to come in late then, i guess...

•••
Most are not expecting any kind of headset. No leaks have indicated anything headset related about to release, and there are always leaks, even when the apple watch was coming, so don't hold your breath for any major developments beyond 3D scanning on a iphone similar to Sony's or tango on their "x" phone. Not saying there won't be a mobile vr headset. It's not impossible. I just highly doubt it.

Hope I'm wrong though lol

Looks like I was spot on, but I at least expected the X to have depth sensors in the back for more impressive AR tracking.......very disappointing...

Last edited:
•••
Yeah...I just pre/ordered a Note 8 lol. Much bigger screen,

Mediocre updates as usual. The best update in my opinion was in the Apple Watch being celular. Sony did the 3D scanning thing already. Nothing compatible to Tango, unfortunately.

Moving right along..

Ordered mine last week. Will never touch an Apple product.

I thought 3D depth would of been a sure bet too. Probably would have been a trade off between that and faceid implementation for them or just not there yet.

•••
The only true AR improvement on the backside (where it matters for game playing and non-narcissistic selfies) is faster processing....nothing else....The X is technically no better at AR than the 8 Plus. No real reason to get iphone x....bigger screen? No...not 6.3 like the Note 8 lol....

•••
So boring... Those phones are for Apple fan boys who are going to get them anyway, regardless if there's anything drastically different or better....

•••
•••
•••
•••
My biggest take away from the event is that Tim Cook and the giant that is Apple solidified their intentions in augmented reality. They reinforced the word over and over again in speech and video, and samples etc etc and that is what investors world over are going to see and developers and millions across the globe are going to buy into the frenzy.

Already seeing tons of articles popping up on Facebook and LinkedIN etc on AR which is great. Get ready for the wave.

•••
When Cook said "and one more thing" they zoomed in on a woman's face and I was like "oooh...shit I was wrong! they're releasing an AR headset", but then they zoomed in on the edge of the X iphone...

Such a let down, but it was exactly what I expected lol...

•••
Yep ar augmented reality it is..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back