Dynadot

Hmm Smells Like a Scam but I am not sure

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Iravan

TSAS HostEstablished Member
Impact
Do you have a valuation or appraisal? I need an appraisal certificate for your domain. I consider your name as an investment. In other words I'm going to sell your name later and make a profit. If I overpay I won't be able to make a profit in the future. It's very important for you and me to know the current market value of your domain.

Of course, we must be sure that you are engaging a reputable appraisal company. Please note that I don't trust free or cheap appraisals.

To avoid mistakes I asked domain experts about reputable appraisal companies in a forum

http://www.domaintalk.ourplace.com/Archive/29016.htm

Juck check this posting.

After I verify an appraisal from you we'll continue our negotiations.

How do you prefer to get paid: www.PayPal.com, www.escrow.com, check or wire?

Looking forward to your reply.

Hmm Looks like it may be a scam

What do u think??

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
SCAM! Never, never, NEVER buy an appraisal based on an email like this. If he was a legitimate buyer, he would negotiate with or without an appraisal.

That's a phony forum by the way, designed by the scammers to try to get you to buy an appraisal from a site that they own.

•••
Hmm

Hmm

Ya Well I thought as much, just wanted a another opinion

Thanx so much :)

By the Way

The Scammers Email Contact is : [email protected]

Best regards,

Robert Montoya

Ph. D. President

ToughGuys Software Consulting & Development

Thanx

Iravan

•••
Whats the saying?

LOOKS like a .......
WALKS like a ......
SMELLS like a .......
probably is a ......

•••
Iravan said:
Hmm

Ya Well I thought as much, just wanted a another opinion

Thanx so much :)

By the Way

The Scammers Email Contact is : [email protected]

Thanx

Iravan

Yes, the 'toughguy.net' domain is a well known scammer.

•••
I received the same set of emails from [email protected]. I did some research here and came across the numerous threads on Toughguy.net. It's a scam.

•••
Good to know and nice to see your post alerting everyone :)

•••
Iravan said:
Hmm Looks like it may be a scam

What do u think??

I don't understand why it is that the SELLER had to get an apprasial...it seems like the BUYER needs to make the investment and get the domain they want appraised. Furthure more, i don't understand why the SELLER has to use the BUYER'S favorite apprasier service?

•••
Thanks for the heads up!

•••
Isis said:
I don't understand why it is that the SELLER had to get an apprasial...it seems like the BUYER needs to make the investment and get the domain they want appraised. Furthure more, i don't understand why the SELLER has to use the BUYER'S favorite apprasier service?

Ya I told the guy right out, that if he wants an appraisal he is gonan ahve to find it

•••
I've just received an email from this "Artist"...
Lets see if he can beat me! :lol:

•••
Lets see if he can beat me!

Just block him save yourself the trouble...

•••
•••
•••
Check the headers of the email and post them here it is the easyest way (To get headers either in outlook or where email either search for how to on google or in outlook to to tools properites and select display email headers)

iNod

•••
Just key word seach "toughguy" or "fast domain sales" here and see how many posts this brings up.. Must see this same post every week.

•••
I got a similar e-mail from Peter Weldon, the Ph. D. President (always a "Ph. D. President") of the Skalle Group. The domain 'skallebank.com' was used.

•••
Fish i had that one, i threatened him with my solicitors never heard from him again.

•••
God only knows I've seen that too many times

•••
Well Looks Like this toughguy.net

My Work is done ;)

Please Close the thread!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back