Domain Empire

Hijacked?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

KatWght

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
I bought a domain in auction and recently transferred it over to a new registrar. I've set it to forward to another domain I own, but it's now forwarding to a parking page (complete with stock logo and a list of affiliate links). The full page only shows up on IE and Edge, on other browsers it looks like either a completely blank white page or a blank page with just the parking site privacy policy on it. My new registrar says they think it's just that it hasn't propagated yet and may take 24-48 hours, but they don't think it's been compromised. So...can someone put my mind at rest, please? I never set up the parking, and I don't understand how this could have happened without the domain being compromised. It looks like someone else could potentially be profiting from my domain in the meantime, which surely can't be above board? Advice appreciated, thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would suggest you try this:
https://www.whatsmydns.net/

With that yool you can check if the domain's nameservers have fully propagated across the internet (at least to the locations shown on the tool).

What they told you from your registrar is correct, it can take up to 2 days for the domain to fully setup.

•••
Thanks, that looks useful! I was more concerned with how it got onto the parking page in the first place, but have since been told by the parking company that my previous registrar has an arrangement where they can park domains with them. Sounds shady to me, but at least I'm not so worried about hijacking now.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back