Domain Empire

High Bids at NW and Pool

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Am I loosing my mind or are the bids at NW and Pool getting outrageous for realtively low value names?

Over the last few weeks we have been playing the drops a little more than normal, as we are attempting to aquire approx 100 names for a client who is starting a new project in 2004

Anyway of the 35 names we have backordered to date, through NW or Pool I am finding that winning bids are getting a little silly. These are not "Prime" names but could be rated as "decent to good names" Based Keywords and Brandability

However, I am seeing bidding prices on these names approaching retail pricing levels in numerous situations. Hate to say it but I refuse to pay $150- $250.00 for a second rate name
but this seems to becoming quite common.

I am almost beginning to think there is more to this than meets the eye. Anybody have any thoughts

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Bids have increased these days, might have something to do with the increased amount of players/resellers?

I used to be able to grab many names at NW @ $8.75, those days are just about gone.

Mike

•••
Agreed with Mike, the market is getting saturated.

•••
I'm still getting some good ones, but occassionally you do go up against a retail user or someone who REALLY wants a name. A couple weeks ago I was outbid on a couple .info's where the other bidder had a max proxy of $800 to $1500.

Surveying.info went for $695, but had a proxy of $1200. BusinessPlan.info went for $250, but had a proxy of $1500.

I caught wastewater.info at pool for $70, but the namewinner bids were I think over $400.

Candles.info was about $600 at NW, but got picked up by someone not using the normal drop services, so they may have just paid reg fee.

Here's the final prices on Pool names I'vebeen outbid on in the last month. Some of them had several bidders.

blacktop.info $90.00
bullets.info $160.00
businessplan.info $250.00
carts.info $100.00
circuitboards.net $317.00
crop.info $360.00
crossbow.info $200.00
decals.info $270.00
definitions.info $100.00
digitalphoto.info $80.00
excavating.info $435.00
gary.info $191.00
golfcarts.info $210.00
handgun.info $200.00
metering.net $70.00
photoalbums.net $585.00
postagemeters.info $260.00
rainbows.info $100.00
rollerskates.info $310.00
sewer.info $261.00
size.info $80.00
surveying.info $695.00
theme.info $90.00
tricycle.info $100.00
var.info $70.00
wagons.info $100.00
weddingring.info $150.00

•••
Those are nice info's some of them are a tad pricey
Anyway, one of the names I lost out on today
was

ABCNAMES.COM

To me it is nothing special but
it went for $320.00

I agree there are alot of new players in the market
that may be some of the reason, I am finding that NW can't compete with Pool and I personally don't like their auction system

•••
I agree 100%, NW is no match when Pool is after the Domain. I was also watching ABCNames.com , if I remember correctly when I first noticed it was dropping most of the other populare ext. where regged so that might have added additional value to owning the .com

Mike

•••
Same story here.
This trend of loosing b grade names started just lately.
Almost every name I come across there is a bid on it.
There is no respect for the pioneers.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back