NameSilo

Hey all, happy to be here!

Located in ☆ Networking - Meet and Greet started by Joseph Sterling, Jan 26, 2020.

Replies:
Views:

1. Joseph Sterling

Joseph Sterling Upgraded Member Gold Account

Hey everyone, my name is Joseph and I have been buying domains for quite a while now. What I haven’t been doing is organizing a plan to sell them, this is why I’m here. NamePros has been an awesome resource so far and I’m addicted to reading all of these message boards. I work in luxury residential real estate in New York City so I am already very used to using CRMs, cold calling, lead generation, email campaigns, follow up, negotiation, and much more. I look forward to learning, growing, and helping others as much as possible in this community.

A few of my favorite domains that I own (all dot coms unless noted otherwise)

CastNYC
    WealthCut
    SpeechHive
    SneakerFlip
    TokenMatcher
    NameDuel
    MealPlenty
    TokenBrew
    TypeRise
    IdeaLeak
    BlockRef
    GigSumo
    CuriousNYC
    ClimateFaq
    FundLander
    FactRise
    FlipperHub
    FlippersHub
    onQco
    Paraloans
    StockTradingVideos
    StockPumper
    Mosfy
    Duskeo
    CostRise
    Awezo
    1Eta
    MetropolisAi
    Purity dot me

I have so many others and can’t wait to start selling them. I’m not really sure what they are worth or what I can get for some of these but I’m sure I’ll get a clearer view once I read more of the awesome content on NP.

I hope everyone is having an excellent weekend so far and I look forward to seeing what 2020 brings for us all!

-Joseph

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Shamiul Alam

Shamiul Alam Established Member

3. Bertrell

Bertrell Upgraded Member Gold Account

4. sharfab

sharfab Established Member

5. Aryan B

Aryan B Established Member

6. Ategy

Ategy NameCult.com Gold Account VIP

Hello @Joseph Sterling .. and welcome to NamePros! :)

Good news / Bad news here. First of all, unfortunately I don't think you're going to make much from those domains. You need to ask yourself what sort of company would be willing to pay a significant multiple above what you paid for domains like MealPlenty, TokenBrew, TypeRise and IdeaLeak. I see where you're trying to go with such names, but they simply aren't strong enough for the average domainer.

That being said .. there is good news .. lol. They aren't all garbage (just that alone places you a step ahead of the average beginner). Plus the fact that you have experience in sales and outbound does give you another step up. Although again, who do you see yourself outbounding these domains to? I unfortunately don't see it for most of them.

All that said .. most people have under par domains when they start out .. the trick is to shift to saleable domains before buying too many unsaleable ones. For that, you've definitely come to the right place to learn!

Best of luck to you going forward! :)

7. Joseph Sterling

8. xynames

xynames XYNames.com PRO VIP

9. Abdullah Abdullah

Abdullah Abdullah Top Contributor VIP

10. Sulabh Sharma

Sulabh Sharma Top Contributor VIP

11. Joseph Sterling

Hey @Ategy ,

I just wanted to say that I appreciate you taking the time to write that very thoughtful/helpful reply. I always welcome praise and constructive criticism with open arms and I’m grateful for you sharing your knowledge. Cheers to a prosperous 2020!

-Joseph

12. WatchDogue

WatchDogue Top Contributor VIP

Hello!

Ambition is always a virtue with domain names and so is a willingness to learn.

Suggest you visit NameBio.com and compare what you consider to be your best keywords / names with as similar of a name as you can locate on NameBio.

Try to find " sold " comps to your names to see where you might compare and contrast to the sold name.

Being similar does not suggest or assure a sale, just an idea of how your names might compare to sold names.

Welcome to NamePros!

13. Joseph Sterling

That's great advice @WatchDogue , I will go over and do that now. Thanks so much for helping me get started. :)

14. rubencouto

rubencouto DN Front VIP

15. Indianad

Indianad Upgraded Member Gold Account

16. Mister Funsky

Mister Funsky Top Contributor VIP

17. OmarVG

OmarVG Top Contributor VIP

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice