NameSilo

Help understanding GoDaddy payment cancellation

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
HERE IS THE SCREENSHOT

So I want to cancel automatic rebilling on my card. When I go in here to payments, it says cancel NOW. Does that mean it will delete the domain from my account!?

Dont guess, someone maybe can help me out here? I want to cancel auto renew, I already set it to manual. Now its telling me I must actually Cancel this, but it looks like im canceling the domain name. :!:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

If you have already set your products to "manual," then GD won't charge your card, so I don't know why you would want to change the status of your credit card. By setting to manual, you have already told GD that you want to select when you renew (or allow unwanted domains to drop).

Are you switching cards? If so, I would put the new card in first, and then cancel the old card. Better yet, call or email a rep.

If you turn off automatic billing, then I doubt if GD will want to keep your account active.

A caveat to manual renewal: if you don't pay attention to all those renewal notices, you could easily allow a domain to expire.

For the high-value domains or ones I simply want to keep, I keep the auto renewal on. But I pay attention so that I can renew with a coupon.

:)

Good luck!

•••

Are you switching cards? If so, I would put the new card in first, and then cancel the old card. Better yet, call or email a rep.

IMO, it's always best to contact them live!!!
Then you know for sure whats up.
No oooopses later to bite you in the butt.

Like I said... just my opinion.

Peace,
Cy

•••
Doing that will cancel the domain name.

Thats how I cancele 2 domains last week.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back