Dynadot

domain Help me put a value on Shirtworks.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Shirtworks15

Impact
Hi, I'm getting ready to sell my business and I've had an offer for my domain shirtworks.com. Please help me estimate a value for this domain to know if this is a good offer, or if I should hold onto it. Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It depends very heavily on how much you need the money and how willing you are to be patient.

If you have no problem hanging onto the name indefinitely, then I would personally be comfortable holding out for a price in the $2,000 to $4,000 range.

It's a solid brand name. Clear meaning... big industry... and there are quite a few existing companies branding themselves with this name and in need of a domain name upgrade.

What was the offer?

•••
Actually... you say you're selling a business, so I assume you're getting some traffic to that domain? Depending on how much you're getting, you could be comfortable asking for a good deal more than what I quoted above.

•••
In fact, you may even be able to leverage your offer... If you know who made it, then call around to some of the other "shirt works" companies using inferior domain names, and give them a chance to beat the offer.

•••
Thanks for the response. To be a little more clear, I am closing my business and just selling the equipment and inventory. So no guarantee the new owner is going to have any attachment to the name. The offer I received is for $1,000.

•••
Thanks for the response. To be a little more clear, I am closing my business and just selling the equipment and inventory. So no guarantee the new owner is going to have any attachment to the name. The offer I received is for $1,000.
That's a solid opening offer. I would certainly push for more (especially, as I said, if the site still gets a good amount of traffic). If you're comfortable paying the $10 annual renewal on the name and being patient, and/or reaching out to some other businesses, then I think you could get at least double that.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back