Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am getting into the creating/selling APPS for local businesses. Which name do you like the best?
1) APPS.Mobi
2) APPS.design
3) APPS.work
4) APPS.marketing
5) APPS.Rocks
6) Other??
I have not checked to see what is available,yet

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
LOL! I thought I would confuse the issue by handregging another one that I love...
DigitalDiva.us. You guys probably hate it...opinions requested.

You pride yourself with your abilities to name companies, but I really question your true abilities in this area with the domains you have registered for your apps business. AppDesigner.us, LocalApps.biz, and now DigitalDiva.us. I understood that you were wanting an EMD with your choices and not a Brandable. But now you have contributed a Brandable to the mix, this opens up many more possibilities. You can buy many 5-8 letter brandables in .com for between reg fee and $20 right here on NamePros. I certainly would not be using a brandable in anything other than .com. I'd work hard at the branding, and I'd drop all three of your registered choices. They are unlikely to impart much benefit by simply forwarding them to your eventual choice.

If you were serious about your business, you would be using a .com domain. Not some domain in deadbeat extensions like .us and .biz. I'm not saying you cannot be a successful business using .us or .biz, but I don't think it is smart, when most successful businesses are using .com domains. They already impart some trust to your customers. You don't have to work to overcome their negative connotations. It's almost as if
you are deliberately trying to lower customers expectations by not using a .com. Even if you do need to spell the domain over the phone.

Also. By the variety of the domain names you have chosen to register, I think it shows a lot of indecision on your part. This doesn't impart the kind of confidence you say you have in naming businesses. At least to me.

None of these comments are meant as a personal attack on you. So please don't take it that way. I'm just trying to vent my frustrations that I thought this was a done deal already. And then you introduced brandables into the mix. And to say what I really feel in my heart about using a .com domain for your business.

•••
I concur with Stub. If the OP is a 20year old college student who is just learning to create apps and has no money to buy a serious domain, fine. However, if you are serious about creating a brand for your business which communicates to your customers you are a real company and not some fly-by-night scam operation that is going to steal people's money, go with a .COM rather than these horrible domains you selected. Best wishes.

•••
I think somebody already suggested sjwapps.com. That and serryapps.com are both available in .com. Not to over complicate things.

•••
Appsbywomen.com and appsolonia.com is open:)

•••
•••
----------------------This is going from bad to worse. Done guys, thanks
Sorry. Hope whatever you choose is the best option for you.

•••
----------------------This is going from bad to worse. Done guys, thanks

So which one did you choose and/or what is your strategy going forward?

•••
So which one did you choose and/or what is your strategy going forward?
-----------------
Have no idea, still have to design the website.

•••
I am getting into the creating/selling APPS for local businesses. Which name do you like the best?
1) APPS.Mobi
2) APPS.design
3) APPS.work
4) APPS.marketing
5) APPS.Rocks
6) Other??
I have not checked to see what is available,yet
APPs.design

•••
•••
It is leading to more confusion than right choice :)

My suggestion would be Apps.com and all the gtlds as support.

•••
hi, my best is APPS.marketing. Sounds good, cute and known-name. It sounds unspecified , like a generic work..

•••
what kind of apps. use widget or widgets

•••
THANKS Everyone...This thread is closed!

•••
You should close the thread then if you don't want nay more posts

•••
Hello

I think so your business name APPS.design is best name.

•••
You should close the thread then if you don't want nay more posts
------------------ I have no idea how to close a thread.

•••
•••
Click on More Options.
----------------------
I hate to be a pain, but have no idea what your talking about. There is nothing under options to close thread.

•••
At the top of your thread you should see " thread tools" click on it and uncheck open.

•••
At the top of your thread you should see " thread tools" click on it and uncheck open.
---------------------------
LOL! You made that up. I see nothing that says 'thread tools'.

•••
---------------------------
LOL! You made that up. I see nothing that says 'thread tools'.
Maybe its different on a smartphone, it's next to watch/unwatch thread.

•••
Maybe its different on a smartphone, it's next to watch/unwatch thread.
--------------------------
LOL! I am on a desktop and there is nothing next to the unwatch link!

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back