IT.COM

question HELP FOR NEWBIE!

NameSilo
Watch

Rickyg972

Established Member
Impact
Ive recently purchased a domain on godaddy and listed it on 7 day auction. After 2 days it seems I'm the only person who has viewed it! Any advice on how to obtain views? Apart from obviously spending money on "boosts" etc.

Any help much appreciated

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
maybe it doesn't stand out, so everybody is overlooking it

just saying.

also, when you 'recently' buy something and then relist in auction, the desperation is obvious

and.... since it's a 7 day auction, then you still got 5 more days, so be a little patient.

Good Luck!

imo....

•••
You need to gain exposure - so posting the name will help you.

•••
I'm on the same situation as yours. I'm a newbie too, and pushed few of my new domains to the auctions. Well, what I learnt from this business is - we need to advertise our domain names. No views = no bids. I would suggest you to go social. Share your domain names on twitter and facebook. That worked for me a bit.

•••
Hello,
to add to this post from my experience, best possible option with the regards of SEO and interest targeting would be a using Google AdWords, setting with potential buyer keywords and phrases and that linking to GoDaddy auction page, that will deliver most accurately visits with targeting interested from web search traffic.
So for example advertise "Brandable SME name, patent free" for your invented domain name for small business name.

Cheers

Last edited:
•••
I think selling domain is not a simple way. Aution is a nice way when your domain is great or some patterns like 4L. Others I suggest post it to social place like namepros, facebook, twitter,we chat and so on.

•••
Don't forget to make sure that you chose the proper and suitable category of your domain .. Good luck

•••
maybe there is no interest in the name

•••
Ive recently purchased a domain on godaddy and listed it on 7 day auction. After 2 days it seems I'm the only person who has viewed it! Any advice on how to obtain views? Apart from obviously spending money on "boosts" etc.

Any help much appreciated
I recommend use social medias share auction link in your own webiste. Viewers will increase.

•••
There are millions of domains listed for sale, and very few will ever sell ! So...
Sorry, there is no trick. Buy better great domains (rule #1: handregs will be tough to sell).

Well, what I learnt from this business is - we need to advertise our domain names. No views = no bids.
Exposure is not the problem, demand is the problem. If you don't own domains that somebody else would want (and would pay to have them), then advertising or 'promoting' them will not help. If you have the right domains, you can just wait for end users to find you. Of course, it doesn't hurt to list the domains on various marketplaces but it's not necessary, as long as you don't make it difficult for them to reach you. A simple placeholder page can suffice.

Not every domain can sell. Maybe 1% (tops) of the supply has resale value, but the market is small and cannot even absorb the supply. Make sure you're not stuck in the 99% group.

•••
Hey!

Thanks for the advice. I'd love to try this myself while buying a domain.

Regards
Life saver essays

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back