NameSilo

question Help and feeling Disappointed!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

JoelOlivencia

Established Member
Impact
I just found an excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! domain name with .ch extension ( Switzerland extention) at 14.99 dollars and when it was already in my shopping cart and clicked to pay they gave me this message.

"The basket contained domains that are unavailable. Those domains have been removed."
I tried two times and the same thing happened on both. Does any body know why? This happened with GoDaddy I am disappointed, EstiBot appraisal had it on $5,200. :guilty:-_--_--_--_--_-

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sometimes Godaddy shows registered domain names as available. You can't do anything about this.

•••
I just found an excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! domain name with .ch extension ( Switzerland extention) at 14.99 dollars and when it was already in my shopping cart and clicked to pay they gave me this message.

"The basket contained domains that are unavailable. Those domains have been removed."
I tried two times and the same thing happened on both. Does any body know why? This happened with GoDaddy I am disappointed, EstiBot appraisal had it on $5,200. :guilty:-_--_--_--_--_-

if you relly want it bad and it looks like it then its worth for you to open account at another registrar ,and buying it there or trying.

as early as a day ago, I went to godaddy to register grip.one
it said available. I selected it.
then it is.. no longer available.

so I went to get it on my dynadot account
where it let me buy it without an issue.

•••
I've noticed it as well with CH names (check vr.ch), and have experienced it with other extensions over the years. Be happy the system removed the name before actually charging you for the cost.

Unfortunately, it happens with every registrar, from time-to-time. Best to simply move on to the next name.

•••
Hello,

It happens all the time. Often the domain is registered to someone else, registry reserved or blocked by the registry. For some extensions it might be a premium priced domain. The registrar is not always updated with that information.

Just let it go, but FIRST try with another registrar to be sure.

•••
Ok I will try on a other registrar. Let you guys know. Thanks!!

•••
I tried it at SEDO and the domain had a: "is available, order now" I clicked on order now and it browsed to NetworkSolutions site with this message:

"Please enter a valid domain name composed of three or more characters."
So I assume its because is shorter than tree letters, but.... why do I see domains names 3 or less in some other extensions. And in sedo I see the same domain name with .de extension, it has
25 bids on it and 22172 traffic. Hummm...

I tried thanks any way @kohsamui @RevolutionaryDo @alcy @LOLed @Domain Sales maybe its not God will.

•••
.Ch has not released LLs or NNs yet, .De did few years ago.

Were you trying to register 88.ch? )))

•••
That would be really cool if it was available.

•••
I can tell you that NN.ch and LL.ch are not available for registration.

NNN.ch are ALL registered.
There are LLL.ch available still.

•••
•••
•••
Joel, why are you feeling disappointed for simple things. There are always plenty of other opportunities mate.

•••
You cannot register LL.ch. And do not trust automated appraisals ever :)

•••
Welcome to NP

I would focus on .com when starting out in domaining. You will struggle to sell .ch names. Remember a lot of these countries are not english speaking, so dont register english words

As Kate said, dont use Estibot, its like picking a figure out of a hat..It's not accurate

•••
•••
This happened with GoDaddy I am disappointed,
Welcome aboard. Godaddy is not perfect and I've learned to live with it as it's still very useful in other aspects.

•••
This has happened to me a couple of times.
One occasion I was checking the url value of one I'd bought url rate (I think) and buying a couple more and someone whizzed the .biz from under my nose. So I did a check to make sure I wasnt being paranoid and it was registered the same morning similar time AND he had 3000+ domains. So I think some sites do watch what you register/search for.
Also it happened on a reg site I use regularly and feel safe with... I messaged them and said it was in my basket, they said you're right sorry, you can have it! No more was said about it....
It would be my last choice to search a domain. There are secure searches you can do if you look on the web and you can check who is and the date it was registered. If huge domains or similar someone nabs it as premium then it will cloak the details and then you will know for sure it's just been beemed up.
I hope this helps (this was one of my earlier experiences). Do secure searches or find a registrar that you feel 100% as I think the leading companies do work together to keep domain sales low and to charge us more (maybe). Also sometimes you will see on who is or other info that the site was registered before hand and it's just an error to say it's available. (opinion based reply) M

Last edited:
•••
Always remember that EVERYTHING you read on registrar sites is a potential lie until you receive an emailed confirmation number for the domain purchase (and make sure the email represents the correct account and correct domain name.

You also need to sign a divorce between your emotions and domain name evaluation sites. They are useful as a quick info reference only. Remember those sites are only programs...not people... Not end users.... Just programs.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back