domain Help/Advice Needed Immediately - iNewYorkCity.net

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Satyajit Adhikary

Top Member
Impact
I have a bunch of domains about to expire in a week. They were purchased before I started domaining for developing them into blogs. Wanted to pay content writers and develop each of them with wordpress.
Never worked on the plan. Also never tried to sell these names properly.

Now, please advise me whether to renew these for selling or go with the initial blogging plan (for which ample time is required) or just let them drop.

iNewYorkCity.net
iPhiladelphia.net
iPortland.net
iDetroit.net
iRome.net
iHonolulu.net
iChicago.net
iBoston.net
iHongKong.net
iBerlin.net
iThailand.net
iindonesia.net
iOrlando.net
iOttawa.net
iAuckland.net
iNetherlands.net
iDublin.net
iZurich.net
iLisbon.net
iBarcelona.net
iAthens.net
iWashington.net

Surely these are pronounceable and memorable names but .net. Would not have asked if these were .com. Bought them with coupons in Bluehost a year back $1 each. Please comment your suggestions.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Drop. Unless you like flushing cash down the loo.

•••
Just drop them, if you decide to purchase them in future I'm 100% confident they will still be available, but from what I see now they would only be a burden.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
There is a. Boston due to be issued if not already so

i.boston is a complete domain name on its own and if they are going to do it with. Boston they may decide to do it with more cities so anyone with big bucks will probably go for the shortest version

•••
given the time frame of a week, you could try & sell them here as a bulk auction.

Cheers
Corey

•••
•••
Thanks all for your valuable inputs..!!

However, there are some end users who have developed this format, like:
jOrlando.net
eDublin.net
vBerlin.net
pBerlin.net
oBerlin.net
gRome.net
cBoston.net
eBoston.net
jBoston.net and many such.

And many others have developed sites with tlds lesser in value than .net using such format

Last edited:
•••
There is a. Boston due to be issued if not already so

i.boston is a complete domain name on its own and if they are going to do it with. Boston they may decide to do it with more cities so anyone with big bucks will probably go for the shortest version

I agree with you.
But not all have big bucks to spend on domain. Also, not everyone is a fan of new Tlds. Some people still stick to the com/net/org trio.

•••
Some stick with tried and tested but I'd buy half a dozen. Com domains at reg fee to balance portfolio out so that a potential. Com sale offsets original costs and makes a portfolio profitable

•••
Some stick with tried and tested but I'd buy half a dozen. Com domains at reg fee to balance portfolio out so that a potential. Com sale offsets original costs and makes a portfolio profitable
Exactly..!!
That's why I have 300+ .com

•••
•••
For only a $22 investment, maybe you pick one or two to develop - the ones you think have the best opportunity, and drop the rest. That is, if you really want to spend the time developing. But if you have over 300 .com domains and are now into domaining ... then do that! Good luck!

•••
I'm sure you have better names to develop in your 300+ com domain pool :)

Just drop/give/sell
Good luck!

•••
For only a $22 investment, maybe you pick one or two to develop - the ones you think have the best opportunity, and drop the rest. That is, if you really want to spend the time developing. But if you have over 300 .com domains and are now into domaining ... then do that! Good luck!
You are completely right and that's what I would do, Keep a few of them. I felt one thing, when a blogger/SEO guy starts domaining, he looses interest in developing. Atleast, this is true for me.
Domaining is addictive and tests your analytical skills.
I think I am not going back the Wordpress/SEO path anytime sooner.

•••
Time is money, if you want to develop any site calculate the man hours you gonna work on it.
If you think its worth, keep, else drop.

•••
Nothing on this list anyone couldn't find an alternative to for registration fee.

•••
I own a good stack of geo .com domains suited for business directories and a few other categories that never got developed. If I was considering losing some I always run population and keep the most populated cities as more users and end users in larger cities.

•••
I own a good stack of geo .com domains suited for business directories and a few other categories that never got developed. If I was considering losing some I always run population and keep the most populated cities as more users and end users in larger cities.
That would be my criteria too. But, then again a populous city in a non-english, developing country has less advantage than a less populous city in a english speaking developed country.

•••
Try auction bulk sale here on namepros - start $0.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back