Impact
What’s your name?
A: Neha Gupta

Where do you live?
A: Delhi (India)

What’s your level of expertise?
novice, intermediate, expert, etc.
A: Intermediate

How much experience do you have in the domain industry?
years, experience, etc.
A: 2 years approx.

What would you like to specifically learn first?
how to buy a domain, domain history, best selling strategies, government policies, etc.
A: I have little experience in everything else except knowing government policies so would like to know about it.

Are you currently working on any projects or ideas?
A: Yes more than one actually.

What are your short-term goals in the next year?
A: Scale up and bring more stability.

What are your long-term goals in the next 5 years?
A: To become one of the prominent domain investors.

What was the first domain you purchased?
A: NehaRebels.com

Why did you start investing in domains? Please tell us the story.
A: My journey in the domain industry started after I lost interest in my personal blog neharebels.com it was my first domain and I was letting it expire. I received a call from Godaddy customer care who was requesting and encouraging me to renew the name then suggesting to sell it in GoDaddy auction to earn a profit.

I felt like the universe was planning me to know about the domain industry from generally irritating sales calls and I ended up asking her more about the industry and how it works. I was sure nobody will be interested in buying a domain called “neharebels.com” until a person name is Neha there is a rebel lying deep inside her soul but the idea of buying a right domain to sell it to potential clients got stuck in my head.

I started my research on domain industry and after 6 months of searching over the web about it, I landed nowhere. Only thing I saw was the SEO businesses buy different domain names with good DA and PA to build PBN and I researched on PBN for some time and bought a tool which filtered the domains with good DA and PA and bought two such domains but I had no idea how to sell them.

I felt maybe domain trading is some sort of scam or cybersquatting.

Nevertheless, I continued to do more research on it.

Luckily, in the course of my research, I landed on a website called "DomainSherpa.com” and I started reading it, after which I got more convinced about the domain industry. I kept reading interviews of experts properly
and started learning on my own and gradually, I got confident and I decided to move ahead with this. Meanwhile, I completed my post graduation and I had to join a job like everyone else. But right after 2 days in a job, I resigned and understood it was not my cup of tea. In August 2016, I registered my domain investment company and bought 20 keywords domains based on search volume and CPC. All were hand registered. Which included barbadosfood.com, baraillecode.com and Silklube.com and I tried selling them via outbound but were not successful in selling any one of them. There were some positive responses on some domains but due to an unrealistic price, I ended up selling nothing.

I got quite disappointed and thought this is never going to work out. I was very frustrated and started looking for a job again. But continued research as well and accordingly bought one domain for $10 and Luckily, it got sold for $550. The domain name was BBQStores.com and that’s how my journey with domains started.

That very moment for me was just like- “butterfly breaking her shell to see the world for the first time with her new wings to fly.”

I bought and sold more domain names using the very same strategy. I reinvested my money and experimented every time and bought more high-value domains and sold more domains. Right now, I am pursuing domaining full time with a small team.My company name is “Namaxis Corporation”.Website Address- namaxis.com

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What’s your name?
A: Neha Gupta

Where do you live?
A: Delhi (India)

What’s your level of expertise?
novice, intermediate, expert, etc.
A: Intermediate

How much experience do you have in the domain industry?
years, experience, etc.
A: 2 years approx.

What would you like to specifically learn first?
how to buy a domain, domain history, best selling strategies, government policies, etc.
A: I have little experience in everything else except knowing government policies so would like to know about it.

Are you currently working on any projects or ideas?
A: Yes more than one actually.

What are your short-term goals in the next year?
A: Scale up and bring more stability.

What are your long-term goals in the next 5 years?
A: To become one of the prominent domain investors.

What was the first domain you purchased?
A: NehaRebels.com

Why did you start investing in domains? Please tell us the story.
A: My journey in the domain industry started after I lost interest in my personal blog neharebels.com it was my first domain and I was letting it expire. I received a call from Godaddy customer care who was requesting and encouraging me to renew the name then suggesting to sell it in GoDaddy auction to earn a profit.

I felt like the universe was planning me to know about the domain industry from generally irritating sales calls and I ended up asking her more about the industry and how it works. I was sure nobody will be interested in buying a domain called “neharebels.com” until a person name is Neha there is a rebel lying deep inside her soul but the idea of buying a right domain to sell it to potential clients got stuck in my head.

I started my research on domain industry and after 6 months of searching over the web about it, I landed nowhere. Only thing I saw was the SEO businesses buy different domain names with good DA and PA to build PBN and I researched on PBN for some time and bought a tool which filtered the domains with good DA and PA and bought two such domains but I had no idea how to sell them.

I felt maybe domain trading is some sort of scam or cybersquatting.

Nevertheless, I continued to do more research on it.

Luckily, in the course of my research, I landed on a website called "DomainSherpa.com” and I started reading it, after which I got more convinced about the domain industry. I kept reading interviews of experts properly
and started learning on my own and gradually, I got confident and I decided to move ahead with this. Meanwhile, I completed my post graduation and I had to join a job like everyone else. But right after 2 days in a job, I resigned and understood it was not my cup of tea. In August 2016, I registered my domain investment company and bought 20 keywords domains based on search volume and CPC. All were hand registered. Which included barbadosfood.com, baraillecode.com and Silklube.com and I tried selling them via outbound but were not successful in selling any one of them. There were some positive responses on some domains but due to an unrealistic price, I ended up selling nothing.

I got quite disappointed and thought this is never going to work out. I was very frustrated and started looking for a job again. But continued research as well and accordingly bought one domain for $10 and Luckily, it got sold for $550. The domain name was BBQStores.com and that’s how my journey with domains started.

That very moment for me was just like- “butterfly breaking her shell to see the world for the first time with her new wings to fly.”

I bought and sold more domain names using the very same strategy. I reinvested my money and experimented every time and bought more high-value domains and sold more domains. Right now, I am pursuing domaining full time with a small team.My company name is “Namaxis Corporation”.Website Address- namaxis.com

I'm brand new here. You have been here longer than me. Have you had luck with any selling strategies? if so, I'd like to hear about your experience. Thank you.

•••
I'm brand new here. You have been here longer than me. Have you had luck with any selling strategies? if so, I'd like to hear about your experience. Thank you.
Nice very useful information

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back