Dynadot

Hello - Nice to meet you

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

redfoxdomains

Established Member
Impact
Hi my name is Kate and I live in far northern California.

I'm experienced at marketing, funnels and site building but a novice at domaining.

Over the next few years my goal is to have domaining become a primary focus and income stream. For now I'm learning, testing and networking.

In terms of learning I'm looking for best listing, marketing and selling strategies. My biggest challenge at the moment is figuring out how to list a non-parked domain on Sedo. Who know something so simple could be so frustrating?

I've started RedFoxDomains (dot) com as my main listing site for the domains I own. My focus for 2020 is primarily local focused domains, keyword rich domains with some unique brand-able domains.

Looking forward to networking and collaborating with people.

I'm documenting my journey into a checklist. Let me know in the comments if you'd like to review when it's ready.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Welcome Kate. In this domain name community you will find all the answers to the questions you stated above, right here in Name Pros.:xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
Hello!

NamePros is a large Forum and has a variety of discussions, threads and posts that may assist you in determining the best marketing, selling and listing strategies for your personal domain endeavors.

Welcome to NamePros!

•••
Welcome Kate. In this domain name community you will find all the answers to the questions you stated above, right here in Name Pros.:xf.smile:
Thanks. The trick is to stay focused and actually get some work done. :D Nice to meet you.

•••
Hello!

NamePros is a large Forum and has a variety of discussions, threads and posts that may assist you in determining the best marketing, selling and listing strategies for your personal domain endeavors.

Welcome to NamePros!

Thank you - I'll definitely spend some time exploring.

•••
Thanks. The trick is to stay focused and actually get some work done. :D Nice to meet you.
You have a bunch of community members here with tips on the art of multitasking allowing you to fulfil your need for a day's work.

Last edited:
•••
Hi Kate / @redfoxdomains .. and welcome to NamePros! :)

There certainly is a bit of a learning curve when you start out in domains .. but usually the information isn't too hard to find .. in fact .. sometimes there's too much! lol .. Given your experience in marketing, you should find things a bit easier than most at getting your feet wet.

Considering you've just started, you site isn't that bad. As for your domains ... not horrible .. but maybe a notch below what you'd want in terms of investment grade .. and at least the two you priced weren't too unreasonably high .. I've seen a lot worse from some people's first 5 domains!

Best of luck to you going forward! :)

•••
Hi Kate / @redfoxdomains .. and welcome to NamePros! :)

There certainly is a bit of a learning curve when you start out in domains .. but usually the information isn't too hard to find .. in fact .. sometimes there's too much! lol .. Given your experience in marketing, you should find things a bit easier than most at getting your feet wet.

Considering you've just started, you site isn't that bad. As for your domains ... not horrible .. but maybe a notch below what you'd want in terms of investment grade .. and at least the two you priced weren't too unreasonably high .. I've seen a lot worse from some people's first 5 domains!

Best of luck to you going forward! :)
Thanks. Work in progress for sure. Right now, I'm just learning the ropes and developing systems before I add more. Not big on spending money for sake of spending money. Right now I'm looking for lower cost (quick flip) domains before I dip my toes into true "investment" grade domains.

Appreciate the feedback.

•••
Hi Kate and welcome to nps! I lived in southern ca for a while...wish I had an in n out right now! Losts of info here and a few nice domainer types...take your time buying until you have learned a little.

•••
Right now I'm looking for lower cost (quick flip) domains
First lesson .. lol:
Low cost DOES NOT EQUAL quick flip! ;)

The resell/wholesale market is pretty abysmal in the domain industry. Unless those domains have traffic, no domainer is going to pay more than (or likely even as much as) what you paid for those domains (if you paid anything over $5 .. maybe a few dollars more for P.W.). If you have long term goals for this industry, then go slow .. read tons .. and focus on domains where there multiple potential END-USER buyers! :)

•••
Welcome to NamePros Kate AKA @redfoxdomains!

Your expertise in marketing and site building means that you already have a superb base upon which to build your domain business. I love the RedFoxDomains name you selected for it, and wish you the very best.

Probably the best advice is to start slow and be as disciplined and analytical as possible in your early acquisitions. I really think it is smart that you are going to emphasize niches that you already know.

Best wishes for every success,

Bob

(on west coast but well north of even northern California :xf.wink:, in southern BC)

•••
First lesson .. lol:
Low cost DOES NOT EQUAL quick flip! ;)

The resell/wholesale market is pretty abysmal in the domain industry. Unless those domains have traffic, no domainer is going to pay more than (or likely even as much as) what you paid for those domains (if you paid anything over $5 .. maybe a few dollars more for P.W.). If you have long term goals for this industry, then go slow .. read tons .. and focus on domains where there multiple potential END-USER buyers! :)
Again, thanks for the feedback. I do have a plan in place and I'm following it. Will pivot and adjust as I learn and grow. So appreciate your interaction.

•••
Welcome to NamePros Kate AKA @redfoxdomains!

Your expertise in marketing and site building means that you already have a superb base upon which to build your domain business. I love the RedFoxDomains name you selected for it, and wish you the very best.

Probably the best advice is to start slow and be as disciplined and analytical as possible in your early acquisitions. I really think it is smart that you are going to emphasize niches that you already know.

Best wishes for every success,

Bob

(on west coast but well north of even northern California :xf.wink:, in southern BC)

Thanks Bob. I definitely tend to err on the side of caution (and analytics). My goal for the rest of this month is to have the systems in place that I can grow on. Appreciate the introduction and kind words.

P.S. I love BC

•••
Hi Kate and welcome to nps! I lived in southern ca for a while...wish I had an in n out right now! Losts of info here and a few nice domainer types...take your time buying until you have learned a little.

Thanks. I forget than In and Out isn't everywhere. We just had our 2nd one open up here and the lines were long for days on end.

•••
•••
Hello and welcome to NamePros!:)

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back