Header changed !! WOW

SpaceshipSpaceship
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keral_Patel

I'll do itRestricted (Chatroom)
Impact
1,450
I am seeing a new header layout right now.

It looks cool and neat. And more banner space also :D

am just guessing what will be there in place of aution countdown when the auction is over.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
-RJ- said:
Back to a larger logo, based on early NP'r feedback. Let me know what you think!

I'm really interested in the possibilities for that top right space being used for live event/chat room notifications and I'm looking for some layout ideas for best utilizing that space to do so.


I wans't sure what you meant, but I was bored so I assumed you want someone to submit you an idea for up there? Maybe something like this would be nice, I think its simple but appealing. During a live event, you can put a smaller version of the logo up next to the chat text so people know. Some changes to the valignment may help as well.

ssqc9.gif



Another option:

ss2el3.gif


e39m5
 
Last edited by a moderator:
0
•••
Also it is better noticiable up there.

-db- said:
I like the idea of keeping that upper right area for LIVE updates on various things. It can be used for Auctions, Charity Events, even Holiday/Seasonal stuff.
 
0
•••
Yep, I wouldn't mind seeing some more ideas for making that top corner with the chat information more attractive. My thought was to possibility change the text format, size or layout to be more informative. Maybe utilize a table or graphic for part of it?

Thanks for giving it a shot, e39. Those looks too much like an out of place watermark to me to go that route, but keep those creative juices going. :]
 
0
•••
The two lines of text take up less space than the ad, so it's just pushing everything farther down. I liked the one line of text instead of an ad. :/
 
0
•••
The chat info looks OK to me. It could do with being valigned to the middle, apart from that it's OK.

Illustration (in case that didn't make much sense) ===>

________
^
|
Chat info
|
________V​

Maybe highlight that whole chat info box when there's a live event on (from the "Next" to the "13th" and the other line) in yellow or something, and put a 1 or 2 pixel border around it when you want to get people's attention.....

Logo looks OK now, the "Buy, sell, discuss....." part looks a bit blurry, maybe that's just me lol

:tu:
 
0
•••
Hmm...

ss3oq3.gif


e39m5
 
1
•••
Yeah e39m5, I like that too. Nice, clean and simple... but still highlights the area.

And you have the box valigned (middle from Top to Bottom) as Rob mentioned.

Good work. :tu:
 
0
•••
I agree with above modification, Looks much better with the outter box around the next event.
 
0
•••
I don't mind the new look at all. We'll all get used to it in a day or two. Also, as RJ pointed out, by making extra room he can let a 3rd party manage ads giving us high quality and fresh ads that could actually benefit us, and giving him more time to make improvements on other aspects of the forum.

Peter
 
0
•••
Wow, great, e39m5. That's exactly what I was thinking of. :)

Rep left. I hope RJ likes it, and changes it to that. That ties it into the rest of the design perfectly and looks really professional too.
 
0
•••
very nice e39m5.

When i first saw the new header...I didn't much care for it....But it seems to grow on you :laugh: ...I like it now
 
0
•••
some banners dont have any space underneath them. you need to add space like the picture below.

somespacefv2.gif
 
0
•••
e39m5, I like what you've done there, hope they do it for real.. :tu:
 
0
•••
Just a thought, why not have the adverts so you have 2 of the small ads shown at the bottom with the 468x60 one in the middle...like this:

nproskm3.jpg


It would allow more advertisements at once :)
 
0
•••
rmwebs - 234+234 = 468
468 + 468 = 936 (if I am not mistaken)

Not everyone is on a high resolution like you, plus, allowing for whitespace in the middle and either side... you would need a massive resolution to fit it all in. Otherwise np would spill over either side, and then the forum would stretch and it would be awful and unprofessional.

Tom
 
0
•••
Oh crud...see, thats what using a widescreen does :p
 
0
•••
^^^ Show off! :laugh: ^^^

I bet NP looks really weird in 800x600. ;)
 
0
•••
wth, the index page ad is overpowering the logo?
hmmm, guess it's sposed to. prolly get some accidentals off the nav bar too.
Yea .... it will take some getting used to.
 
0
•••
It looks different now and looks a lot better. I think that, in this case (a forum), it's better to have a normal-sized logo, rather than a very small one. It was impossible to read on my screen, but it looks a lot better now.
 
0
•••
0
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back