NameSilo

Header changed !! WOW

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keral_Patel

I'll do itRestricted (Chatroom)
Impact
1,450
I am seeing a new header layout right now.

It looks cool and neat. And more banner space also :D

am just guessing what will be there in place of aution countdown when the auction is over.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Logo is a little smaller now. Might take some getting used to. I'm still tweaking it a little.
 
0
•••
I prefered the logo before, now I have to squint. Maybe it could be a little bigger? Like 60 pixels high?
 
0
•••
Agreed, its a nice concept, but the logo needs to be a liiitle bit bigger :)

I like the fact that there are now 728x90 banners too :D

Nice work :tu:
 
0
•••
i think it looks very good :D
nice one RJ!

Joe
 
0
•••
Looks a lot more proffesional, nice job!
 
0
•••
I don't like it :) lol

the logo is way too small now, and the ads look out of place really because they aren't as wide as the link bar below it. Maybe you should put the ads in their own purple box, like the nav bar below them. That would make it look slightly better maybe.
 
0
•••
I don't like it at all...

It now looks like the banners are the main aspect of the site.
I really hope it will be returned the way it was!!
 
0
•••
I also don't like it...
The logo is too small...
 
0
•••
I like the old way better. :/
 
0
•••
I don't mind it too much to be honest.

It's good to freshen a site up every now and again, no matter how big or small the change is. :)

Adrian
 
0
•••
microdude431 said:
Header looks a bit small, I like the original size better. Otherwise, I dont mind the placement of the ads on top of the forum.

:imho:

Agreed! I don't mind the new ad sizes/placement, but I think the rest of the header, specifically the logo, should be made the same size it was.

Tom
 
0
•••
I dont like it, looks a bit small and the ad looks out of place
 
0
•••
01wojtowicz said:
I dont like it, looks a bit small and the ad looks out of place
Agreed.

"If it's not broke, don't fix it."
:hehe:
 
0
•••
I'm flattered to hear so many people like our logo enough to want to see it bigger. :)

I thought the smaller size looked more professional, but I will try to make it a little larger and see how it goes. Thanks for the feedback everyone!

RJ
 
0
•••
For me, ad banners do not look out of place at all. In fact, few ads made me interested to click on them to learn about the services offered.

Perfect placing, in my opinion.

GH


01wojtowicz said:
I dont like it, looks a bit small and the ad looks out of place
 
0
•••
Back to a larger logo, based on early NP'r feedback. Let me know what you think!

I'm really interested in the possibilities for that top right space being used for live event/chat room notifications and I'm looking for some layout ideas for best utilizing that space to do so.
 
0
•••
I think the new ads, and their placement are just fine. Advertising is a necessity to keep the forum operating, as this place continues to grow. And I think by making the logo a bit smaller, RJ might have been trying to make up for the extra room/space the ads take up. We should continue to give him feedback, and give him time to tweak.

As a member.. They are not too intrusive, and there's only 1 big ad served at a time (up top).

As an advertiser.. An improvement from before. This placement definitely attracts attention.

:gl:
 
Last edited:
0
•••
-db- said:
And I think by making the logo a bit smaller, RJ might have been trying to make up for the extra room/space the ads take up. We should continue to give him feedback, and give him time to tweak.

That was exactly my intention for shrinking the logo. By moving the "Members in Live Chat" text to the top and reducing the logo size, the entire size of the header + ad remained roughly the same.

We are still an advertiser supported forum and I've no plans to ever start charging a membership fee. I was reluctant to go to a leaderboard sized banner, but doing so allows me to hand over management of that ad space to an outside company and free my time up to focus on better things for the forum.

It should work out well for everyone.

RJ
 
0
•••
I like the idea of keeping that upper right area for LIVE updates on various things. It can be used for Auctions, Charity Events, even Holiday/Seasonal stuff.
 
0
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back