Domain Empire

Have you used Instant domain search ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Debasis

Established Member
Impact
Well i am talking about instantdomainsearch.com

This website is a such an amazing website and having a clean interface to find your next domain and also provides the radio check after clicking the button.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I use it regularly. Easy to use and shows more info than the normal whois search

Last edited:
•••
•••
Thanks, first time to know

•••
It does seem quite nice, but is there a way to make it "less instant"? My head hurts from what is going on on the screen as I type. :-P

•••
always been impressed how fast it works, wonder what technology they use.

•••
always been impressed how fast it works, wonder what technology they use.
Probably domain zones imported in a NoSQL database and then a bunch of queries to check if the generated name is in the database or not, and maybe DNS checks just in case, because these can be a lot faster than registry queries, sometimes

•••
@Debasis glad you like the site! Let us know else we can add to make it better. The pronounce feature idea came from a fan who told us they used Google Translate to hear the names spoken in English.

@Gube has basically got it right: we index a bunch of zone files in memory. We actually do a registry check for .com names with VeriSign after you linger on a result for a second or two, which is why the names will sometimes turn from green to red. (Try eager.com to see this.) This catches unconfigured names which do not appear in the zone file. Anyone know how to get a list of unconfigured names that we can put in the index?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back