Dynadot

Have anyone ever been contacted by famous people?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

rokaska7

Established Member
Impact
Hello, I wonder if anyone of you were approached by any famous, popular people with and offer to your domains? Also, I do not know if this is a correct section for this kind of thread. Maybe, do you know stories?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is an interesting question. No stories yet but a potential one coming up. Recently purchased a firstnamelastname.com of a famous person but the funny thing is that this name is very common and there are hundreds maybe thousands of people with this name.

So technically it does not qualify as a copyright. We are planning to give it to the famous person as a gift though since we admire and look up to this person. Thought it would be pretty cool to do that. Once we do I will definitely be putting up a post about it and how it went =-D

- Will

•••
Good to hear it, I am waiting to get domain in my hands now. The question is, how should I contact them? I mean it's just not like you can google the phone number or email of a famous person that easily.

•••
I have never spoken to Walt Disney but I have sold to Disney Corp in the past.

•••
Well, good for you, SirDrago.

•••
A hip hop producer recently low balled me :D

Don't wanna share name in case he comes back though.

•••
This is an interesting question. No stories yet but a potential one coming up. Recently purchased a firstnamelastname.com of a famous person but the funny thing is that this name is very common and there are hundreds maybe thousands of people with this name.

So technically it does not qualify as a copyright. We are planning to give it to the famous person as a gift though since we admire and look up to this person. Thought it would be pretty cool to do that. Once we do I will definitely be putting up a post about it and how it went =-D

- Will
What's the normal market value of typical firstnamelastname.com? How do you normally value the firstnamelastname.com? Value between $700 to $4000 ?

•••
Ice hockey player approached me a few months ago.

•••
None so far but I hope someone will do in near future.

•••
I'm in touch with one. Playing low ball...

•••
What's the normal market value of typical firstnamelastname.com? How do you normally value the firstnamelastname.com? Value between $700 to $4000 ?

When it comes to names I tend to value it by related sites that have that name within the domain. Also the amount of searches which means how popular the name is. The more searches it has the more popular it is meaning more valuable. Besides that it is pretty tough to put value on them.

The way to look at it is if a name has 110 searches a month I would not get versus one that has 5000 searches a month.

- Will

•••
So far, I haven't been contacted by any celebrity. But thanks for starting this thread. I'll be watching it for interesting learning experiences.

@Willox Perez I have read at NP that FirstnameLastname.com could also bring trouble of UDRP/lawsuit. Of course it is something I haven't tried yet but I do own a firstnamelastname .com domain of a somewhat celebrity, lol.

Thread is here with discussion:
namepros. com/blog/four-famous-politicians-who-dont-own-their-own-domain.901451/#post-5175705

•••
I got an email from a well known domain investor asking for a domain of mine. Low ball offer, and it was probably not him but somebody from his staff :laugh:

•••
A hip hop producer recently low balled me :D

Don't wanna share name in case he comes back though.
Suge knight?
Straight outta Compton!

•••
If you ever watched Jersey Shore then you will remember Sammi Sweetheart. Not to famous now but she was a few years ago. Sold her SammiSweetheart.com for $1,500 which I bought on GD closeouts for 8 bucks a few months earlier. I knew her 15 minutes of fame was fading so decided to cash out quick for a good return.

•••

- Will
Dont give anything away,if anything keep the domain and start a fan cub if you dont want to charge them,and leave the option for them to buy open. I sold a domain to a celebrity for 10 grand ,I bought it for a buck on ebay. These people spend in a day what you make in a year ,the money can help your family ,these people mean really mean nothing to you ,and you to them

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back