IT.COM

discuss Has the .io market dropped it's pants?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

bryzie555

Established Member
Impact
I have started to see sale prices of the .io extension plummet way below the average sale price compared to the previous May/June/July quarter. Is there a reason for this?....

What I've noticed:
  • The average sale price on Flippa sits at around 8-10% of Estibot value for dictionary words
  • 2 word keyword io's are struggling even to reach basic registration cost
  • 3 LLL appear to be on the rise but still selling for pennies compared to what they are worth
Is the everyday investor fearful that this extension has hit it's maximum value threshold? OR
Is there a general consensus of skepticism around whether or not .io 'actually works' ?

Is investing in .io still a good game plan?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I've noticed this when trying to sell a two word .io took a loss on that. The lower prices could be due to an over supply. There seems to be a lot of people selling at the moment.

•••
Answer is no, .io isn't a bad investment or washed up.

If you're talking 2 words then that's the problem. For premium 1 word domains the market is great!

Last edited:
•••
Answer is no, .io isn't a bad investment or washed up.

If you're talking 2 words then that's the problem. For premium 1 word domains the market is great!
I also think so, especially in Tech niches, .io is still one of the best choice among .com or .net.

•••
.io is still hot....random 3l.io and two word domains sells for less.....other tech acronym 3l .io domain names....are still hot.......

•••
I would say, great 3L .io that are selling has zero vowels. 3l .io that are CVC pattern and one word great name. I had received an offered for one of my 3L .io but turned it down. $500 was too cheap. .io where techs begins.

•••
Demand seems to be picking up..esp after the interview of Park.io's owner at domainsherpa. good info there..highly suggest if you're into .io.

I'm recently getting more offers on my best: Native.io

But have turned them all down as only looking for 5 figs on this. So to me it seems to be the opposite of what you've witnessed.

•••
•••
Back