IT.COM

discuss .io - What's all the buzz about?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
We have seen a lot of buzz in .IO domain names. Typically, people have been mentioning how startups are gobbling up a lot of .IO domain names as their preferred place for business and hence, I see a lot of investors investing in this extension.

At the face of it, the sale in .IO does not look that encouraging and I may be terribly wrong here.

DotIO_Sale.png

If you look at the trends or the sale, a lot of them are in 3 figures.
Now comparing this with the registration cost, it is pretty high - $29.

Dot_IO_Reg.png

Given this kind of high registration fee, and low sale value (in general as seen on Namebio), does it make it an investor-friendly extension?

What's your argument around it?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
All sales on the screenshot are domainer auction buys :) just the first name is supposedly purchased by an end-user

Last edited:
•••
Park.io sales are mostly domainers. So, you could consider those wholesale prices.

Apart from that, I would say its like investing in any other extension; for the enduser there's plenty of supply (in the aftermarket), so sales are dependent entirely on quality and luck.

•••
This is the OP's problem in a nutshell - everything they do is cursory - go and check their fly by night appraisals.......

Dive into the data instead of starting clickbait threads........

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Ask anyone who invests in .io privately, they have the highest CTR in the market right now..

By saying this I am attracting unnecessary competition, but right now, .io is the best selling extension based on STR
Even Squadhelp has great STR in .io

.com may have have the highest amount of sales due the sheer amount of volume both at top end as well as low end, but in STR .io beats hand down.
One reason could be that people only buy good names because of the high registration cost, but still, they sell great.

Right now I have increased all my .io in the hopes that the sales that I lose will be compensated by a bigger sale following brandbucket pricing, but here is a secret., $3000 is like the 199 pricing of .co perhaps because most io buyers are tech workers with good existing income.

Also it's been a while since you have been an Abstract Domainer. High time you are a real domainer.

•••
.io extension has a great future because it is used very much in startups and crypto.
.io is not just speculation but it is reality. Like it or not, today if you have a nice .io domain for your business you make a great impression.
Today, Anyone who invests in a top class .io domain at a good price makes a great deal.

Last edited:
•••
Ask anyone who invests in .io privately, they have the highest CTR in the market right now..

By saying this I am attracting unnecessary competition, but right now, .io is the best selling extension based on STR
Even Squadhelp has great STR in .io

.com may have have the highest amount of sales due the sheer amount of volume both at top end as well as low end, but in STR .io beats hand down.
One reason could be that people only buy good names because of the high registration cost, but still, they sell great.

Right now I have increased all my .io in the hopes that the sales that I lose will be compensated by a bigger sale following brandbucket pricing, but here is a secret., $3000 is like the 199 pricing of .co perhaps because most io buyers are tech workers with good existing income.

Also it's been a while since you have been an Abstract Domainer. High time you are a real domainer.
That's a new insight. Then I suppose you really need to get into quality for .io.
How much is a typical holding period that one may be looking at?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back