Dynadot

question Has any tried ns1.dan.com and your own name server? Does that result in 15% commission or 25%?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NameMaxi.com

NameMaxi.com for Domain InvestorsUpgraded Member
Impact
Say If i want to have my own landing page but I still want afternic distribution so I added to AfternIc then changed to my own landing page

I understand that sometimes it will show dan.com lander and sometimes my own landing page.

If the name does get sold on Dan, do they charge 15% or 25%?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If at the time of sales, you are not using DAN/Afternic NS, they charge 25%

•••
Ah I understand that but my question is what happens if I do the following by adding 3 name servers

ns1.sedoparking.com
ns1.exampleserver.com
ns1.dan.com

Will that be a 15% or 25%?

•••
Ah I understand that but my question is what happens if I do the following by adding 3 name servers

ns1.sedoparking.com
ns1.exampleserver.com
ns1.dan.com

DAN / Sedo i believe only capture the two top NS of the domain

If you fill four NS, they only capture the top two

Any other experience guys?

Btw DAN & Sedo server location are in different location.
If you put like your example, some of your visitors might opening DAN lander, some of others might opening Sedo lander

Last edited:
•••

ns1.sedoparking.com
ns1.exampleserver.com
ns1.dan.com

:xf.laugh:

what will show up on the page then?

•••
Randomly one of the landers

•••
You’re making this so much harder than it needs to be.

Use your landers then switch to Afternic if you make a sale there. Commission is calculated when payout is done.

•••
Last edited:
•••

Use your landers then switch to Afternic if you make a sale there. Commission is calculated when payout is done.
Have you really tried it before and it still works out at 15% Commission at payout by Afternic?

•••

Gaming the system is seldom a good idea in the long run.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Gaming the system is seldom a good idea in the long run.

I wouldn’t bother as Afternic landers work better than whatever you’re gonna try anyway, but if people want to shoot themselves I’ll happily load the gun for them.

•••
After GoDaddy resorted to this questionable practice of penalization of free choice, I've seen cases where the domain is being sold on its own lander but the Afternic listing is 10% higher to offset that penalty. Don't mix the DNS or you will get a hefty 25% off your sales price when it takes place on Afternic/GoDaddy.

•••
So the basic question is which is better
Dan or afternic?

•••
I always use bodis to get buyer info...then work it out.
then add lead on dan at 5%

hard to beat ... 25% is absolute disgrace. and someone should be ashamed.

•••
Say If i want to have my own landing page but I still want afternic distribution so I added to AfternIc then changed to my own landing page

I understand that sometimes it will show dan.com lander and sometimes my own landing page.

If the name does get sold on Dan, do they charge 15% or 25%?

While the practice of ns1/2 mixing appears unwise from a TLS and traffic standpoint, did you check to see whether such an arrangement will yield the 15% commission. If you do intend to pursue that strategy, you may want to confirm with DAN, in writing, that this will in fact provide a 15% commission. It's an interesting business strategy, albeit perhaps unwise from a tech standpoint.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back