Dynadot

domains Handshake domains now featured prominently in Namecheap search

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

akos

Top Member
Impact
They may only be testing stuff out but I was quite surprised to see the below display this morning:

Screenshot 2021-09-22 at 13.03.00.png

What are the thoughts on this? Personally, I am a fan of the HNS project and this is a major step imo.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I own some two letter .c and a single letter .js

any value?

•••
Hahaha they can keep trying.

How much are Handshake paying NC for this.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
A great project Handshake is. But resolve first through regular browsers they must.

•••
wash your hands before handshake

•••
I doubt if this blockchain based Handshake domains concept would ever gain traction with established businesses. People are undermining the need for central authority in favor of proprietary extensions which are only going to fragment the name resolver landscape. It would all boil down to how the big techs respond to this bubble. Unless companies like Cloudflare, Google, Amazon recognize those name resolvers these communities would be severely restricted to niche set of users like the deep web.

These TLDs might just end up being as obscure as .onion address which at least does not suffer from name resolver fragmentation. Just my 2 cents.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back