IT.COM

Hand Registrations: The Difference Between Domainers and End Users

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Yesterday, I regged OurBooksForSale [in the king of g's and in my siggy] .com and set up a site for my very small publishing company. It has already been indexed by Google -- I was surprised, to say the least.

I wonder what has happened with the big G's sand bag rules?

I have a theory: this had been a "clean" url -- never been used before, therefore, no dark history following it. Why this longtail had never been registered by an end user, I don't know.

Today, I discovered that the more intuitive OurBookSales (also in the King dotcom) was available, but it has a history (I haven't checked it yet). I regged it, In addition to OurBookSale, and have redirected both (uncloaked) to to the clean url. "Our Book Sale" has a slightly different meaning than "Our Book Sales" -- the singular suggests a bargain bin, while the plural suggests an overall book sales site, but you just never know with web visitors. A few bucks for the singular seemed like a wise move.

I will use the OurBookSales url on business cards, etc. because it "flows" better and is more memorable.

In this particular instance, I'm thinking like an end user. From a purely domaining POV, I probably would NOT have registered any of the above except OurBookSales. OurBooksForSale is the kind of url that isn't exactly organic in terms of direct navigation traffic but can become a destination through end user means.

So, perhaps, this explains a bit how I approach my registrations as end user and reseller.

For those of you who are end users (in addition to being domainers), do you have different criteria for hand registering domains? If so, what are they?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
One thing I do understand about Google's sandbox rules is often they will index the domain initially, before they apply the sandbox rules for it. So I don't think you are out of the woods yet.

Last edited:
•••
One thing I do understand about Google's sandbag rules is often they will index the domain initially, before they apply the sandbag rules for it. So I don't think you are out of the woods yet.

One is NEVER out of the woods with Google.

:)

•••
Domainers get a good EMD with high search/comp/cpc in .com. End users add 123 (something else or reverse order) or get the .co when they're told it will cost them $$$$ and they're only willing to pay registration fees because "it's not fair". :xf.wink:

Then they come back after they realize their mistake and purchase the .com @ or above initial $$$$ offering. :xf.rolleyes:

•••
Lately they seem to index stuff immediately - not the same as ranking it.

People have said there is something like six months of sandbox - time when you are on probation so they can see if you are well-behaved. Sandbox here meaning testing area, not kiddie play area where people build crumbly castles, get sand in their eyes and cry a lot.

Also people say there is an intial bounce of a few days for a new site - I have seen this happen, a new site miraculously appears on the first page of results before sinking to the more realistic page 5 where the work starts - it really is a good ideas to dampen expectations otherwise you are suddenly thrilled, and then think you pissed off the big G when they put you in your place.

I do like the idea of a Google sandbag - does it stop floods or hit you on the head?

•••
[Moved from the wrong section]

Yesterday, I regged OurBooksForSale [in the king of g's and in my siggy] .com and set up a site for my very small publishing company. It has already been indexed by Google -- I was surprised, to say the least.

I wonder what has happened with the big G's sand bag rules?

I have a theory: this had been a "clean" url -- never been used before, therefore, no dark history following it. Why this longtail had never been registered by an end user, I don't know.

Today, I discovered that the more intuitive OurBookSales (also in the King dotcom) was available, but it has a history (I haven't checked it yet). I regged it, In addition to OurBookSale, and have redirected both (uncloaked) to to the clean url. "Our Book Sale" has a slightly different meaning than "Our Book Sales" -- the singular suggests a bargain bin, while the plural suggests an overall book sales site, but you just never know with web visitors. A few bucks for the singular seemed like a wise move.

I will use the OurBookSales url on business cards, etc. because it "flows" better and is more memorable.

In this particular instance, I'm thinking like an end user. From a purely domaining POV, I probably would NOT have registered any of the above except OurBookSales. OurBooksForSale is the kind of url that isn't exactly organic in terms of direct navigation traffic but can become a destination through end user means.

So, perhaps, this explains a bit how I approach my registrations as end user and reseller.

For those of you who are end users (in addition to being domainers), do you have different criteria for hand registering domains? If so, what are they?

Great topic and awesome food for thought.

I for once whenever in end user shoes still try and think like a domainer to get my hands on keyword rich domain name and refrain from junk or anything that has irrelevant terms in the .com :)

Watching this thread and reading opinions!

•••
Not so much for seasoned developers, but good information to know.

As stated by previous posters; when you initially launch a site on a domain Google has not 'discovered' yet you get what they call the 'honeymoon' ranking boost. Slowly but surely this dwindles off onto the wasteland of page 3 or 4 if you are targeting a well searched keyword.

I have also found that this works if you take an old discovered domain and implement all of Google various 'products' with the site. - be prepared for social and make sure you build a social media presence.

As of right now social is a light influencer for SERP but in the next few years it may have a much stronger influence. Spam bots and auto likes make it murky ground right now, but they will figure it all out in time.

I had bought an aged real estate domain and quick flipped it; ranked it #1 for its EMD keywords and sold it quickly for $x,xxx.

Watch your design, use A-B testing, avoid page wasteland; every region on your page counts, they track it.
Using 'webmaster tools' and pinging live content is still effective, although not as strong as it once was.

Good luck with your venture!

•••
That information you just shared is PURE GOLD!

Not so much for seasoned developers, but good information to know.

As stated by previous posters; when you initially launch a site on a domain Google has not 'discovered' yet you get what they call the 'honeymoon' ranking boost. Slowly but surely this dwindles off onto the wasteland of page 3 or 4 if you are targeting a well searched keyword.

I have also found that this works if you take an old discovered domain and implement all of Google various 'products' with the site. - be prepared for social and make sure you build a social media presence.

As of right now social is a light influencer for SERP but in the next few years it may have a much stronger influence. Spam bots and auto likes make it murky ground right now, but they will figure it all out in time.

I had bought an aged real estate domain and quick flipped it; ranked it #1 for its EMD keywords and sold it quickly for $x,xxx.

Watch your design, use A-B testing, avoid page wasteland; every region on your page counts, they track it.
Using 'webmaster tools' and pinging live content is still effective, although not as strong as it once was.

Good luck with your venture!

•••
I have discovered that people who own small businesses often make the mistake of registering a company name that includes their own name and their business category. This is well and good if you have a common name like John Smith.

But setting up a company called something like ArielFinkenbinderDance [dot] com is likely to cause pronunciation and spelling confusion. Something like WeTeachDance [dot] com (not available and not mine) is much more intuitive and memorable for a website and an email address. "We teach dance" is not really a direct navigation name, so it might not be very attractive for a high-rolling domainer, except, perhaps, as a cheapie purchase at Go Daddy auctions.

And, yet, an end user could create a blockbuster business on this domain and beat out the local and even nationwide competition.

One drawback: it's not a very exciting name and doesn't "pop"; it simply describes. So would a dance studio really want to build a brand on "We Teach Dance"?

Doubtful.

So if I were running a dance studio, I would find a name that pops, one that is available as a dotcom or one that I could buy for a reasonable price. Most small businesses will seek something for hand registration, although large businesses may pay 4 or 5 figures.

So, for cheap, Ariel might be willing to buy "We Teach Dance" for a website address and email.

Meanwhile, she could seek her "pop" brand that still incorporates her first name, something like Ariel's Tutu and reg Arielstutu [dot] com. From a domainer's viewpoint, this would be an AWFUL name to register (which is probably why it's still available, so, for your own sake, please don't. Just don't.), but anyone involved in the dance world will understand immediately that this is a business related to dance and that its proprietor is likely named Ariel.

So now Ariel would have both her brand name (Ariel's Tutu) and her descriptive name (We Teach Dance).

Her site name heading: "Ariel's Tutu"
Subtitle: We Teach Dance

I would say that her main URL should be WeTeachDance [dot] com and that email go to info [at] WeTeachDance [dot] com.

ArielsTutu [dot] com should redirect to WeTeachDance [dot] com.

I'm curious: what do you think and how might Google handle this site in its rankings?

•••
If you were to have two domains you would want to get two separate hosting packages for each domain. Google does penalize linkage coming from the same nameservers/I.P.

You would want to run the sites like two separate entities.

In this scenario if you are going to have a single 'main' site it should be "WeTeachDance"; targeting the main high searched keywords and using the NAP (name,address,phone number) SEO strategy of sites competing for the popular local keywords.

ArielsTutu should be run like a personal blog targeting long tail local searches, and having a single prominent nofollow ad link to WeTeachDance on the top left, or right, column.

I have discovered that people who own small businesses often make the mistake of registering a company name that includes their own name and their business category. This is well and good if you have a common name like John Smith.

You are 100% right in this. As you know, it all comes down to availability. I've seen so many corporate businesses run off of LvishINC LavishGroup LavishCo LavishTech etc... meanwhile Lavish [dot] com gets their traffic. Small businesses make even worse domain decisions as you have mentioned. WaynesHomeModelingAndRepair [dot] com is the type of domain choice made by someone who will next get their website at WiX and hire SEO1 [dot] come to do their SEO. To me, that approach is like getting you nutrition exclusively at McDonalds.

Last edited:
•••
To be super technical about it, if you were to have two domains you would want to get two separate hosting packages for each domain. Google does penalize linkage coming from the same nameservers/I.P.

You would want to run the sites like two separate entities.

In this scenario if you are going to have a single 'main' site it should be "WeTeachDance"; targeting the main high searched keywords and using the NAP (name,address,phone number) SEO strategy of sites competing for the popular local keywords.

ArielsTutu should be run like a personal blog targeting long tail local searches, and having a single prominent nofollow ad link to WeTeachDance on the top left, or right, column.

You are 100% right in this. As you know, it all comes down to availability. I've seen so many corporate businesses run off of LvishINC LavishGroup LavishCo LavishTech etc... meanwhile Lavish [dot] com gets their traffic. Small businesses make even worse domain decisions as you have mentioned. WaynesHomeModelingAndRepair [dot] com is the type of domain choice made by someone who will next get their website at WiX and hire SEO1 [dot] come to do their SEO. To me, that approach is like getting you nutrition exclusively at McDonalds.
Following you religiously lol

•••
Building off some of the points @DomainVP made..

Regarding indexing a new site, it can take hours to days. As long as their are no prior penalties, you can get any site indexed equally as fast. Set up a sitemap, add it to webmaster tools, add your domain to social media accounts, and you should have no problem. Essentially, the best way to get your site indexed is to put your url out there as much as possible so that you increase your chances of being crawled by Google's robots.

Indexing your website doesn't really mean squat though for ranking. Sure you can get your website on the first page quicker for a longtail EMD like "TheBestLittleBookstore", but it's going to take authority, quality content, and time for an EMD like "BestBookstore".

It's extremely important to understand the significance SEO plays in domaining if you want to be successful.

I've been buying domains and doing SEO for myself for years, own an SEO agency where I've done SEO for a variety of different types of local/small businesses, and also invest in domains to resell, so I'll try to add as much insight as I can from an enduser/domainer perspective.

1. No matter what anyone says, EMDs are better for an enduser. Especially with geo domains. With every client I have ever had, if the EMD is in use for their keyword, it's in the 7-pack. If optimized well, it's #1 in the 7-pack, and if it's optimized well and has built up age/authority, it's #1 in the 7-pack and organic rankings.

BUT
as a domainer there are only certain instances that an EMD is worth investing in - and most of the good ones have long been taken. To put it simply, the CPC + Search Volume + Competition should all be taken into account. The CPC + Search Volume gives you an idea of if the name is valuable enough for an enduser to justify buying the domain at a premium. The competition tells you if the enduser will benefit from having the EMD vs. some other variation. Specifically, you should be looking at the DA, PA, and domain name of those already ranking for your keyword. (I use MozBar and SEOQuake toolbar to get all of this info instantly)

BUT as an enduser/SEO, there are very few instances that I would ever buy an EMD in .com. As much as I believe in ".COM is King" as a domainer, it's not so much the case as an SEO. The .com, .org, .net are equal to me, and "-" alternatives aren't far behind. If I can get my hands on any of these and the .com is undeveloped sitting in a domainers portfolio, I will be able to outrank the .com no problem once someone else tries to develop it. Of course, you sacrifice the mental .com is more "trusted" aspect, but for the difference in price, I could care less.

2. For e-commerce, web based businesses, and blogs there are very different criteria for registering domains. Contrary to what people like to spout, hand regging domains to resell to endusers in this market is far from dead. If an enduser is naming an online business, they're more than likely going to choose a "brandable" domain name. And to be clear, a "brandable" to me is anything that is not an EMD - namely keyword+word.

So when I hand register a domain to resell, I look at past sales to find a popular keyword, and then attach it to all of the most popular suffixes. (I made a tool to simplify this, but believe me there are tons of good domains available out there.)

Here's an example of what I mean from a few days ago:

I saw that MerchantCard sold for $2,000, so I checked out other sales using the word merchant. I found that in the last year MerchantGuard sold for $3,000, MerchantSquare sold for $4,000, and MerchantConnection sold for $3,000.

So I used my tool to find what "merchant" domains were available and tried to find similar domains to ones that have sold in the past. One of the available domains was MerchantCube/com. It fit the criteria I was looking for, keyword+cube names have sold very well in the past, so I regged it for a whopping $1.99.

3. Then you have the endusers/seos like myself. We make up a HUGE percentage of drop-catchers and are the reason most domains get driven up so high in aftermarket auctions. When we build online businesses or blogs, the name is nowhere near as important as what's behind it.

I won't go into specifics as I'm already rambling, but what I mean by this is the backlink profile, DA, PA, and drop history. If everything passes, and the name isn't completely off-the-wall, I will use it as the name of my next project. You're essentially getting YEARS of work done by someone else, which plays a massive role in ability to rank.

The profits that can be made by rebuilding and monetizing these domains is far greater than what you may be able to get from reselling them. And then you can either flip the website for more profit, or use it to build the most powerful seo tool of all, a PBN.

When building a PBN you would need to follow what VP mentioned earlier about having separate hosting packages for more than 1 website. PBNs are complex and would take hours to describe, but they fuel the competition and high prices in the drop catching arena.

This is also something important to consider when using sites like namebio.com to value domain names. Most of the sales listed are dropped domains that have high price tags because of their profile, NOT the quality of the name itself.

Additionally, you should always do some research on any domain that you decide to purchase from the "deleted" section of expireddomains.net. There is always a good chance that no one caught it because it has been penalized or has a spammy profile, which can really hurt the resell value of the domain.

4. Going back to having more than 1 domain for a website/business, there are a few things to consider. Most importantly, I would advise to AVOID having more than 1 website for the same business. What you can do, however, is use additional domains as a "vanity" url like you mentioned in the OP.

So say a company has a business with an established website, they can redirect a pronouncable/easy to remember url to their website to put on business cards, fliers, ads, etc. By doing this, you can rank an EMD in the .org, .net, with dashes, etc that generates leads and new customers in the search engines, but have another that is used only offline. (ie, Houston-Carpet-Cleaning.com online, SmithCompany.com offline)

Another common online marketing practice is using keyword domains for landing pages that do not have any connection to your primary site. This is the bread and butter for lead-gen businesses. My agency does PPC (adwords) for most of our clients, and I use this method every single time. This is also why you often find long tail domains registered when there is a much cleaner alternative unregistered. So don't be surprised if you buy it and the owner of similar domains has no interest..

The way that this works is you register a keyword rich domain or attention getting domain and use it strictly for lead generation in a PPC campaign. The adwords algorithm is much different than the google algorithm, and domain name criteria is much different as well. In order to get your ad to the top of google's ads, they use a site relevance ranking that assesses how well it fits the search term that was entered. Go type in a competitive term and you'll notice that all of the websites in the ads are exactly the same. Single page, basic layout, stuffed with keywords, and a HUGE opt-in form.

A quick random example of this, I typed in "Title Loan". The domains that appear on top of the ads are findatitleloans.com, overnighttitleloan.com, and 15minutetitleloan.com. Each have nearly identical layouts, are not the names of actual businesses, and belong to a much larger entity. A quick whoisology check of 15minutetitleloan.com shows you the owner is Quick Cash, and they also own 113 other domains that are all some variation of title loans. So while you may be able to flip domains like this to lead gen sites if you can actually get a hold of someone with authority, you will almost never be able to resell them for a decent markup.
I could add much more, but I think I'll go ahead and stop there haha. Hope some of this info was able to help some of you guys!

•••
Excellent! Total Domains,I'm not an SEO person,I'm a businessman,so your info and openness is to be applauded.THIS is what I call real info and a great thread.

•••
Building off some of the points @DomainVP made..

Regarding indexing a new site, it can take hours to days. As long as their are no prior penalties, you can get any site indexed equally as fast. Set up a sitemap, add it to webmaster tools, add your domain to social media accounts, and you should have no problem. Essentially, the best way to get your site indexed is to put your url out there as much as possible so that you increase your chances of being crawled by Google's robots.

Indexing your website doesn't really mean squat though for ranking. Sure you can get your website on the first page quicker for a longtail EMD like "TheBestLittleBookstore", but it's going to take authority, quality content, and time for an EMD like "BestBookstore".

It's extremely important to understand the significance SEO plays in domaining if you want to be successful.

I've been buying domains and doing SEO for myself for years, own an SEO agency where I've done SEO for a variety of different types of local/small businesses, and also invest in domains to resell, so I'll try to add as much insight as I can from an enduser/domainer perspective.

1. No matter what anyone says, EMDs are better for an enduser. Especially with geo domains. With every client I have ever had, if the EMD is in use for their keyword, it's in the 7-pack. If optimized well, it's #1 in the 7-pack, and if it's optimized well and has built up age/authority, it's #1 in the 7-pack and organic rankings.

BUT
as a domainer there are only certain instances that an EMD is worth investing in - and most of the good ones have long been taken. To put it simply, the CPC + Search Volume + Competition should all be taken into account. The CPC + Search Volume gives you an idea of if the name is valuable enough for an enduser to justify buying the domain at a premium. The competition tells you if the enduser will benefit from having the EMD vs. some other variation. Specifically, you should be looking at the DA, PA, and domain name of those already ranking for your keyword. (I use MozBar and SEOQuake toolbar to get all of this info instantly)

BUT as an enduser/SEO, there are very few instances that I would ever buy an EMD in .com. As much as I believe in ".COM is King" as a domainer, it's not so much the case as an SEO. The .com, .org, .net are equal to me, and "-" alternatives aren't far behind. If I can get my hands on any of these and the .com is undeveloped sitting in a domainers portfolio, I will be able to outrank the .com no problem once someone else tries to develop it. Of course, you sacrifice the mental .com is more "trusted" aspect, but for the difference in price, I could care less.

2. For e-commerce, web based businesses, and blogs there are very different criteria for registering domains. Contrary to what people like to spout, hand regging domains to resell to endusers in this market is far from dead. If an enduser is naming an online business, they're more than likely going to choose a "brandable" domain name. And to be clear, a "brandable" to me is anything that is not an EMD - namely keyword+word.

So when I hand register a domain to resell, I look at past sales to find a popular keyword, and then attach it to all of the most popular suffixes. (I made a tool to simplify this, but believe me there are tons of good domains available out there.)

Here's an example of what I mean from a few days ago:

I saw that MerchantCard sold for $2,000, so I checked out other sales using the word merchant. I found that in the last year MerchantGuard sold for $3,000, MerchantSquare sold for $4,000, and MerchantConnection sold for $3,000.

So I used my tool to find what "merchant" domains were available and tried to find similar domains to ones that have sold in the past. One of the available domains was MerchantCube/com. It fit the criteria I was looking for, keyword+cube names have sold very well in the past, so I regged it for a whopping $1.99.

3. Then you have the endusers/seos like myself. We make up a HUGE percentage of drop-catchers and are the reason most domains get driven up so high in aftermarket auctions. When we build online businesses or blogs, the name is nowhere near as important as what's behind it.

I won't go into specifics as I'm already rambling, but what I mean by this is the backlink profile, DA, PA, and drop history. If everything passes, and the name isn't completely off-the-wall, I will use it as the name of my next project. You're essentially getting YEARS of work done by someone else, which plays a massive role in ability to rank.

The profits that can be made by rebuilding and monetizing these domains is far greater than what you may be able to get from reselling them. And then you can either flip the website for more profit, or use it to build the most powerful seo tool of all, a PBN.

When building a PBN you would need to follow what VP mentioned earlier about having separate hosting packages for more than 1 website. PBNs are complex and would take hours to describe, but they fuel the competition and high prices in the drop catching arena.

This is also something important to consider when using sites like namebio.com to value domain names. Most of the sales listed are dropped domains that have high price tags because of their profile, NOT the quality of the name itself.

Additionally, you should always do some research on any domain that you decide to purchase from the "deleted" section of expireddomains.net. There is always a good chance that no one caught it because it has been penalized or has a spammy profile, which can really hurt the resell value of the domain.

4. Going back to having more than 1 domain for a website/business, there are a few things to consider. Most importantly, I would advise to AVOID having more than 1 website for the same business. What you can do, however, is use additional domains as a "vanity" url like you mentioned in the OP.

So say a company has a business with an established website, they can redirect a pronouncable/easy to remember url to their website to put on business cards, fliers, ads, etc. By doing this, you can rank an EMD in the .org, .net, with dashes, etc that generates leads and new customers in the search engines, but have another that is used only offline. (ie, Houston-Carpet-Cleaning.com online, SmithCompany.com offline)

Another common online marketing practice is using keyword domains for landing pages that do not have any connection to your primary site. This is the bread and butter for lead-gen businesses. My agency does PPC (adwords) for most of our clients, and I use this method every single time. This is also why you often find long tail domains registered when there is a much cleaner alternative unregistered. So don't be surprised if you buy it and the owner of similar domains has no interest..

The way that this works is you register a keyword rich domain or attention getting domain and use it strictly for lead generation in a PPC campaign. The adwords algorithm is much different than the google algorithm, and domain name criteria is much different as well. In order to get your ad to the top of google's ads, they use a site relevance ranking that assesses how well it fits the search term that was entered. Go type in a competitive term and you'll notice that all of the websites in the ads are exactly the same. Single page, basic layout, stuffed with keywords, and a HUGE opt-in form.

A quick random example of this, I typed in "Title Loan". The domains that appear on top of the ads are findatitleloans.com, overnighttitleloan.com, and 15minutetitleloan.com. Each have nearly identical layouts, are not the names of actual businesses, and belong to a much larger entity. A quick whoisology check of 15minutetitleloan.com shows you the owner is Quick Cash, and they also own 113 other domains that are all some variation of title loans. So while you may be able to flip domains like this to lead gen sites if you can actually get a hold of someone with authority, you will almost never be able to resell them for a decent markup.
I could add much more, but I think I'll go ahead and stop there haha. Hope some of this info was able to help some of you guys!

Excellent information and beautifully written.

Number 4 (bolded) is particularly interesting and probably why I have seen a lot of "dead" URLs, but when I check Whois, I discover it's being used as an email address. I always thought redirects were fine as long as they aren't masked (cloaked). I get why cloaked domains may cause a problem for the search engines, but if it's clear that the domain is in the owner's vertical and that the owner isn't trying to "fool" anyone, why might Google and others have a problem with such redirects?

Is this why some large companies hold awesome generics and then just sit on them?

As you can see, I'm no expert in SEO; I just try to follow logic.

Thanks, TotalWebsites, for taking the time to share some of your expertise!

•••
Excellent information and beautifully written.

Number 4 (bolded) is particularly interesting and probably why I have seen a lot of "dead" URLs, but when I check Whois, I discover it's being used as an email address. I always thought redirects were fine as long as they aren't masked (cloaked). I get why cloaked domains may cause a problem for the search engines, but if it's clear that the domain is in the owner's vertical and that the owner isn't trying to "fool" anyone, why might Google and others have a problem with such redirects?

Is this why some large companies hold awesome generics and then just sit on them?

As you can see, I'm no expert in SEO; I just try to follow logic.

Thanks, TotalWebsites, for taking the time to share some of your expertise!

I'm not sure I follow. Google doesn't have a problem with redirects of one domain name to another using a 301 redirect to your primary domain. This is what I was referring to as a "vanity" url. It's purpose is solely for marketing and offline promotion because it's easier to remember, clever, pronounceable, etc.

Say there was a Dallas lawyer that ranks well in search engines using dallas-criminal-lawyer.com. When they do advertisements on the radio, it would be stupid to have them say "Visit Dallas dash criminal dash lawyer dot com today!" So instead they reg something like winmycase.com and redirect it to dallas-criminal-lawyer.com. Now when they play their add, it's "Visit win my case dot com today!" which is easy to remember and pronounce, but still brings them to their main site.

The problem with multiple domains comes in primarily when they are used to backlink to each other. There are a few other specific instances that could be troublesome, but it would be ideal to only have one actual developed website for your business anyways. No use in distributing links and authority across multiple sites when you could have it all on one big authority site. Makes life and ranking much easier in the long run!

•••
Very nice information in this thread, thanks all.

•••
Oh, okay, TotalWebsites.

I misunderstood.

So redirecting is okay (I always choose the permanent option, LOL), just not in a deceitful manner.

So the companies that sit on awesome generics without redirecting them to their main website are missing out on fantastic traffic.

:)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back