Hand Registration Contest February 2019 DOT COM only

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Want2learn

Top Member
Impact
I have an idea! Who wants to have a contest and see who can make the best hand registration during the month of February? You have to create it during the month of February. As long as it says created 2/2019 it could have been a name born before that died and lost its age. Let me be clear, for my February contest the name has to be a new hand reg.
Any sponsors in the house? @namesilo @Epik.com @toughdomains @NameJetGM @name.com

Here are the rules of this DOT COM HAND REG FEBRUARY 2019 contest:
1. Hand registration during the month of February 2019
2. You may submit up to 3 domain names.
3. Each name must have its OWN reply, so if you want to submit 3 names, submit three replies
4. I am excluding myself from entering the contest since I am the judge!
5. I will narrow down to 3 names, and pick the winner.

What do you win?
Number one, props and clout here at Namepros.
I will personally pay up to $10 to add an extra year on the domain. That means dot com only for this contest.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
OGREGROUP

Ogre//Group//com

•••
@Want2learn Name.com will throw in $100 in account credit to the winner.
Wow that is awesome. I so appreciate that and I know the others do as well. I feel a little added pressure to not muck it up too bad as they say!!

•••
•••
Tastay[]com - brandable from tasty

•••
•••
•••
•••
PlipIt.com - don't GOOGOO it, PLIP IT!

•••
its already March 1st here, but I registered this in February, so just in case it qualifies:

Captjure.JPG

•••
In 11 minutes it will be 3/1/19 where I am located!

•••
It's tough for me to narrow it down to just 3 entries, but here goes...

Entry #1: I/n/t/e/r/W/a/l/l/e/t/s/ .com

•••
Now, as they say, data is the new oil.

So this afternoon I snagged, E/d/i/s/o/n/D/a/t/a/ .com

•••
As for my final entry, I've got: W/i/s/e/P/r/o/f/ .com

Last edited:
•••
Contest Entries Closed!

About to do my final evals!

Let me relist the names that have made the final cut . . . momentarily!

•••
I want to bring one thing up . . .

privateinquiry.com Domain History February 2019
Domain name registration and hosting history for privateinquiry.com from 2000 to present. This record is based on the nameserver (DNS) history of the domain name.

Domain Hosting History - Search Domain Name History from 2000 to 2019
Domain Hosting History
.com .net .org .biz .info .mobi .asia .ie .eu .co.uk .de and new gTLDs

privateinquiry.com Domain Hosting History - HosterStats.com
Old Hoster New Hoster Month / Year Zone Date Transaction
DOMAINPARKINGSERVER.NET N/A January 2019 2019-02-01 Deleted
HOSTMONSTER.COM DOMAINPARKINGSERVER.NET December 2018 2019-01-01 Transfer
RCTHOST.COM HOSTMONSTER.COM April 2008 2008-05-01 Transfer
RCTHOST.NET RCTHOST.COM July 2006 2006-08-01 Transfer
N/A RCTHOST.NET December 2004 2005-01-01 New
ULTSEARCH.COM N/A November 2003 2003-12-01 Deleted
N/A ULTSEARCH.COM December 2002 2003-01-01 New
ULTSEARCH.COM N/A November 2002 2002-12-01 Deleted
N/A ULTSEARCH.COM November 2001 2001-12-09 New
DNSI.NET N/A September-October 2001 2001-11-04 Deleted
DNSI.NET N/A December 2000 Epoch

This does not "feel" like a new hand registration to me. Would the consensus say it is a new hand reg?

It isn't my winner, but I wanted to bring this up now . . . have some dialogue . . . try and make the competition better next month!

•••
I want to bring one thing up . . .

privateinquiry.com Domain History February 2019
Domain name registration and hosting history for privateinquiry.com from 2000 to present. This record is based on the nameserver (DNS) history of the domain name.

Domain Hosting History - Search Domain Name History from 2000 to 2019
Domain Hosting History
.com .net .org .biz .info .mobi .asia .ie .eu .co.uk .de and new gTLDs

privateinquiry.com Domain Hosting History - HosterStats.com
Old Hoster New Hoster Month / Year Zone Date Transaction
DOMAINPARKINGSERVER.NET N/A January 2019 2019-02-01 Deleted
HOSTMONSTER.COM DOMAINPARKINGSERVER.NET December 2018 2019-01-01 Transfer
RCTHOST.COM HOSTMONSTER.COM April 2008 2008-05-01 Transfer
RCTHOST.NET RCTHOST.COM July 2006 2006-08-01 Transfer
N/A RCTHOST.NET December 2004 2005-01-01 New
ULTSEARCH.COM N/A November 2003 2003-12-01 Deleted
N/A ULTSEARCH.COM December 2002 2003-01-01 New
ULTSEARCH.COM N/A November 2002 2002-12-01 Deleted
N/A ULTSEARCH.COM November 2001 2001-12-09 New
DNSI.NET N/A September-October 2001 2001-11-04 Deleted
DNSI.NET N/A December 2000 Epoch

This does not "feel" like a new hand registration to me. Would the consensus say it is a new hand reg?

It isn't my winner, but I wanted to bring this up now . . . have some dialogue . . . try and make the competition better next month!

Well, the thing is, I reg'd it just today along with my 2nd submission. It's in my NetSol account right this moment. ... But if you have any doubt, I swapped it out for another one of my reg'd domains from the month of February: W/i/s/e/P/r/o/f/ .com

•••
I liked OgreGroup, PrivateInquiry, HempMedy, ChocolateBucket, CypherQuest, and WinnerStand. Only WinnerStand moves on though to my top ten. Updated list coming soon.

•••
AgricoSolutions com
BikesAbout com
Defendster com
FastFoodVans.com
Petnuts com
Refreshened com
Smartfury.com
Winsomelife com
WinnerStand.com
XrDiagnostics com

•••
This is a bit tougher than I thought. There have been some really nice names submitted. It is awesome seeing the creativity and maybe even niches you all have carved out.

Well I am ready to announce my final 3! Ill then sleep on it, and let everyone know what I decided!!!

AgriCoSolutions com
BikesAbout com
XrDiagnostics com

•••
Hello,

Congratulations Everyone !

Everyone worked extreme hard and now is a proud .com owner...

Good luck and all the best for next time.

Regards,

Puneet

•••
This is a bit tougher than I thought. There have been some really nice names submitted. It is awesome seeing the creativity and maybe even niches you all have carved out.

Well I am ready to announce my final 3! Ill then sleep on it, and let everyone know what I decided!!!

AgriCoSolutions com
BikesAbout com
XrDiagnostics com

Sorry to mess things up at the last moment but after thinking about the ethics of seeking sponsorships via Twitter this week for the contest, and one of the registrars I tagged, Name.com kindly provided the $100 support for the contest, I think that it is best if I do not potentially benefit from this, at least this month. Therefore I would request that you withdraw my one submission, BikesAbout.com, and replace it with another worthy entry from the final list.

I would, on behalf of all of us, like to thank you for organizing the contest, @Want2learn. There have been many many wonderful entries, just showing that hand regging is alive and well. I think we all learned from the thread and contest.

It is your contest and totally up to you, but my personal opinion is that you should, assuming that Name.com are OK with it, not give the whole amount this month, but split it up say $20 per prize over 5 months, or something like that. Loads of people took part when they thought that it was only $10 prize so I think it is mainly not the money.

Finally, just wanted to thank once more @Jared Ewy and Name.com for the sponsorship of the contest. It is very generous and shows your company is interested in supporting grass roots efforts of domainers.

Thanks everyone!

Bob

(sorry for not notifying you yesterday when the Name.com sponsorship was announced)

ps Edit: I meant to add that it meant a lot to me that BikesAbout was in the final few. I still love my name,, although when I mentioned it to my wife she thought it was terrible :xf.frown:.Hopefully I will sell it and win the ultimate contest for any hand registration! :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
Hopefully I will sell it and win the ultimate contest for any hand registration!
This.

Let's see how many of the names here sell. I think that is the ultimate win.

Last edited:
•••
First things first:

Congratulations!!!!!!!
AgriCoSolutions dot com is my winner for the month of February.

Let me confer with Name dot com to see how @Jared Ewy and company want to handle the $100. FWIW I was planning to do at least one more month of this contest. I liked it.

I think there is another person that wanted to contribute something as well.

Anyways I’ll get logistics settled later. I’m running errands now. 😎

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back