Domain Empire

advice Hand Reg'd LLNN.com, in two days 40 hits from China, what do?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Derek Guad

Established Member
Impact
Hello all,

I hand reg'd a LLNN.com about a week ago, and in two days from the reg, 40 hits from China and a couple more from other countries.

Is this significant? How soon after I reg can I sell? Should I use 4cn or another service?

Thanks in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It is significant insomuch the interest in LLNN is on the rise - along with their price.
The time allowed before a push or a transfer can occur varies among registrars.
4.cn will only allow domains that are a minimum of 75 days old to be auctioned on their platform.

Random LLNN are not attracting big dollars as yet - so auction fees and such may take a sizeable chunk out of the profit margin of a recent registration.

I would think Namepros is as good a place as any, and better than most, if you're after a quick flip.

Some recent LLNN sales show on Namebio here.

•••
Thank you very much Fuzzy.

So, to clarify, I shouldn't take any action as of yet?

Thanks

•••
I would be holding it for now Derek.

•••
Thank you fuzzy! Much appreciated!

•••
Should one put up a parking page indicating it is for sale and perhaps a minimum price to reduce low ballers? Include a contact email or if they don't know enough to do a whois it's best not to deal with them?

•••
Thank you bobbarato!! I did, I am just saying out of all my names parked that one has got so much direct traffic.

•••
LLNN's get a lot of direct traffic because of the increased interest in them. I have a feeling that inexperienced buyers are just typing them in to see if they are available.

•••
Check it on Wayback - most of my 4Char .coms and .nets of mixed L&N get lots of traffic from China. Often they show as having been an Asian website first around back in 2004-2005

•••
Check it on Wayback - most of my 4Char .coms and .nets of mixed L&N get lots of traffic from China. Often they show as having been an Asian website first around back in 2004-2005

Thats very true, and good advice. I still get traffic from links from their old websites on my LLNNs - but most of the traffic is direct.

•••
@DomainVP I wouldn't consider myself experienced by any stretch of the imagination, not yet at least. But I am not oblivious, not completely. B-)

@Raindrops I did that! Mine showed up some Chinese websites as well. A lot of 5L ones are, even some 5L non-chips! :!: I love seeing the history of domains and how others interpreted them.

Thank you both for your input!

•••
@DomainVP I wouldn't consider myself experienced by any stretch of the imagination, not yet at least. But I am not oblivious, not completely. B-)

That wasn't an evaluation of you, just letting you know where some of the traffic you are seeing is coming from.

•••
:alien3::alien2:B-) I see. I appreciate the links in your signature @DomainVP - good threads. I am excited to see where this goes

•••
I think that 20 hits a day is not so significant. Probably it rely on a few backlinks holding there. just my 2c

•••
•••
•••
Good discussion.

How about LLLN.com and NLLL.com domains?

•••
To my understanding @Hyder, aim for pronounceable LLL's and a chinese premium number (no 0 or 4)

•••
are all LLNN.com registered ?

•••
•••
LLLN and NLLL .com domains still exist. atleast 25% of them I guess.

I'm betting on these as these are short 4L domains

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back