NameSilo

strategy Hand Reg Stratagies

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
I've been hand registering domains for about a year now, and like anything else in life, practice makes for improvement. Recently I've been accumulating domains for the pot industry to include names that represent marijuana, cannabis, hemp, weed, etc. While most of the real good names are gone, one of my strategies is to add high value word to a domain you might like to own. For example, the names Cannabiz.com and HempOil.com were sold, but I was able to add the high value word "express" to each of these names in order to purchase them. So I'm the new prowd owner of CannabizExpress.com and HempOilExpress.com.

This is an example of just one of my strategies, and I'm willing to share more if there's interest. Anyone else have a strategy?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for the update @Bulloney in your reply to @Joe Nichols. I totally support the idea of placing higher priority on a family wedding, especially of a godson, than plans for a domain event! I think finding balance in time and life is important for us all.

CarMemories idea is interesting and I hope it works out for you. It seems specialized, but I do see the potential. I think having someone outside domain names is key to getting interest in innovative domain ideas, and the fact you have a celebrity on board will be a big plus.

I hope that you or others will do a tradeshow along the golf plans line. I think we will all be able to learn from the experience. I have tried to think of ways to do it in a small way in some area that I hold domains in, but they all seem to have too high cost barrier for my current risk tolerance.

I think the best prospects in trade shows are for those who invest in geo domains, since many of your potential customers are all in the same area. Ever since I read about pop up promotion (by this I don't mean internet pop ups, but temporary physical promotion vans, tables, structures etc. along the lines of those in these images).

Having expertise on board for the diet related names sounds super smart to me! The zero seems strange, but maybe Coke can come online for a diet that has their Coke Zero as part of it? Just joking, I think. Good luck! No doubt diet continues to be hot area.

Best wishes, and thanks for the detailed response @Bulloney.

Bob

Here's an explanation from the Mayo Clinic about the NoCalDiet and ZeroCalDiet idea: https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-...t-answers/negative-calorie-foods/faq-20058260 The study is that some foods, mostly vegetables and fruits actually burn more calories to digest than are in the foods to start with. This said, it's not a diet that will sustain life, but rather a means by which to jump start a diet that makes more sense. The reason I'm interested in promoting it is that most all diets are merely fads and are unsustainable, and this way to start a diet with mostly vegetable and fruits just makes sense to me. I'm a pretty big guy...6' and weigh 230lbs, and since I've worked out all my life, I'm guessing I'd loose from 15-20 lbs the first week before I settled into a more sustainable diet.

With regards to the trade show booth for the golf tournament, not only was it reasonably priced ( just $600), it would have had a pretty large audience of golf enthusiasts consisting of doctors, lawyers, bankers and business owners from all over the world. I point out the demographic make up of the audience because not only might they be interested in investing in golf domains, but domains for other industries as well.

Bob, thanks for taking an interest in my plans for this industry....it's my honest opinion that there just has to be a better and smarter way. Cheers!

•••
Here's an explanation from the Mayo Clinic about the NoCalDiet and ZeroCalDiet idea: https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-...t-answers/negative-calorie-foods/faq-20058260 The study is that some foods, mostly vegetables and fruits actually burn more calories to digest than are in the foods to start with. This said, it's not a diet that will sustain life, but rather a means by which to jump start a diet that makes more sense. The reason I'm interested in promoting it is that most all diets are merely fads and are unsustainable, and this way to start a diet with mostly vegetable and fruits just makes sense to me. I'm a pretty big guy...6' and weigh 230lbs, and since I've worked out all my life, I'm guessing I'd loose from 15-20 lbs the first week before I settled into a more sustainable diet.

With regards to the trade show booth for the golf tournament, not only was it reasonably priced ( just $600), it would have had a pretty large audience of golf enthusiasts consisting of doctors, lawyers, bankers and business owners from all over the world. I point out the demographic make up of the audience because not only might they be interested in investing in golf domains, but domains for other industries as well.

Bob, thanks for taking an interest in my plans for this industry....it's my honest opinion that there just has to be a better and smarter way. Cheers!
That link says nothing about a 0 calorie diet :ROFL:

•••
Hey @Bulloney just wondering if you are willing to invest in some relatively cheap aftermarket domains since it seems you don't need to control your spending. Us poor fellow domainers go for handregs because we're broke and haven't had a single sale to use its funds to go for previously registered aftermarket domains.

Another question: how many "rx" domains do you have in your portfolio right now?
Ja Ha...I'm not interested in buying/investing in any aftermarket domains. Maybe someday, but it just doesn't fit my business strategy.

As for how many Rx domains do I own? Twenty-one to be precise....ranging from Rx.rentals (rentals for DME) to the latest one I bought today FinityRx. I have about 30 more listed on my legal pad of which maybe a half dozen are "decent"O_o

•••
•••
Generally, my strategy is to not hand reg because they are drawn from a cesspool.

I think some here on NP have Compulsive Hand Reg Disorder (CHRD). They could use support and help to break the habit.

It's no different to hoarding something of no value to anyone else, for example Pringle cans.

I probably register 1-5 a year. My last was, BuyABetter.com

I reckon slogans and expressions might be a decent area in the cesspool with slightly cleaner water.

Compulsive Hand Reg Disorder (CHRD) thanks I need rehab :ROFL::xf.laugh::ROFL::xf.laugh::ROFL::xf.laugh::ROFL::xf.laugh:

•••
•••
Generally, my strategy is to not hand reg because they are drawn from a cesspool.
Every expire becomes a hand-reg. Its just that we know it was once a registered domain. Hand reg'd expires sell like crazy.

•••
A zero calorie diet is the most stupid thing I'll hear today, maybe this month.

Doesn't seem very sustainable, is it targeted at people contemplating suicide? Not a very ethical demographic to target IMO

I am not an expert in this, but I think the term zero diet is used in at least two of the following contexts.
  1. One is in the sense of eat healthy, exercise but without being on a diet. See for example this site called Zero Diet.
  2. A diet that includes a lot of foods that are almost zero calorie (along with others of course for balance). WebMD have an article on that here.
  3. A diet where you fast for certain days and eat whatever others. To me this idea seems unhealthy and crazy but it was all the craze about a year or two ago, although I don't think it used the zero moniker. They are usually called intermittent fasting diets. The name zero diet would work for it as well, as my understanding is that on certain days you do only drink water.
  4. Due to the popularity of the book book by David Zinczenko "Zero Belly Diet" many of the searches on the term are related to that.
I don't want to get involved in this debate (I don't invest in diet domains of any kind), but just wanted to point out that there are some alternative meanings for the term. If you search the term 'zero diet' without quotes there are about 160 million results, with the top ones generally related to (1) and (4) on my list above.

Edit: While composing and posting this I see the OP has mentioned one of these, but I decided to leave my post as it was written with all 4 of the possible meanings I saw for the term.

ps I am trying to be on a domain registration diet. Does anyone know if there are pills or therapies to help me with that? :xf.wink:

pps note added: 'zero calorie diet' from here in Canada has about 19 million Google results, most of the top ones seeming to be in the meaning of 2 on my list.

Last edited:
•••
I am not an expert in this, but I think the term zero diet is used in at least two of the following contexts.
  1. One is in the sense of eat healthy, exercise but without being on a diet. See for example this site called Zero Diet.
  2. A diet that includes a lot of foods that are almost zero calorie (along with others of course for balance). WebMD have an article on that here.
  3. A diet where you fast for certain days and eat whatever others. To me this idea seems unhealthy and crazy but it was all the craze about a year or two ago, although I don't think it used the zero moniker. They are usually called intermittent fasting diets. The name zero diet would work for it as well, as my understanding is that on certain days you do only drink water.
  4. Due to the popularity of the book book by David Zinczenko "Zero Belly Diet" many of the searches on the term are related to that.
I don't want to get involved in this debate (I don't invest in diet domains of any kind), but just wanted to point out that there are some alternative meanings for the term. If you search the term 'zero diet' without quotes there are about 160 million results, with the top ones generally related to (1) and (4) on my list above.

Edit: While composing and posting this I see the OP has mentioned one of these, but I decided to leave my post as it was written with all 4 of the possible meanings I saw for the term.
Ok, to you to... A 'zero diet' is far different to a 'zero calorie diet'. These things matter, especially in domain names.

•••
Anyone that wants domains that are "valued" by GD for $1,100 to $1,500 then send me a DM. They'll cost you about $5 to $11 each and I'll send you a new list of 200 domains every single day for just a $100 flat fee.

That's right folks! What a deal.

•••
"a local TV celebrity who is helping me with it."

"I'm working with a Ph.d in nutrition and her employer."

The 4 day golf event that he talked about, was working with an LPGA member. Again, you could have attended the other 3 days.

Well, that all sounds believable.

All that help = 0 sales.

I'm a pretty big guy...6' and weigh 230lbs, and since I've worked out all my life, I'm guessing I'd loose from 15-20 lbs the first week before I settled into a more sustainable diet.!

Why guess? Try it out. You say 1 week, give it 1 week, post the results. Most of that kind of stuff isn't sustainable. Some may make a go of it for a few weeks/month. But you can simply track your food with something like a MyFitnessPal, it's basically calories in/calories out as far as the number you see on the scale, lifting weights will help. You can eat your favorite foods and lose weight, just track it.

Last edited:
•••
Anyone that wants domains that are "valued" by GD for $1,100 to $1,500 then send me a DM. They'll cost you about $5 to $11 each and I'll send you a new list of 200 domains every single day for just a $100 flat fee.

LOL,
I would not be surprised if someone actually takes you up on that offer.

Last edited:
•••
In light of the zero cal debate I should also add that if you are going the handreg route, I would advise that you pick names in niches you are familiar with. Otherwise the risk is very high that you will end up with domain names that nobody wants and you can't even use them since it's not an industry you are familiar with. Again, ask yourself why the names are still unregistered in the first place and how you could personally put them to good use. If you don't know, it's unlikely that somebody else will.

•••
In light of the zero cal debate I should also add that if you are going the handreg route, I would advise that you pick names in niches you are familiar with. Otherwise the risk is very high that you will end up with domain names that nobody wants and you can't even use them since it's not an industry you are familiar with. Again, ask yourself why the names are still unregistered in the first place and how you could personally put them to good use. If you don't know, it's unlikely that somebody else will.
Definitely agree with that advice but I would like to add that often domains are being used by endusers in niches that the original registrant never thought of. :xf.smile:

•••
It is very hard to get good hand regs these days when you compare it to for example back in 2016, but it is still possible to find names that can be flipped for considerable profit since even a $1 is profit :D

I have seen some members here sell handregged names for 133 - 250 almost all the time and I believe the reason is because the amount is not that much for an enduser to pay.

In a way it can be a way to get quick cashflow if managed well.

•••
Of course you can hand register great names. Just need to put the work in.

•••
My hand reg domain NinjaMotel.com and namerific accepted.

•••
•••
My hand reg domain NinjaMotel.com and namerific accepted.
Speaking of hand reg and Namerific, FundCrypt.com (Namerific listed @ 2999 , not mine) is available in GD closeout @ 11$ plus renewal....wait...that will cost more than a handreg right ? :P

A GD closeout can be a gem, you can never know :)

Last edited:
•••
Speaking of hand reg and Namerific, FundCrypt.com (Namerific listed @ 2999 , not mine) is available in GD closeout @ 11$ plus renewal....wait...that will cost more than a handreg right ? :P

A GD closeout can be a gem, you can never know :)
fundcrypt.com is not bad, but obviously CryptoFund.com is what u want.

•••

A GD close can be a gem, you can never know :)
My mostly domains from GD Closeout but i hand reg 1or 2 a month.

•••

Hey there Tiger...Kate tells us there are lots of "decent" names available. I guess you don't have any of the "decent" names in which case I decline your offer. I have hundreds/ maybe thousands of names on about a dozen legal pads that appraise from $1,100 to $1,500 that I'd gladly sell you:xf.wink:

•••
Great name, I want to stay in Ninja Motel
When you stay at the NinjaMotel don't forget to register your FinityRx at the deskO_o

•••

As you said yourself...there are plenty of "decent" names to be bought hand registering. There's been no zero cal debate. It's just one domain that may or may not fly. Another domainer from Arizona actually suggested that we develop it together....stay tuned:xf.wink:
Of course you can hand register great names. Just need to put the work in.
Speaking of work....I probably research at least 100 names before I register one. 80% of the names I look to buy are sold, but with hard work I do find an occasional gem. Just ask yourself, why do the bashers even care? Why do they bother? Compitition?

A tip....GD's appraisal doesn't just value each domain, it gives you "comparable's" and what they sold for. Sometimes those comparable's can lead to smarter ideas. Also, some of the other info GD shares is helpful as well. Namebio is another source I use.

•••
Here is a hand reg strategy...

Reg a bunch of bad domains, then create endless threads to spam them on NamePros.
Sure it has not resulted in any sales yet, but stay tuned :)

Brad

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back