NameSilo

Had an offer on courselessons.com

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Impact
140
I had a minimum offer on courselessons.com. I am not going to accept this offer, but I am interested in knowing what people think a reasonable amount I should counteroffer for this domain.

EDIT: Interestingly, this gentleman has entered in another bid (just $5 higher than his first bid) in the last 5 minutes.

Thanks for your input.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
you've obviously snagged the last of the big spenders.
I would go at $500 + escrow cost
 
0
•••
This is honestly only the second time I have had someone offer me the minimum amount for one of my domains... Most of the other negotiations I have had start at least a few hundred higher than the minium price. This was somewhat of uncharted territory for me.
 
0
•••
what's the min on this one? (you can PM if you dont want to say out loud)
 
0
•••
Just the standard $100. I normally don't change them when I list at Afternic. Just about all of my domains have a $100 minimum offer (which is the default for listing at Afternic).
 
0
•••
the experience seems to be that the $100 offers are just a speculative punt, but in this case you might have a serious interest with a shallow pocket (or a pretending one)
 
0
•••
He also just made an offer through my parked NameDrive page. I have his name and email address. I have contacted him through email and have done some research on google about him. I do not believe he has deep pockets, but I could be surprised. Will keep you updated with what happens.
 
0
•••
fonzie_007 said:
I normally don't change them when I list at Afternic. Just about all of my domains have a $100 minimum offer (which is the default for listing at Afternic).

I never change mine either. It takes too much time to go through and try to set a specific minimum for each name. I do wonder what percentage of people think that the sellers are actually considering selling for $100, which is rarely the case.
The thing I hate is getting these $100 offers and then countering a substantially higher price and scaring them away. I mean you could have sex.com listed with the $100 minimum and there's always gonna be some guy that thinks he has a chance of getting it for $200.
I hate that Afternic makes this mandatory. I would like it much better if we could just put "Make an offer".

Good luck with yours Fonz. I'm with Yoshi, $500 + escrow would sound good to me, unless you find out more about him (and his finances ;) ).
 
0
•••
Sold! $600 minus escrow fees.
 
0
•••
congrats :)
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

More data. Your data. See what is new
Major update
We have made a number of features available to provide sellers more data for their domains and inquiries, and greater access to the data...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back