IT.COM

domain gymworld.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

bleu munster

Impact
Uniregistry's buy-it-now price is $80,000.
I think it should be in the 5K range at most.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think it should be in the 5K range at most.

MAYBE reseller price (still would a be a STEAL) but surely not enduser price. If they had a $5k ask, it would have been sold already to one of the many endusers primed for this domain.

A much inferior version of the domain is listed on HugeDomains...

upload_2017-6-30_3-24-5.png

Last edited:
•••
I too think $5K is too low...

•••
I honestly believe that the domain is around 1X,XXX at most. I have been playing with some numbers -- and matched it up to my small rules of thumb on valuations.

It's nowhere near the asking price of 8X,XXX

•••
It's nowhere near the asking price of 8X,XXX

upload_2017-6-30_4-15-48.png

SportsWorld - now a sports news site.

If you go to a sports store, you will most likely find a gym department. There's a lot of money in exercise equipment / the fitness industry. I see GymWorld as a potential Gym store front / brand. "I got my bench press from GymWorld. They have EVERYTHING in the world there!"

Other departments in a sporting good store:

(GolfWorld.com - redirects to GolfDigest)
upload_2017-6-30_4-19-49.png

upload_2017-6-30_4-21-2.png

RunnersWorld.com - developed.

HockeyWorld.com - Developed Hockey eCommerce store.
upload_2017-6-30_4-22-37.png

BaseballWorld.com - undeveloped, regged since 1998.

BasketballWorld.com - Developed. regged since 1998.

FishingWorld.com regged since 1995...

I could go on, but what's the point. GymWorld.com is a VALUABLE domain. Potentially worth more than the $80k if to the right buyer.

EDIT: What is VitaminWorld.com worth?

upload_2017-6-30_4-37-17.png

Last edited:
•••
Show attachment 62668

SportsWorld - now a sports news site.
Snip.

There is profit and retail value for this domain -- that is undeniable. Maybe I was looking at it through rose colored glasses ((in the eyes of a reseller)) rather than the market end consumer, who I am sure could afford the 80,000 -- in exchange for the organic traffic and brand credibility that the domain could ultimately provide.

Last edited:
•••
I think $80k is on the lower end of the scale for this domain...

•••
Maybe I was looking at it through rose colored glasses ((in the eyes of a reseller)) rather than the market end consumer

I looked at this through the eyes of, Why would somebody open a new account just for a pre appraisal. Weary of any seasoned domainers opening a new anonymous account with the purpose of publicly talking down the asking price of $80k. ;)

•••
I looked at this through the eyes of, Why would somebody open a new account just for a pre appraisal. Weary of any seasoned domainers opening a new anonymous account with the purpose of publicly talking down the asking price of $80k. ;)

Hahahah, interesting angle... As you know the domaining world is filled with smoke & mirrors.. so anything is possible :)

•••
Hahahah, interesting angle... As you know the domaining world is filled with smoke & mirrors.. so anything is possible :)

Hopefully, it's an enduser who thought $80k was too high of a ask. Then after reading the reactions from this thread, the enduser comes to realize the domain is worth $80k thus resulting in a payday for the current owner.

•••
Hopefully, it's an enduser who thought $80k was too high of a ask. Then after reading the reactions from this thread, the enduser comes to realize the domain is worth $80k thus resulting in a payday for the current owner.

Lol, HOPEFULLY... but now that you mentioned the plot twist in your previous comment....that's all I can think off. hahaha..

•••

I was unaware of that angle -- you could be right!

•••
Hot brand, probably at least mid 5 figures.

•••
Somebody alert @Rick Schwartz (given he own's similar domain: TennisWorld.com) to ask his appraisal of GymWorld.com --- I assume he would say $80k is under priced. (disclosure: I know nothing aboutthe domain king. My assumption is just that, an assumption)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back