IT.COM

advice .guide domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
So after doing some research, I found a domain that is 3 letters and has over 600,000 exact match search results - but it's a .guide address.

Is it worth the investment? How have other .guide sales gone?

And do anyone know where I can research previous sales for different domain extensions?

Thanks for the input!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would stay away from these new extensions

DNJournal.com
Namenbio.com

Only 1 reported sale

workout.guide 230 USD

•••
but doesn't 3 letters add more of a significant value? And it's directly related to something, not just random, thus the 450k exact matches.

•••
And I just looked at the planner for his keywords - we are talking anywhere from 300K to 400K more exact searches - that has to have some value.

•••
It wont help, who is going to start their company using a .guide domain?? Ask yourself why has there only been one sale ever reported

•••
If you knew the keyword - then you would completely understand why .guide works

•••
Send me a PM if you want, I can let you know what I think

•••
Buy it.
Seems like you have convinced yourself the domain is the best ever.

•••
If you have to buy a .guide which I wouldn't advise but a .guide that makes sense
For example
Travel.guide
Tour.guide
Tourist.guide

•••
that's what this is - not exactly one of those - but it does in fact make sense and could be pitched to a few major players within their industry.

•••
I understand where some people are coming from, but yet I see the "domain hacks" that are bought and people are all over them! no_url_shorteners, Sudden.ly, mistaken.ly, etc

I think just because they are new - people shy away from them thinking the .com is the king. Well - maybe - for now, but like it was in the .com boom - those too were "iffy" but some turned out to be monsters - like monster.com

Look at the 800 #'s - when they ran out, and created 877 - did that stop businesses from getting on board with them? No. and 877's ran out - 866, 855, 844 and yet businesses are still getting them. I rationalize things and think that the same approach stands true with the new extensions. That's just my opinion tho.

•••
sex.guide is also interesting:xf.smile:

•••
3 letters and has over 600,000 exact match search results

if it is the "(3 letter Domain) Guide" is the exact match word, I would definitely buy it.

But if it is only "(3 letter Domain)" is the exact match word, I would be careful and will check how many exact searches for "(3 letter Domain) Guide"

•••
Would be really interested in what good LLL.guide there are left.

•••
There's a lot of 3 letter words in.guide that are left but few that make sense.

•••
Yeah, I dont like new extensions but as I told the PO, if there are words that makes sense, its worth a gamble

name like these make sense

Travel.guide
Tech.guide
Cooking.guide
Camping.guide

There are hundreds of lll.guide names left, I just checked, dont bother unless they suit the extension like Pet.Guide for instance

•••
I definitely agree with you. i Checked all the 3 letter words and there was 3 that kind of make sense and one that did.
I don't like any of the 3 letter words that were available

•••
I have
menguide.png
All reasonable offers would be accepted.

Last edited:
•••
Dot guide a great example of 'If you dont own the one word ultimate keyword, forget about it' method of gtld buying. Random LLL on dot guide seems like forever renewals.

•••
I understand where some people are coming from, but yet I see the "domain hacks" that are bought and people are all over them! no_url_shorteners, Sudden.ly, mistaken.ly, etc
Domain hacks are not the norm, and sales are scarce too, especially verifiable sales. And a fluke sale does not mean there is a market.

Look at the 800 #'s - when they ran out, and created 877 - did that stop businesses from getting on board with them? No. and 877's ran out - 866, 855, 844 and yet businesses are still getting them.
The comparison is flawed, because the available supply of phone numbers in a given prefix is limited, unlike domain names :) That's why we have 110 million regs in .com and growing.

I would stay away from new TLDs, including .guide, because it's not an all-purpose extension. Not every keyword makes sense in the TLD, thus limiting your opportunities even further.
If you want to make sales, you need to look at what people are buying... that's the key to the market.

•••
Hello,

The value for a domain is what potential customers are willing to pay for it. As today, the demand for .GUIDE among domainers and end-users are close to zero, but that might change. *I really hope so, as I have about 20 of them myself*.

I've only sold one .GUIDE so far. Traveling (dot) guide sold for just under $200.

•••
Wow.. only less than $200 for traveling.guide.. and that is one of the better ones IMO.

•••
Hello,

The value for a domain is what potential customers are willing to pay for it. As today, the demand for .GUIDE among domainers and end-users are close to zero, but that might change. *I really hope so, as I have about 20 of them myself*.

I've only sold one .GUIDE so far. Traveling (dot) guide sold for just under $200.

Why did you sell it so cheap?

•••
Why did you sell it so cheap?

Travelingguide.net and .org etc are still available, but you're right. I could probably have got a few hundred more for it.

•••
Wow.. only less than $200 for traveling.guide.. and that is one of the better ones IMO.

Same, I think you should have kept it Fancy :P

I got a couple good .guide like kayak.guide, invest.guide and 3dprinter.guide. I like the extension because guide is the same in french.

It's unfortunate that the extension didnt get any attention yet.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back