IT.COM

ccTLD .Gs domain - Gratis, Games ... UK or Argentina ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I recently bought a .gs domain, one of the few extensions available for that keyword. What you think ? should be .gs good to compete in Google with .tv for example or can be in the future as popular as .cc, why not ? do you think .gs is restricted to South Georgia ? i doubt because the island is too small, i doubt there is any business there.

I know South Georgia was/is disputed between UK and Argentina, do you think one day UK will give this island to Argentina ? something similar to Hong Kong ? do you think such an extension can go offline similar to .tp ?

What you think about all ?

Anyway i think it's a great extension to express something 'gratis' or related to the 'games' industry or many more.

:-/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hard to restrict it to South Georgia: except for a small number of British troops and the curator of the local museum, there are no residents! The small town used to be a whaling station in earlier times, but it is now deserted - sometimes a cruise ship stops and, if they manage to land, visitors spend a few hours sightseeing the ghost town and the museum. There are a few books on South Georgia, including a nice picture book available over Amazon, that you might want to buy - beautiful pictures: "Antarctic Oasis: Under the Spell of South Georgia" (1998) by Pauline Carr and Tim Carr.

Yes, the island is disputed, along with the Falklands/Malvinas - actually at the time of the Falkland War, Argentinian troops first took over South Georgia.

I own myself two .gs domain names (if you register them with Netsol for five years at least, the price becomes quite reasonable): one is my family names, the other one was bought for domaining purposes. In the header of that .GS name, I have made it look as a shortening for "General Solutions" - depending upon the nature of the website, could be a way of justifying the .GS!

•••
Can be used as shortening also for 'Global Site', 'Global Solutions', 'Global Systems', ' Games', 'Girls' probably many more. :) the cheapest i found is Moniker, 25 $ / year with all taxes included.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back