IT.COM

domains Green.earth sells for more than every other reported .earth sale combined

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact

The .earth top level domain does not have many reported sales. Namebio only has 11 reported domain name sales for the extension. New.Earth is the highest reported sale at $18,800. The domain name was sold by Braden Pollock’s Legal Brand Marketing. Phil Harris at Synergy Media emailed me that he has sold Green.earth for more […]
Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Really suits the site.

Nice one.

:cigar:

•••
Yep. Killer combo, doesn't get much better and this stuff even beats its equivalent in dot-com eg greenearth.com when it comes pure pairings.

What doesn't beat the dot-com is the registry renewals on these terms; this one clocks at almost 1k/year. Yuck. You better have anticipated steady revenue before the purchase, that's for sure.

I think Musk owns boring.earth.

•••
The article says "We used escrow holding they gave us 10k euro upfront and are paying 2k euro a month for 36 months ."

I guess that if it gets paid month after month, after 36 months, then we can say that it finally "sells for $82k".

Until then, for the moment, I guess it's too early to call it as a domain sold for that amount, in my opinion. Or maybe Namebio will report this sale right now?

doesn't get much better and this stuff even beats its equivalent in dot-com eg greenearth.com when it comes pure pairings.
GreenEarth.com will be always over Green.Earth in my book.

•••
Oh I am not surprised, but thank you Sutruk. It is definitely killer in dot-com too.

•••
The article says "We used escrow holding they gave us 10k euro upfront and are paying 2k euro a month for 36 months ."

I guess that if it gets paid month after month, after 36 months, then we can say that it finally "sells for $82k".

Until then, for the moment, I guess it's too early to call it as a domain sold for that amount, in my opinion. Or maybe Namebio will report this sale right now?

So what about LasVegas.com on a 10 year plan @ $90,000,000

Should we consider that a sale or not until the ten years is up ^

•••

I agree.

This is a sales agreement.

It is not a sale until all the money actually changes hands.

It is not the same thing. These type of agreements should certainly not be reported as sales on venues like NameBio until all payments have been received.

If I agree to sell a domain for $1M, but at $10/month. Is that a $1M sale?

On a side note "Green Earth" is a solid combo. At least it makes sense.

Brad

•••
So what about LasVegas.com on a 10 year plan @ $90,000,000

Should we consider that a sale or not until the ten years is up ^
No. It is a sales agreement.

The actual sale is not completed until all money has changed hands.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
This goes back to other "sales" like Coffee.Club for example. At the time it was reported as a $100,000 sale, when it reality there is more to it. It was a sales agreement to pay $10K/year for (10) years.

It is clear why a registry or other party with a vested interest would promote that as a sale, but they are not the same thing.

I don't see the sale on NameBio, so I am going to assume NameBio likely has the same definition as I do on what a sale actually is.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/coffee-club-reportedly-sells-for-100-000-at-t-r-a-f-f-i-c.837831/

I have domains currently under payment plans with Dan. I would not consider them to be sales until all the payments have been made.

Brad

Last edited:
•••

Last edited:
•••
I don't see the sale on NameBio, so I am going to assume NameBio likely has the same definition as I do on what a sale actually is.

I have domains currently under payment plans with Dan. I would not consider them to be sales until all the payments have been made.
Sometimes (or many) payment plans are not completed. So it's normal that Namebio do not want to report these "payment plan agreements" until they are completely paid.
Sometimes because the business itself ends before completing the payment plan. Sometimes because of buyer's remorse (and many times right after the first month of the payment plan).
Sometimes just because buyers have plenty of time to change their mind before completing the payment plan.

Last edited:
•••
No. It is a sales agreement.

The actual sale is not completed until all money has changed hands.

Brad
Sometimes (or many) payment plans are not completed. So it's normal that Namebio do not want to report these "payment plan agreements" until they are completely paid.
Sometimes because the business itself ends before completing the payment plan. Sometimes because of buyer's remorse (and many times right after the first month of the payment plan).
Sometimes just because buyers have plenty of time to change their mind before completing the payment plan.
Even before the money has completely changed hands, a sale is still a promise of purchase. Some types of sales can take months to complete, eg company takeovers, but are still announced.

No one buys a house outright, there are mortgages involved. Real estate companies are not going to wait for the 25, 30, 40 year amortization period to consider the home as "sold".

•••
No one buys a house outright, there are mortgages involved. Real estate companies are not going to wait for the 25, 30, 40 year amortization period to consider the home as "sold".
With a house sale the money changes hands when the seller is paid by the loan company.

The terms of the loan is between the buyer and loan company, but the seller has already been paid.
Therefore the sale has actually happened. That is a big difference.

Domain "sales" that involve payment agreements are not actual sales until the money changes hands. IMO.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
With a house sale the money changes hands when the seller is paid by the loan company.

The terms of the loan is between the buyer and loan company, but the seller has already been paid.
Therefore the sale has actually happened. That is a big difference.

Domain "sales" that involve payment agreements are not actual sales until the money changes hands. IMO.

Brad
You're right, just realized that was a bit of a guffaw. With mortgages, the seller still gets paid in full.

Domain sales can still be announced even if lease-to-own, but actually be reported on record as a sale has to be waited until completion for sure, agreed.

•••
You're right, just realized that was a bit of a guffaw. With mortgages, the seller still gets paid in full.

Domain sales can still be announced even if lease-to-own, but actually be reported on record as a sale has to be waited until completion for sure, agreed.

Yeah, it would be more akin to a home owner agreeing to sell their home with seller financing. I would not consider that a sale, just an agreement.

That is similar to a domain sales agreement.

Lots of things can go wrong before the terms of an agreement are actually completed.

I don't have a problem with people reporting a sales agreement, but that should be clear and not used in a misleading manner.

My issue is when an agreement is reported as an actual sale. They are very different things and should not be reported on venues like NameBio.

Brad

•••
A sale is a sale when money is in the bank. See the Elon vs Twitter case as a case study

•••
Good on em but could we ever buy it was it ever available to actually be clicked on or was that a high five or a few k a year.

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back