NameSilo

.mobi Great .mobi names dropping...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi, I haven't followed .mobi that closely, so maybe it is just me... But it seems that right now many great .mobi names are dropping.

First there was buddhism.mobi (auctioned yesterday at Pool), then betting.mobi and pizzas.mobi (now at SnapNames auction) and now concert.mobi and nightclub.mobi (still time to backorder) just to mention a few.

Is this a normal situation? In that case, I guess it is bad news for the extension. Or is it unusual and in that case a great opportunity for buyers? And are they worth paying high $xxx for?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 03:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 AM ----------

By the way, betting.mobi is already at $580 with more than two days left of the auction at SnapNames.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi, I haven't followed .mobi that closely, so maybe it is just me... But it seems that right now many great .mobi names are dropping.

First there was buddhism.mobi (auctioned yesterday at Pool), then betting.mobi and pizzas.mobi (now at SnapNames auction) and now concert.mobi and nightclub.mobi (still time to backorder) just to mention a few.

Is this a normal situation? In that case, I guess it is bad news for the extension. Or is it unusual and in that case a great opportunity for buyers? And are they worth paying high $xxx for?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 03:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 AM ----------

By the way, betting.mobi is already at $580 with more than two days left of the auction at SnapNames.

I'm shocked that you or anyone who's aware of the recent Snapnames scandal (Snapnames employee shill-bidding on thousands of auctions since 2005) would participate in a Snapnames auction. Are domainers brain-dead? Snapnames is responsible for massive auction fraud, considering their employee did it on their watch. Snapnames profited at the expense of innocent suckers who participated in those auctions. Now you want to reward them with more business. When are you going to wise up?

•••
Betting.mobi is currently at $2000+ with 2 days remaining. :O

•••
maybe cauz they are worhtless

•••
Seems like many of the dropping names are owned by the same company, RegistrarAds. Some more of the (supposedly) great names dropping:

cinemas.mobi
condo.mobi
prices.mobi
emails.mobi
rates.mobi
sites.mobi
travels.mobi
coupon.mobi
reservations.mobi

•••
If they were worthless people wouldn’t be willing to pay so much for them. I think this is a great chance to get into the mobi game if you haven’t yet or want some more really great names. Most of the good names are being dropped by the same company. Here is a nice read about them: Does anyone know this company? I guess they are dropping them because they have about 850k other domains under other tlds, that are most probably making more revenue at the moment. I’ve seen some of their names at Sedo with prices above 8k and that’s too high for the past and present market situation IMO. Most of the mobis they are dropping are premium quality.
:gn:'s

•••
If they were worthless people wouldn’t be willing to pay so much for them. I think this is a great chance to get into the mobi game if you haven’t yet or want some more really great names. Most of the good names are being dropped by the same company. Here is a nice read about them: Does anyone know this company? I guess they are dropping them because they have about 850k other domains under other tlds, that are most probably making more revenue at the moment. I’ve seen some of their names at Sedo with prices above 8k and that’s too high for the past and present market situation IMO. Most of the mobis they are dropping are premium quality.
:gn:'s

Thanks for the link. Seems like a big player who can afford to let them go... Will be interesting to follow the betting.mobi auction and some of the others.

•••
Seems like many of the dropping names are owned by the same company, RegistrarAds. Some more of the (supposedly) great names dropping:

cinemas.mobi
condo.mobi
prices.mobi
emails.mobi
rates.mobi
sites.mobi
travels.mobi
coupon.mobi
reservations.mobi

They have all been renewed by RegistrarAds, Inc.

•••
They have all been renewed by RegistrarAds, Inc.

Correction snapnames is currently the temporary owner of most the names.
Anyone thinking that these names are worthless is seriously misguided.

•••
Wow..quite a lot of nice names dropped today. I managed to get only one though; VoiceOverIP.mobi.

•••
Hi!

Do you guys think there will be more great .mobi names dropped after 2009 Dec 12 (or 13 ?)?

Some .mobi players told me No. Because good .mobi names was registered in around 2006-9-26, after the "big dropping time" during the passed ONE week, no more better names will be dropped, and no more so many good names dropped at the same day.

Do you think so ? Any opinions ?

Last edited:
•••
Hi!

Do you guys think there will be more great .mobi names dropped after 2009 Dec 12 ?

Some .mobi players told me No. Because good .mobi names was registered in around 2006-9-26, after the "big dropping time" during the passed ONE week, no more better names will be dropped, and no more so many good names dropped at the same day.

Do you think so ? Any opinions ?

They were correct

•••
Domain Name:AUSTRALIE.MOBI
Created On:13-Dec-2009 03:27:06 UTC
Expiration Date:13-Dec-2010 03:27:06 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:ClassDomainNames.com Inc. (1244)
Created by Registrar:ClassDomainNames.com Inc. (1244)
Registrant ID:FR-11daaf694311
Registrant Name: Pool.com In Trust

DAMN IT

•••

I agree. :(

•••
So I guess the ones that are already at auction now will be the last ones this time around. Will be interesting to follow their prices.

•••
So I guess the ones that are already at auction now will be the last ones this time around. Will be interesting to follow their prices.

Names drop every day from every TLD, most are crap, a few are reasonable, very few are quite good, hardly any are excellent/premium. So there will be more decent names from time to time, but probably never at the level we saw yesterday. That was a freak occurrence.

•••
betting.mobi is at $3,100 now at Snapnames auction. I wonder if it is really worth this much.

•••
betting.mobi is at $3,100 now at Snapnames auction. I wonder if it is really worth this much.

according to at least two bidders in a live auction it is really worth that much to them.

•••
I'm shocked that you or anyone who's aware of the recent Snapnames scandal (Snapnames employee shill-bidding on thousands of auctions since 2005) would participate in a Snapnames auction. Are domainers brain-dead? Snapnames is responsible for massive auction fraud, considering their employee did it on their watch. Snapnames profited at the expense of innocent suckers who participated in those auctions. Now you want to reward them with more business. When are you going to wise up?

Yeah, it is just shocking, I fully expected every expiring name now would not get a bid. Everyone must be "brain dead" except you and me.

•••
Yeah, it is just shocking, I fully expected every expiring name now would not get a bid. Everyone must be "brain dead" except you and me.

I don`t bid anymore on Snap.

•••

Or maybe a name is needed for a business purpose and the buyer has to deal with the devil regardless. Not everything is so black and white.

•••
can try

zedge.mobi

zedge.net is very very famous otherwise

so....take the right step guys :D

•••
Auction closed at $4,100

•••
Or maybe a name is needed for a business purpose and the buyer has to deal with the devil regardless. Not everything is so black and white.

So when it comes to making money, a lack of ethics or morals is acceptable right ?

•••
So when it comes to making money, a lack of ethics or morals is acceptable right ?

How is it unethical to deal with them? The lack on ethics is on the part of the person doing the shill bidding not the customers.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back