IT.COM

sales Got my first sale on DAN today (review inside)

NameSilo
Watch

MysticHero

Established Member
Impact
Hey, Domainers!

I'm new to this board.

Been reading this forum from a week now and watching sales happening; So, here's my turn -

Just sold my first domain (gTLD) through DAN today. Got an offer of $500 and I clicked "Accept" within few minutes as it was a hand-reg a few days ago for ~$8. Though it was a well-researched domain. Got this buyer through outreach.

[Can't add pics as I'm new]

Well, I'd recommend DAN for selling newly registered domains under $xxx. The best about DAN is that you can sell newly registered without worrying about 60 day lock period. Afternic got strict terms, one of them is to have a domain at least 60 days old to get listed on their premium network. But they're good for high-value sales.

For selling a new, locked domain, usually, I have to convince the buyer to make an account on the domain registrar, pay through Paypal, make trust, push domain... and I have to send multiple follow-ups to do that. That's a headache for me and not productive at all.

DAN saved me from all this clutter. They have accounts on most domain registrar and what they do is ask you to push the domain to their Escrow account (that's an automated process). Wish I could've knew this earlier.

I found this really helpful. From now on, all I have to do is head the buyer to DAN and DAN will handle everything for me. The whole deal completed within minutes. I'm now waiting for my payment from DAN. Not to mention - they support crypto. If you're concerned about privacy like me though you've to go through verification to enable that option.

I know many of here are pros and know this already, but many newbies don't. I thought I'd share with them.

Got two more interested buyers in talk. Let's see how it goes. :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
Hey, Domainers!

I'm new to this board.

Been reading this forum from a week now and watching sales happening; So, here's my turn -

Just sold my first domain (gTLD) through DAN today. Got an offer of $500 and I clicked "Accept" within few minutes as it was a hand-reg a few days ago for ~$8. Though it was a well-researched domain. Got this buyer through outreach.

Well, I'd recommend DAN for selling newly registered domains under $xxx. The best about DAN is that you can sell newly registered without worrying about 60 day lock period. Afternic got strict terms, one of them is to have a domain at least 60 days old to get listed on their premium network. But they're good for high-value sales.

For selling a new, locked domain, usually, I have to convince the buyer to make an account on the domain registrar, pay through Paypal, make trust, push domain... and I have to send multiple follow-ups to do that. That's a headache for me and not productive at all.

DAN saved me from all this clutter. They have accounts on most domain registrar and what they do is ask you to push the domain to their Escrow account (that's an automated process). Wish I could've knew this earlier.

I found this really helpful. From now on, all I have to do is head the buyer to DAN and DAN will handle everything for me. The whole deal completed within minutes. I'm now waiting for my payment from DAN. Not to mention - they support crypto. If you're concerned about privacy like me though you've to go through verification to enable that option.

I know many of here are pros and know this already, but many newbies don't. I thought I'd share with them.

Got two more interested buyers in talk. Let's see how it goes. :)
Congrats on the sale.

Please do share Names once funds hit your Dan Account.

Regards

•••
Congrats on the sale.

Please do share Names once funds hit your Dan Account.

Regards

Thank you for the tip. I'll keep the name private. :)

•••
You have shared nothing of value...just self promotion & a DAN showcase thread...

•••
You have shared nothing of value...just self promotion & a DAN showcase thread...
Being a veteran here, maybe you didn't find any value in it, but the tip I shared is should be helpful for some people. I thought I'd have knew this earlier.

•••
don't know but I have that weird feeling that it's just a Dan promotional post.O_o

....anyway, congratulation if it's true.

•••
don't know but I have that weird feeling that it's just a Dan promotional post.O_o

....anyway, congratulation if it's true.

Well, it is sounds a self-promotion to you, you should check these pics (can't post links):

i.gyazo. com/42319f59866dd0eb3008ccae55b36be1.png

I'm no way affiliated to DAN.

•••
Though you're new to this board - but after reading your post I am convinced that you've good domaining experience. Congrats on the sale - keep sharing!

•••
Well, it is sounds a self-promotion to you, you should check these pics (can't post links):

I'm no way affiliated to DAN.
congratulations dude I'm happy for you. I wish you very good luck (y)(y)(y)(y). would be nice to share what kind of domain that got sold that fast so we could all get value and benefit from your experience. I'm also a new domainer

•••
useless info if you do not disclose more detailed information

there are over 100 successful transactions on a daily basis at dan.com and you just share one of them

•••
Congrats for the sale. I believe you because...

DAN needs no promotion.
Also you don't really need to be secretive about a domain sales unless you singed a privacy agreement. It is also a hand registered 1000 usd domain. By hiding it, you are not coming off as very helpful for a new member.

People share their domain sales and purchase here everyday. That is what this community is all about.

Also domains sold on DAN are not really hidden. It is on their block explorer.

Another thing, For the first 60 days, the most hassle free listing on the registry it self using the registry lander.
The lander will convert type in traffic, and the domains will also be in the registry path of the registrar.

Last edited:
•••
•••
By hiding it, you are not coming off as very helpful for a new member.
Why so judgemental? I don't really understand the need to bite and backlash at people esp new users sharing info, in whatever way they choose. So much negativity.

I've been around the web for years and it seems counter-intuitive to nit pick at newcomers (unless they're scamming that's another thing). Forums are for discussion, poster starts a discussion, he's not a NP staffer.

And why would a "new" member be the most helpful? That's for the veterans, right? Teach and mentor. No need to tear down peers.

Last edited:
•••
Congrats on the sale. Share what you are comfortable with and nothing more.

•••
Why so judgemental? I don't really understand the need to bite and backlash at people esp new users sharing info, in whatever way they choose. So much negativity.

I've been around the web for years and it seems counter-intuitive to nit pick at newcomers (unless they're scamming that's another thing). Forums are for discussion, poster starts a discussion, he's not a NP staffer.

And why would a "new" member be the most helpful? That's for the veterans, right? Teach and mentor. No need to tear down peers.
I should have worded it better. That was not my intent.
That is why I started with why it didn't look promotional
I was trying to explain why others were criticizing him, specially for a domain that will be published on the DAN explorer.

•••
Congrats, well done! My first sale was also after not a long time. Hand regged golf related domain and I recall 500 usd price. It was more than 15 years ago. The second sale took much more time and I dont even remember now the name and the price. The first is special...

Last edited:
•••
•••
Congrats on sale and glad the process went smoothly.
I would echo what @blogspotter wrote above that during the 60 day lock period registrar marketplaces work really well as they simply transfer to new owner. And in most cases the commissions are competitive. But I agree the DAN process involving push to their Escrow works smoothly.
Best wishes for many more sales.
Bob

•••
Congratulations on your first sale at DAN

•••
•••
Thanks for sharing, Awesome sale $ xxx(y)

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back