IT.COM

offers Got an offer through GoDaddy domain buy service

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

amit chowdhury

Established Member
Impact
Hello Friends,

Today got an initial offer ($100) for the domain /d/f/i/a/g/i/n/g (king) through Godaddy domain buy service. It is an Accept/counter offer.
Any advice/suggestion what should be the counter offer price?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Depends on your situation, strategy etc.

You can counter with low $xxxx, but then, depends how important low $xxx was for your current situation, if they disappear.

Also, this is probably not the name that will get another potential buyer soon, as a/g/i/n/g is quite niche industry. Now, if it was d/e/f/y/a/g/i/n/g, you could have asked for $xx,xxx and just held to it.

•••
Don't accept a $100 offer for anything through Godaddy domain buy service because it is illogical for anyone to pay a $69 fee just to inquire about a name if they are only willing to pay $100 for the name. I got a $100 offer and countered $350 and it was accepted.

•••
i never had domain buy service inquiry.. from gd.. but if it costs $70 to do it for buyer, then I think its safe to say his intereat in the name is greater than $100.

imo

gl

•••
He has paid money ($69) to bring in a broker, so he is a solid lead. Still I had a similar buyer stand on $100 and lose his $69.

10% chance he vanishes no matter what you do.
10% chance he would pay $1500, or more.
30% chance he sticks with $100
35% chance he will pay up to $300
15% chance he would buy around $750

Take your pick. If you choose low you abandon money, choose too high and no sale. This is why you should have multiple names and plenty of time.

Last edited:
•••
Let's face it. This domain has zero value to everyone apart from this 1 inquiry. So it's a gamble if you scare them away or they pay whatever you ask. Generally, I get at least 1 offer after I've given a price to a GoDaddy broker. So it depends entirely on your aversion to risk. But for sure they will pay more than their first offer.

Searching Google it has 12K results. It's an anti-aging skin care product. Which is a profitable sector. I'd ask $2K and expect a counter offer. Which I would accept.

•••
Let's face it. This domain has zero value to everyone apart from this 1 inquiry. So it's a gamble if you scare them away or they pay whatever you ask. Generally, I get at least 1 offer after I've given a price to a GoDaddy broker. So it depends entirely on your aversion to risk. But for sure they will pay more than their first offer.

Searching Google it has 12K results. It's an anti-aging skin care product. Which is a profitable sector. I'd ask $2K and expect a counter offer. Which I would accept.
Thank you for your suggestion. Accordingly l have countered with $2k. Lets see what happens.
Thank you guys for your kind & valuable advices.

•••
Thank you for your suggestion. Accordingly l have countered with $2k. Lets see what happens.
Thank you guys for your kind & valuable advices.

Keep us updated on what happens.

•••
I recommend always counter first offer at last we are domainer & we should try our best to get more $$$.

•••
Since this came up in a Google search for "GoDaddy Buy Service" let's remind any potential buyers to not give up. In the past I sold after a counter offer, was probably a good broker. Two weeks ago I received a voicemail plus email from a GoDaddy Broker. I replied to both by voicemail and email. Never hear back.

So while their promo says 30 days of effort trying to negotiate a deal that's probably not entirely true. They send out emails and voicemails. But you won't know how many and if it reached the intended target.

If you are a buyer and you want it, keep trying.

Follow up directly with the domain name owner if the GoDaddy Broker fails, for example. If it's been two weeks into the process with no follow up from a broker, do the work yourself!

Most domainers are friendly.

•••
Back