NameSilo

domain Got an offer of $500 at Uniregistry for a/c/t/o/f/d/o/g (in king)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

amit chowdhury

Established Member
Impact
Hello everybody,

Today at Uniregistry, I got an offer ($500) for my domain a/c/t/o/f/d/o/g in king.
Should I counter the offer or accept the offer?
Your advice please.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
They probably thought it was “act of God”

Accept the offer if you’re happy with it.

•••
•••
•••
The name is probably for a good cause, accept.

•••
•••
Accept it, go with the majority

Last edited:
•••
I'll be the odd man out here.

Archive.org shows that this domain was first registered in 1997 (!) and most years in between. That's a lot of history. Also, think of the popular (bumper sticker) phrase "Dog is my co-pilot."

https://web.archive.org/web/20031014034055/http://www.actofdog.com:80/

Also the often-used phrase here at NamePros, "Never accept the first offer." While I usually say "Never say never", in this case I say counter, at least with $750.

But always it does boil down to how badly you need the sale, or how badly (or not) you'll feel if your buyer disappears into the ether.

Last edited:
•••
3 word domain containing a grammar 'of'
Can't think of any industry that your domain would cater to..maybe pet shops.

So, the price is good enough.
But accepting the first offer may turn off the seller as he might think that he is paying more.

So, I would counter with $555 and tell him about the 10% commission of Uniregistry. This would keep the deal within his budget and you would sound reasonable, honest and trustworthy..(which I am not sure whether u are or not..but doesn't matters).!!

Last edited:
•••
Your call.
Accept the offer or list here in the $1 auction.

•••
Accept with a tail light warranty and run for the hills

•••
I'll be the odd man out here.

Archive.org shows that this domain was first registered in 1997 (!) and most years in between. That's a lot of history. Also, think of the popular (bumper sticker) phrase "Dog is my co-pilot."

https://web.archive.org/web/20031014034055/http://www.actofdog.com:80/

Also the often-used phrase here at NamePros, "Never accept the first offer." While I usually say "Never say never", in this case I say counter, at least with $750.

But always it does boil down to how badly you need the sale, or how badly (or not) you'll feel if your buyer disappears into the ether.
That's why I hand regged the domain again and renewed.

•••
Sell imo - the gains made from countering aren't worth losing the sale.

Normally I would say counter all bids but what are you going to make from a counter, $100? Just make sure you have done all your proper research so we aren't missing something.

•••
Finally after negotiations sold for $1100

•••
•••
•••
Love to see the wording on the counter and negotiation as this is the true art of domaining maximising your sale.

•••
•••
Love to see the wording on the counter and negotiation as this is the true art of domaining maximising your sale.
After receiving initial offer, I asked the buyer purpose of use of the domain. He replied that he is a dog lover. Then I counter with $2k offer but he countered with $1k and finally settled for $1100 as he told that is the max amount he can spent for the domain and I accepted the final offer. I hand regged it and one time renewed. Not bad ROI.

What do you think?

Last edited:
•••
•••
That's why I hand regged the domain again and renewed.
You did some research and it paid off...congrats on your sale.

I would have took the first offer..

•••
•••
After receiving initial offer, I asked the buyer purpose of use of the domain. He replied that he is a dog lover.

There is serious money in pets, dogs, horses - congrats on a good sale and negotiation.

I too would not have accepted the initial offer.

Last edited:
•••
Counter with little bit more say 800$ such that they will accept it without any hesitation! Just my opinion!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back